[FEATURED] Atonement

N3gat1veZer0

When remaking Damnation, I didn't want plane ol' purple blocks everywhere even though that's pretty much how the original was. So, I borrowed some styling from Halo Reach's Penance while keeping the original pathways the same. The map looks incredible. The map's padded weapons are a sniper and a SPNKr Rocket. I've kept the shotgun and active camo, but the overshield was just too much. 

I scaled the map to play well with Halo 5's new mechanics, and play well it does. This way you don't have to bother with classic settings. The new Halo 5 Spartan Abilities compliment the map incredibly well. They go together like peanut butter and jelly.

The water falls posed a bit of a problem. Alpine's natural waterfall is too enclosed to use so I improvised. There are now three pipes that have covenant plasma flowing out just like in the Halo CE mission Keys. You may remember the green gooey stuff leaking from the ship. The map has a pool of the stuff below the mid area. As for the Covenant theme, Penance was my main source of ideas. I went with a lighter purple glass instead of the typical orange or blue simply because I thought it clashed too much with the green plasma pool.

I am constantly reworking the map trying to revise parts and reduce object count so i can add more detail to the plane purple blocks I set out to avoid (unfortunately pulling of a convincing covenant theme requires a lot of objects).

Needless to say, be sure to bookmark, so that way you always have the most up to date version. Pictures and paragraphs won't do this map justice. The best way is to see it for yourself.

My GT is N3gat1veZer0

(PS I suggest checking it out in custom games. The lights are glitchy in forge)

Link to Forgehub: http://www.forgehub.com/maps/atonement.1574/

For more pics because some of my files were too large to upload

post-95662-0-52397900-1456676353_thumb.png

post-95662-0-77941700-1456676358_thumb.png

post-95662-0-34677800-1456676364_thumb.png

• Like 3

• Twam unpinned this topic