Nimbus 2000 [Grifball]

CaptainDireWolf

CaptainDireWolf

(2-16 players, red vs. blue teams)

Gametype: Broomsticks, basically grifball but able to throw the ball to score (ricochet)

Welcome to Quidditch! This is obviously a tribute to the wizard world of Harry Potter with one quaffle, multiple flying bludgers, and the golden snitch that spawns late into the match.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

You can choose either to play as Gryffindor (Red Team) or Ravenclaw (Blue Team). Don't choose another team color or it won't work! If there is more interest in playing as the other teams (Slytherin and Hufflepuff) I may add them in a future update.

(Good for 2-16 players; play as chasers, beaters, keepers, or the seeker) Sadly you can't ride brooms as welding baskets to banshees would be very clunky... trust me, I've tried. Sooooo you’ll be flying around (i.e. traversing very smooth, undulating, invisible floors) trying to grab the quaffle ball mid-air and throw it through the opposing elevated hoops to score (Yay Ricochet gametype!). Watch out for the multiple bludgers as they fly around trying to impede your way. After two minutes the golden snitch pops into view and flies about. I also tried to eliminate spawn kills (which sometimes happens in grifball) by having players "fly in" from outside the field.

*Apparently you can't script an objective object (the ball) so it could fly around like a snitch to be caught). So as of yet, you can only win by scoring with the quaffle 10 times, which is still fun. So the golden snitch simply became an aesthetic piece.

With that, I certainly welcome any additional suggestions for adding or fixing or removing anything to make this map even better, as I’m an avid Harry Potter fan and try to keep everything as close to the original as possible (within the budget of course).

Please click the download button on the forgehub page: http://www.forgehub.com/maps/nimbus-2000-grifball.1664/ and add my GT: CaptainDireWolf and download Nimbus 2000 Grifball (from BOOKMARKS!) to enjoy the map.

Safe Flying!

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

• Like 3

Seems there's a problem with your images and I can't fix them myself. Is there a way you can reupload them so I can feast my eyes on this nice tribute?

Alright I've resubmitted the images. Hope that fixed the problems. If not let me know. Tried using url from xboxclips.com instead of onedrive. Let me know if there's a better place to get the url from. Thanks.

• Like 2