Lag in Halo 5

TrulyMote

Hello everyone, first I think I should preface this post by daying that I'm fairly incompetent when it comes to technology.

Recently I've been having issue in the Halo 5 multiplayer where I'll constantly teleport, making it impossible to play the game. This issue isn't exclusive to just one gametype for me either.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue before and I was wondering if it was on my end or the games.

I'm sorry as well if this isn't the place to post something like this.

First, a few questions to help diagnose and help fix the issue. If you make some progress, feel free to post the answers so we can help out:

1. Does the lag appear in other games? While playing other games does similar effects happen, such as delayed response, teleporting, etc?

2. How long has this issue been happening? A few hours, a few days, etc? Has any change in your router, ISP, etc occurred?

3. Have you been experiencing issues of slow internet or streaming on other devices?

4. Who/what is your ISP?

Here is a basic generalization of some of the possible results:

If other games or other devices have been experiencing lag or slow connection, reset your router. If it still persists after a few days, get in contact with your ISP. 

If the lag is exclusive to Halo 5, and has been happening for more than a week, then it may be connection to the dedicated servers. Try resetting your router and restarting your Xbox. If the problem still exists, double check. Issues with ISP and Halo 5 servers have been happening for months, and changes are constantly being made. Go look at this and follow the updates over at Halowaypoint: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/41883-connection-problems-in-halo-5/ 

• Like 1