Infinity's Armory Update Coming Next Week (New Things Added)

EdwardBuckODST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-pND0x-FO0

Since the info release about Halo 5's new update that is coming late January, I was wondering what are your guy's opinions on it so far. From what I can see there are no gamemodes to be added which is kinda sad but come Feburary, we are to be getting classic game modes. Depending on what game types i dont know but honestly I would like to see Assault, Oddball, Infection, and other great classic game types.Are you guys still going to be hanging around until we get more gametypes or are you going elsewhere until then?

• Like 1

I'm not wowed, but I appreciate the fanservice. The only thing bugging me is whether the MK V Alpha is just another part of a new MK V line in Halo 5.

MKV[A] is Halo 5, and CE

MKV is Halo Reach, CEA, Grey Team and was basically succeeded by NOBLE and MKVII

Halo 4 and 3 are unknown quantities

In the same way, we got the MKIV used by Red Team/ Halo 5 and MKIV variants used by Blue Team in Package/ FUD. Just different sub-models in the same line.

Kind of redundant why you'd opt to use technology that is outdated and inferior, but when the alternative is wearing 343-designed garbage,who could blame them for wanting something that doesn't look like the scribblings of a twelve year old?

• Like 2

Its an Ok update nothing really groundbreaking just an armor that will take forever to get the old classic halo 1 armor yippee never cared for that, and some new REQs that will be destroyed once called out in warzone, along with new assassinations that I will never use and some poses that make zero sense since no one sees them... now how many colors are there in halo 5 for your armor ... only 2 Red and Blue. Yes there is a lack of PVE content like a warzone variant and heres the issue I have with this, when Josh Holmes said if theres enough demand they will make a PVE mode, funny thing is that there is a plethora of demand from the community for this mode yet 343 has not seem to care or they are keeping a tight lid on it... either way its not good because until I get a sign of PVE mode non of these upates are going to stir my interested not even the slightest... I heard theres some hammer coming to halo 5 yipeee don't care because again ill call in a Hammer REQ and go into warzone where I may get one kill with it because there 11 other Spartans who will turn there attention to me and try to kill me and well they will succeed and there goes a hammer wasted yet again like all my other high REQ stuff.

Yea no PVE mode means I don't flipping care what new REQs and dumb skins along with the same maps with minor changes they bring out its seriously boring to me.

MKV[A] is Halo 5, and CE
MKV is Halo Reach, CEA, Grey Team and was basically succeeded by NOBLE and MKVII

In the same way, we got the MKIV used by Red Team/ Halo 5 and MKIV variants used by Blue Team in Package/ FUD. Just different sub-models in the same line.

Kind of redundant why you'd opt to use technology that is outdated and inferior, but when the alternative is wearing 343-designed garbage,who could blame them for wanting something that doesn't look like the scribblings of a twelve year old?

Yea its like 343 makes a cool amror but goes lets make something on it look dumb so its not to cool. like its got a cool helmet but the armor has a dumb monster backpack on it like the atlas armor yea the back part is so ugly why 343 why that middle pat could have been taken out and it would have looked great.

MKV[A] is Halo 5, and CE

It's a preference of the person entering the Spartan Program. If they work best in that armor do you think it would be wise to give them something else? A good example is ODST, Helljumper, and Nightfall armor for former ODSTs, such as Buck. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And these armors are GEN2. Their design is dated, but they're just as capable as every other GEN2 armor.

It's a preference of the person entering the Spartan Program. If they work best in that armor do you think it would be wise to give them something else? A good example is ODST, Helljumper, and Nightfall armor for former ODSTs, such as Buck. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And these armors are GEN2. Their design is dated, but they're just as capable as every other GEN2 armor.

I suppose putting the armour of a WWII sherman onto an M1A2 Abrams would also mean it functions exactly the same because the inside technology is the same, right?

I would expect soldiers to be able to adapt to their current conditions. If they wanted to stay an ODST,don't join the Spartan Corps.

I suppose putting the armour of a WWII sherman onto an M1A2 Abrams would also mean it functions exactly the same because the inside technology is the same, right?

I would expect soldiers to be able to adapt to their current conditions. If they wanted to stay an ODST,don't join the Spartan Corps.

As far as my knowledge, nobody cares about lore when it comes to armor.

"ODST armor" is literally an aesthetic appearance that shares its looks for both ODST's and Spartan's. Since there is literally different generation variants of the armor. Why? Idk, ask 343 why Misriah Company and Cascade Stronghold Technologies would make armor that look the same, for different soldiers but operate completely different from each other.

The answer to that is simple, it's armor. It's literally for Cosmetics/Aesthetics, nothing else. 

Coming from a guy who's upset there's no lore for "Kinetic bolts", have you ever heard anyone say "Man, I'm not going to wear the Mark V armor, in the lore its shields sucks. I'd rather have an armor that's the newest and up to date."? Because for one, I sure haven't.

This is a false equivalence. Old-fashioned tank armour is built from different materials than modern armour, and it's not shaped to deflect explosions, projectiles, and concussive forces in the same way that a modern tank shell is. 

However, the ODST-inspired MJOLNIR variants are constructed with the same materials as 'standard' MJOLNIR sets, and they're about as well shaped in terms of deflecting incoming fire and forces (i.e. very poorly for the most part). More importantly, for the most part it's redundant as the armour is designed primarily in order to power and shape a personal energy shield, rather than actually get hit itself. Frankly, since they're the same materials, have the same integrated shielding technology (which is where your tank armour comparison is completely misrepresenting the situation), and are generally equal in terms of coverage and shape for ablative protection, it's essentially a matter of ergonomics rather than performance.

I never said they were the same. Only the aesthetics are to a degree. Let's say you have two easter eggs: both of them are indistinguishable from one other. However, crack them open and you find that the first contains candy while the second holds money.

A regular old GEN1 armor would not be compatible with GEN2 right out of the gate. There would need to be upgrades, and overhauls for it to work correctly. It may look the same on the outside, but it does not mean the inside is as well.

Also, for regular soldiers without much recognition, or "ties" it's likely they wouldn't have a say in what armor they received. Veterans, and the decorated? Better odds.

Finally. To "adapt" you're going to need gear that either fits with the environment, or to your specialization. EOD for Explosive Ordnance Disposal, EVA for Extra Vehicular Activity, CQC for Close Quarters Combat, HAZOP for Hazardous Operations, etc... Why would these exist if there weren't any personnel from other branches crossing over to do the same job? EOD is definitely not exclusive to Spartans of any generation.

Either the person decided to get a biological upgrade to do his job better because vanilla Humans are weak, or the job/pay changed on some level. But if you're really adamant about not upgrading no ones going to force you to become a Spartan.

As far as my knowledge, nobody cares about lore when it comes to armor.

"ODST armor" is literally an aesthetic appearance that shares its looks for both ODST's and Spartan's. Since there is literally different generation variants of the armor. Why? Idk, ask 343 why Misriah Company and Cascade Stronghold Technologies would make armor that look the same, for different soldiers but operate completely different from each other.

The answer to that is simple, it's armor. It's literally for Cosmetics/Aesthetics, nothing else. 

Coming from a guy who's upset there's no lore for "Kinetic bolts", have you ever heard anyone say "Man, I'm not going to wear the Mark V armor, in the lore its shields sucks. I'd rather have an armor that's the newest and up to date."? Because for one, I sure haven't.

But but FOTUS is for Vlad the Impaler, duh.

Srsly, why would 343 post detailed descriptions of the armor if no one cared about it? BaconShelf obviously cares, and he's definitely not a nobody. Even I like to see the backstory of the armor... no matter how ludicrous it may be. I bet there's a few lore buffs who wear armor solely because it matches some fanfiction they've created around their spartan, or because they have an affinity for a lore aspect of it: like the manufacturer.

If armor is going to exist they might as well explain it. Everything isn't explainable, but that's normal. There's no reality where FOTUS is canon.

Edited by Self Destruct

But but FOTUS is for Vlad the Impaler, duh.

Srsly, why would 343 post detailed descriptions of the armor if no one cared about it? BaconShelf obviously cares, and he's definitely not a nobody. Even I like to see the backstory of the armor... no matter how ludicrous it may be. I bet there's a few lore buffs who wear armor solely because it matches some fanfiction they've created around their spartan, or because they have an affinity for a lore aspect of it: like the manufacturer.

If armor is going to exist they might as well explain it. Everything isn't explainable, but that's normal. There's no reality where FOTUS is canon.

I've already had this discussion and lost.

FOTUS is canon, as it's in Spartan Ops.

Plus a variation of it has to exist somewhere for it to be in War Games.

I've already had this discussion and lost.

FOTUS is canon, as it's in Spartan Ops.

Plus a variation of it has to exist somewhere for it to be in War Games.

It's the Deadpool of the Halo universe. It can exist within the canon, but also through the 4th wall.

Personally, I think it's just a ghost armor that defies the word "existence", and reoccurringly haunts Andrew Del Rio in his dreams.

It's the Deadpool of the Halo universe. It can exist within the canon, but also through the 4th wall.

Personally, I think it's just a ghost armor that defies the word "existence", and reoccurringly haunts Andrew Del Rio in his dreams.

Well according to a lot of things on Waypoint, people are freaking out over weapon skins.

Since now Pizza Slices and McDonald Fries are now canon...

As far as canon goes, 343 made the mistake of making multiplayer canon. That's where all the plotholes happen, and now they're stuck having to explain everything even more in order to make it cannon. Maps, Armors, Weapon Skins, Warzone... They created more work for themselves than they intended to.

Well according to a lot of things on Waypoint, people are freaking out over weapon skins.

Since now Pizza Slices and McDonald Fries are now canon...

As far as canon goes, 343 made the mistake of making multiplayer canon. That's where all the plotholes happen, and now they're stuck having to explain everything even more in order to make it cannon. Maps, Armors, Weapon Skins, Warzone... They created more work for themselves than they intended to.

I attempted to forge an explanation around said canonization of crazy weapon skins in this thread: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/42529-lets-predict-infinitys-armory-reqs-blurred/

Additionally, during the mission... Exodus? In Reach you could find holograms or whatever showcasing advertisements for Moa Burgers, and fast food.

And I'm glad they're trying to stitch it together instead of leaving it in shambles. A massive undertaking that cannot be completed with new material always being released, but I think that's Halo's charm. It's universe is friggin huge! There's enough depth to shake a stick at Star Wars.

Cool beans. But I care more about function over form.

I'm not upset there's no lore for them. I'm upset there is lore for them; there is no feasible scenario in which promethean bullets or energy bayonets should rightfully exist as a UNSC technology.

Sorry, but I care more about internal consistency,function and logic than OMG IT LOOKS COOL!!1!! XDXDXD

Also, for regular soldiers without much recognition, or "ties" it's likely they wouldn't have a say in what armor they received. Veterans, and the decorated? Better odds.

Nope. They get to choose; Halo 4 LE has Thorne's armour requistion where he is placing a request for armour.

I bet there's a few lore buffs who wear armor solely because it matches some fanfiction they've created around their spartan, or because they have an affinity for a lore aspect of it: like the manufacturer.

Guilty.

I should probably say I'm not fully opposed to MJOLNIR MKIV-VII and ODST platforms moving to GEN2. Most, if not All of them are much more practical than nearly anything made by 343 (Stuff like Warrior, Soldier, Recruit seems prety practical within the Halo universe)

My original point wasn't that well explained so I'll try again.

Say seeker is practical in some way (Obviously a lie,but go with it). If it's being rated for combat, it's design and technology is obviously decidedly better than say, MKVI.

If the design weren't better than MKVI, why not just use MKVI and add the internal tech to the inside? You'd save a lot of time amd money that way. If the design is being used,it obviously has some kind of advantages over the previous generation, or it wouldn't be used. In real militaries, people don't choose equipment because it looks pretty,people get equipment because it is suited for purpose.

The only advantage I can see Gen1 ports having is cost, but I'd even say that's dubious.

Nope. They get to choose; Halo 4 LE has Thorne's armour requistion where he is placing a request for armour.

Oops, must'of overlooked this. Did he say something else besides Recruit? It's strange otherwise, because Recruit would be for regular old soldiers without much merit right?

Every NPC Spartan running round in Halo 4 were all wearing Recruit. The only thing that sets Thorne apart is that his armor is blue: to match Fireteam Majestic.

Oops, must'of overlooked this. Did he say something else besides Recruit? It's strange otherwise, because Recruit would be for regular old soldiers without much merit right?

Every NPC Spartan running round in Halo 4 were all wearing Recruit. The only thing that sets Thorne apart is that his armor is blue: to match Fireteam Majestic.

The war master armour mentions it's a popular choice becaus eof it's "unusual" focus on aesthetics

The HALO 4 LE poster shows armour schematics being recommended for Thorne based on his service history

There's a UNSC code regulating what colours can be applied to armour, indicating an element of choice there. I imagine a lot of teams set a theme (IE Majestic being all blue)

I put all SIVs in game being recruit down to gameplay limitations. Goblin armour is specifically mentioned by fireteam shadow (iirc) in the Requiem Campaign, but we see those guys in recruit in SO, so take that as you will.