• This Map is Awesome!
    • The Map was Ok...
    • This Map is Terrible

Gamertag: FatAussieFatB0y
(The 0 is a number and not a letter)

Map Name: Simon Say's
Gamemode: Simon Say's (Slayer FFA)

Description of the Map:

Simon Say’s is a fairly straight forward Minigame that uses a simple but effective game style. All players spawn on a coloured Dance Floor, a TV positioned to the front of the Dance Floor shows what colour the Simon (random generator) has chosen, Players must try to survive for 2 minutes or be the last person standing.
(A more complete description of every part of the map will be explained below along with pictures of the map).

Pictures of the Map:

An image of the screen once Simon has activated a colour.
(This is the only indicator of what colour Simon has chosen)
post-95665-0-80316500-1483001583_thumb.png

What the default screen looks like when Simon is yet to choose a colour.
post-95665-0-87572600-1483001400_thumb.png

What happens when a colour is chosen and 1 second passes.
(This is subject to change depending on the colour Simon chooses)
post-95665-0-53129100-1483001878_thumb.png

This overview shows off an obstacle that the players will be faced with when the game reaches 1:00.
(Just in-case you missed it, the obstacle is the black coloured blocks. That will encourage players to remember the locations of certain block colours)
post-95665-0-21142400-1483001739_thumb.png

The Gravity Hammer spawn location, useful for keeping the peace or causing Havoc.​
post-95665-0-31881000-1483001974_thumb.png

When a Player Dies they are sent backstage to hang with the Sangheili DJ's.

post-95665-0-93730300-1483001757_thumb.png

Pocket in the Wall where players can stand if they can't reach the chosen colour.

post-95665-0-02453600-1483001852_thumb.png

Updates:

​Patch 1.00 | 29/12/16 - AUS | 12/29/16 - USA

​Hey Everyone, haven't had an update on this map in quite sometime so lets make this worth the wait:

​Map Updates -

• The Map's Aesthetic Design has been entirely re-done, it is more empty but feels more like a dance floor (This theme will be changed over the coming days to feel more open)
  • The Simon (Player) has been removed from the gamemode and has been replaced with a Random Generator.
  • The Period of time between blocks disappearing has been increased to 1.70 seconds instead of 1 second.
  • The Gravity Hammer has been replaced with the Tartarus Gravel (Not sure if spelt correctly).
  • Scripting has been simplified so it is more Efficient.

​Thanks Everyone,

FatAussieFatBoy

P​atch 0.03
20/03/16 - AUS | 03/20/16 - USA
Hey everyone, I am very excited to give you guys the last update for this gamemode for a while as I will be working on another Original Minigame soon.
This however does not mean that I will be finishing all updates on this map as I have something very special planned for it once Infection is released ;P

So, what nonsense have you added this time? -
  • The Map's Aesthetic design has been updated with some new Base Geometry giving the map some theme and shape.
  • Gravity Hammer has been removed from the gamemodes as a Starting Weapon, however I have added a Single Gravity Hammer that will spawn in the arena after 60 Seconds.
  • Simon Platform has been risen to provide a better vantage point for the Simon and to make it difficult for players as it is now harder to see what colour Simon might choose.
  • The Merging TV Glitch has been fixed.
  • Better Invisible Barrier locations.
  • Map Logic (Exits, Lights, Theme, etc.)
  • Double Simon glitch has been fixed (again), this time a block will cover the initial spawn point once the player spawns via a pressure plate.
And that is all for now, this should be a stable enough version of the map to keep you all entertained as I work on my next Minigame.
Remember to keep an eye out for this Minigame once Infection is released :D

Patch 0.02​
07/03/2016 - AUS | 03/07/2016 - USA
Hey everyone, I know that this update is fairly quick but I suppose it is for the best since the map had a few little kinks with the newest Patch (0.01).
I promise future updates will be more bulk and meaningful.

So, what's been fixed -
  • I have fixed a double spawning Simon Glitch that would happen during FFA.
    (I am fairly certain I have fixed this issue but I could be wrong as I have no one to test it with currently)
  • I have started working on aesthetics to the map such as a brand new Simon Box and invisible barriers to prevent players from accessing any weird glitch locations on the map.
That's about it, again I am sorry that this update is fairly tiny but this was something that needed to be fixed ASAP.

Patch 0.01
06/03/2016 - AUS | 03/06/2016 - USA
Hey guys, so this is Patch 0.01 for Simon Say's. I'm Very excited to bring you all this news as I have been thinking very hard on how to improve, develop and further Simon Say's as an actual Genre of Minigame.​

So lets get started -
  • The gamemode has been changed from Strongholds to Slayer FFA to improve the scoring system to individuals as an appose to team gameplay.
    (If you still wish to use the old strongholds gamemode you can and this will not affect the map overall
  • All players will now be equipped with a Gravity Hammer ​to allow players on the field to knock other players off the coloured blocks and into the abyss. This can also be very useful if used correctly as it can provide extra height when jumping.
  • This is more of a coming soon feature, but I thought I would excite you a little and let the community know that I will be adding aesthetics to the map's playing field and Simon Box. I was thinking of going with a Disco feel but any suggestions are welcome.
Anyways guys, that's all I have currently but this is bound to change with future updates.

And that’s about it.
The Minigame is fairly simple but is a lot of fun with a group of friends.

Hope you all Enjoy!

<3 FatAussieFatBoy

• Like 4

Update:

I have edited my post to show the images instead of a link making the post more user friendly for those with slower internet speeds.

Ironically I have also created an update section on the post keeping true fans and even new comers to the gamemode updated on the progress and changes I will be making to the map.

See you on the WarZone.

<3 FatAussieFatBoy

Like I said in that lobby we played in, the map has potential. Shame it was slightly broken and I couldn't see what it's like from the other perspective.

• Make the platform that rises in the room to fit the room.
  • Ensure that there can be only one Simon.

That's all I got for now. Hopefully, I can play this again soon when it's fixed up.

Thanks for the feedback Zandril,I have taken into account what you have said and will be working on getting it all fixes ASAP. I would also like to let you know that I will be adding some asthetical changes to the map as well ready for the next test. :D

- FatAussieFatBoy

I like the changes you did. I still have some issues with the map though.

• I don't like the hammer. The way I see it, it should be the Simon vs. everyone else. With the hammers in the map, players' focus tend to shift to knocking each other off instead of doing what Simon says. If the removal of the hammers makes the minigame too easy, you could decrease the number of platforms per color in the map as the game goes by. Or you could have hammers that are on a delayed spawn to resolve any stalemates that might happen. Your call.
  • The TV that displays color is merged into the wall a little too much. Part of it isn't seen.
  • I'm not sure about this one. It might be a problem, it might not but since Simon is right in front of everyone, they might be able to know in advance which color he'll pick. All they have to do is watch which terminal Simon goes near. My idea is you can raise Simon's platform where everyone else can't see the terminals.

P.S. Your pictures are broken

• Like 1

@Zandril, thank you once again for the feedback. As I have stated on Xbox I apologise that I haven't responded as I have been having issues with my ISP. But now that issue is all resolved I will be focusing most of my time on getting this map completed (Gameplay and Aesthetics).

So ​this is what I have planned.
1. I like your idea of having a Hammer spawn in after a set amount of time.
    (I was kind of worried that the hammers were going to be focused more on trolling players then helping the player with mobility)​ 

2. During my time of ISP troubles I replayed Good Ol' Reach and found that on the Skyscraper Mission there was a Disco were you would have to fight 4 Hunters.
​    This gave me some inspiration and now I am fully aware of what process I should take towards the aesthetics of the gamemode.
3. After looking at the Disco Skyscraper for a little while I noticed that there was a ledge with controls that had access to all the lights/mechanics in and on the disco floor.​​

The controls are completely out of view for the players on the floor but gives the Simon complete view over the dancers.

Well that's all I have at the moment but I will be adding more to the gamemode as time and feedback progresses.

PS: I will have the images fixed when I complete the aesthetics for the map as the map has changed quite a bit recently.

- FatAussieFatBoy​​

Update:

I would first like to start by saying thank you to Zandril for all the feedback he has provided, without it this map would never of come to be what it is today.

What has been updated?

• Map Geometry is complete giving a base shape of the map aesthetics that will be in the final version.
  • Gravity Hammer has been removed from the gamemodes as a Starting Weapon, however I have added a Single Gravity Hammer that will spawn in the arena after 60 Seconds.
  • Simon Platform has been moved into a Higher location making it more difficult for the Players to see what Terminal Simon is going to use.
  • Merging TV has been fixed.
  • Better Invisible Barrier Locations.
  • Beginning of Map Logic. (Exits, Lights, etc.)

That's about it... If you are after a more descriptive update then please feel free to check the Posts update section.

See you on the WarZone

- FatAussieFatBoy

• Like 1

Can you clarify what it means when black blocks spawn? But overall, I really enjoyed this new version. Good job man. I think the only thing left to do is figure out a fix for there being 2 Simons if a player joins in-game. It's not a huge issue but it'd be nice if it were fixed.

Again, good job on continuing to update and improve the map. Keep an eye out on my channel ;)

@Zandril, yeh I noticed a few people were having semi-panic attacks today in the Minigame lobby when the black blocks spawned.
Pretty much the black blocks are to conseal the original colour of the block, this forces players to learn the block colours. Look at it as a Obsticle for the players trying to survive ;P​

Nothing else really happens other than the colour change, the blocks functions stay the same even once this occurs.
EG: ​Red blocks will be the only blocks remaining once the Red Button is pressed, even if the block is black.

Also I have an idea on how to fix the double Simon glitch, so I will be working on that ASAP and will be updating the post once complete.

- FatAussieFatBoy​

Update:

Okay, so just a quick update.

I've been trying to get​ this Double Simon glitch fixed and I think that I have come across an in-genius idea...

The Idea:

• I have implemented a script that will move a block over the initial spawn point after the spawning of the Simon by using a pressure plate.
  • This will prevent any players that join from spawning in as the Simon.

- FatAussieFatBoy

You should rename your map variant and gametype. The apostrophe shouldn't be there. Just "Simon Says". This isn't really a problem though. It just bothers me a bit :P

Yeah I had some guy bugging me about it earlier today... I'll fix it up sometime later today as its currently 1:44 am in Australia at the time of this comment.

Anyways, once again thanks a heap Zandril for your help in making the map what it is today​ and of course that new snazzy video of the map had me so excited :D

(Somehow you explain it so simply yet when I tried to explain it I was there for 30+ minutes)​

- FatAussieFatBoy​

Update:

Hey everyone just another quick update...

I didn't feel that this update is necessary for the posts update section but I thought I would let you all know that I have been having issues with the maps Gamemode.

I was taking Zandril's advice and renaming my gamemode and map so it didn't have the apostrophe in the name, once this was complete I left the gamemode and map untouched but for some reason the gamemode reset it self back to FFA Slayer settings...

That's right you could kill people and use Clamber, Ground Pound, Stabilizer, etc.

This made the gamemode generally un-enjoyable and I apologise.

But I have fixed this issue and now the gamemode has been returned to its original settings before the glitch.
Once again I am sorry f​​or those that played the map and found that the gamemode wasn't working.

PS: I would also like to thank Wolf113 for pointing this issue out as I probably wouldn't of noticed the problem for a while :/

- FatAussieFatBoy​ 

• Twam unpinned this topic