Lets Predict... Infinity's Armory REQs (Blurred)

TDM

jan-cu-req-poster_preview-923c0a2e085045

With the Infinity's Armor update just around the corner, let's all take a moment to try and predict what all the blurred Requisitions are in the photo above!

I'll post my list, and feel free to agree / disagree with me on any item.

Armor (skins):

Two Atlas Variants

One Gungnir Variant

One Stalker Variant

Weapon (skins):

Vault Boy Colored Skins

Wolf Magnum

Boomco. Assault Rifle Blaster

Orange Flame Skins (?)

'Murica Skin

Scratched Magnum Skin

Visor:

Something that resembles Olympia Vale's visor

Stances: 

Stance 1: Holding Spartan Laser, ready to assault.

Stance 2: Holding an AR, posed as if walking into the battlefield.

Assassinations: 

Assassination 1: They try to attack you, but you counter and make them stab themselves.

Assassination 2: Something reminiscent of the classic Red vs. Blue "Grif in a headlock".

Warzone Weapons: 

Mythic Battle Rifle - Probably a Halo 2 or Halo 3 Variant

Two Carbine Variants - One acting like a Needle Rifle

Emblems: 

I have no idea. :P

Alright everyone, that's my list. 

What do you all think? Any different opinions?

Source of photo: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/infinitys-armory-preview-2

Edited by Weiss Schnee
  • Like 5

.... Okay, I'll admit it..

I think I might like Mark IV more than Mark V in Halo 5... I.. I honestly can't believe I'm saying it..

I appreciate 343 attempting to deviate with this version. MK V has been around since the beginning, and the general structure has as well. Sure, fans want the armor to be as true to the original as possible, but this leaves it stagnant. It cannot continue to evolve that way. I'll ask this question: what would've happened if Chief's MK VI armor stayed exactly the same as it did in Halo 3 going into Halo 4? Halo 2 going into Halo 3? Halo: CE going into Halo 2?

Whether or not it needs to change is up to debate, but I personally was getting sick of the original: just like the SPNKr.

Edited by Self Destruct

I appreciate 343 attempting to deviate with this version. MK V has been around since the beginning, and the general structure has as well. Sure, fans want the armor to be as true to the original as possible, but this leaves it stagnant. It cannot continue to evolve that way. I'll ask this question: what would've happened if Chief's MK VI armor stayed exactly the same as it did in Halo 3 going into Halo 4? Halo 2 going into Halo 3? Halo: CE going into Halo 2?

Whether or not it needs to change is up to debate, but I personally was getting sick of the original: just like the SPNKr.

The thing is, though, that if you're getting sick of the old armour and want something new - why not go for one of the hundreds of other armour pieces available? For a lot of players (myself included), the fact that the Mark V is in an older visual style, and that it doesn't look like any of the newer stuff, is exactly what makes it so appealing. It's like an old friend, or a well-worn shirt - not necessarily the shiniest or flashiest thing, but something which helps define your identity, and not something you'd want to be replaced or changed. So seeing the Mark V get what amounts to a fairly substantial visual update is a little... disconcerting, and seems to be just another symptom of 343i's desire to make changes seemingly for their own sake.

Also, as an aside - there's no way they're going to change it. THE REQ system, their ideology of quantity over quality, general contempt for player opinions and feedback, and the fact that modelling takes time and they seem intent on taking as lazy an approach as possible to post-launch content means they've probably already forgotten about it and started working on another set of REQ trash for you to spend real money gambling on.

The thing is, though, that if you're getting sick of the old armour and want something new - why not go for one of the hundreds of other armour pieces available? For a lot of players (myself included), the fact that the Mark V is in an older visual style, and that it doesn't look like any of the newer stuff, is exactly what makes it so appealing. It's like an old friend, or a well-worn shirt - not necessarily the shiniest or flashiest thing, but something which helps define your identity, and not something you'd want to be replaced or changed. So seeing the Mark V get what amounts to a fairly substantial visual update is a little... disconcerting, and seems to be just another symptom of 343i's desire to make changes seemingly for their own sake.

Also, as an aside - there's no way they're going to change it. THE REQ system, their ideology of quantity over quality, general contempt for player opinions and feedback, and the fact that modelling takes time and they seem intent on taking as lazy an approach as possible to post-launch content means they've probably already forgotten about it and started working on another set of REQ trash for you to spend real money gambling on.

I think I love you because you understand why I love Mark V in every other Halo game (even Reach, which made it look more feminine [at least to the best of my ability to describe it] and H4, which looked kinda awkward next to the other armors).

And honestly, my predictions for every REQ in existence is that all your needlers are belong to me, forever goblinface.

• Like 1

The thing is, though, that if you're getting sick of the old armour and want something new - why not go for one of the hundreds of other armour pieces available? For a lot of players (myself included), the fact that the Mark V is in an older visual style, and that it doesn't look like any of the newer stuff, is exactly what makes it so appealing. It's like an old friend, or a well-worn shirt - not necessarily the shiniest or flashiest thing, but something which helps define your identity, and not something you'd want to be replaced or changed. So seeing the Mark V get what amounts to a fairly substantial visual update is a little... disconcerting, and seems to be just another symptom of 343i's desire to make changes seemingly for their own sake.

Deciding what to wear is a nightmare. Artistically, armor is eye-candy, and is good reference for concepts: of which I have created ALLOT. It's natural for me to like everything out of the gate. The ugliest looking thing is brimming with potential.

However, I can say without a doubt that the Halo 5 MK V is a new favorite despite my indecision. It doesn't look dated, but isn't too far gone to be considered something else entirely: like Halo 4 Rogue compared to 3's. At that point they're only connected by name. Nothing more. Having evolved doesn't immediately make it bad though. It's a tastes thing. Personally,  the Halo 4 Rogue looks like geometry gone wild, and I love it.

There are obvious visual similarities between the two MK V versions. It's fresh, and isn't a drastic departure. It's like a descendant rather than a clone, if that's a good analogy. Does that make it bad? Well if you're a purist who prefers to have the original with you in every Halo MP it does, but it's never been that way: at least for long. Halo 3 changed the design, and it was changed again in Reach. Do we count the revamp in CEA? The jump from MK V to MK VI in Halo 2? Maybe not because it's Campaign for CEA, and MK VI is excusable due to it being an "upgrade". Still. MK V has been through multiple changes, so it's not something coming out of the blue.

Plus, there are multiple versions of the same armor lines in Halo 5. Helljumper & Nightfall? Commando & Noble? MK VI & MK VI Scarred? They didn't abandon Bungie's legacy entirely (343's vision is hella different from Bungie's, I admit). They even dropped in an OG SPNKr, Security, and MK IV (speaking of SPNKr, I have an inkling they decided to include it because of backlash despite what you may say). What could possibly come next? If the fanservice is any indication, I predict we'll be seeing allot more legacy things this year. Also, they DID import most of the Halo 4 armors into 5. Seems like a no-brainer. Is it too far fetched to think they'll just haul over the Halo 4 version into 5 as a named variant?

Spartans can do this kind of crap to each other, and people wonder why the Chief / Locke fight was so slow.

To add onto my previous comment made to RSR: They're calling the new MK V "MK V Alpha". I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a skin, but doesn't that indicate there will possibly be multiple versions of MK V? Why would they call it V Alpha instead of just MK V?

Think about it... what if they brought back MK V, and named it Beta?

Edited by Self Destruct

Spartans can do this kind of crap to each other, and people wonder why the Chief / Locke fight was so slow.

To add onto my previous comment made to RSR: They're calling the new MK V "MK V Alpha". I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a skin, but doesn't that indicate there will possibly be multiple versions of MK V? Why would they call it V Alpha instead of just MK V?

Think about it... what if they brought back MK V, and named it Beta?

The only explanation I can think of is that Chief and Locke were trying to be non lethal and when was the last time Chief or Locke did that?

Probably never, especially for Chief who could have easily killed Locke by accident. :) 

Here's everything, you guys. Warning: Images are kinda big.

ia-gallery-1_thumb-bdf84189ee764b41a068d ia-gallery-2_thumb-ac967b81a9c342c69b077ia-gallery-3_thumb-693d2db3136a4c8e94cefia-gallery-4_thumb-ef6ab92a325744d8930baia-gallery-5_thumb-1c0815f124f7471dbc99bia-gallery-6_thumb-bcfcef3bafe74cffb0c05ia-gallery-7_thumb-0d7db962f067439a8d5c7ia-gallery-8_thumb-747f4d82c29c40c29158dia-gallery-9_thumb-a97c7523f158425fa0ac9ia-gallery-10_thumb-76f2da824ec44770b8deia-gallery-11_thumb-e23ede929fa84d4a8d69ia-gallery-12_thumb-2e2d261e288a42568667ia-gallery-13_thumb-da76266fb3444356b445ia-gallery-14_thumb-d248c13af78e401bb962ia-gallery-15_thumb-c47ccb8004cf472cbcb0ia-gallery-16_thumb-5f4818b3963b436e9336ia-gallery-17_thumb-f43daace8ef440e692b0ia-gallery-18_thumb-d6756c7bea7a45f6ba32ia-gallery-19_thumb-a35a9eb1b59a47f3ae3cia-gallery-20_thumb-60ddfc3a170b4fd18cb0ia-gallery-21_thumb-c66080f8a3a4426fa765ia-gallery-22_thumb-a679be16985142e09e6bia-gallery-23_thumb-56af43de9ee7415289d9ia-gallery-24_thumb-fddcfa3284eb4c719285ia-gallery-25_thumb-944f9c5a523f4ce482edia-gallery-27_thumb-9f134473c4cb4b379764ia-gallery-28_thumb-e31502a456914386b83cia-gallery-26-28023a0fbe994e57a88c44d1ae

Rain of Oblivion: Uncommon - The Rain of Oblivion's grip has been held by a thousand heroes and a hundred villains. Upgraded Carbine with fully automatic action and extended magazine.

Blood of Suban: Rare - The genius and talent of the artisan-armorers on Suban is only matched by their newfound avarice. Advanced Carbine that fires armor-piercing Needler shards. If multiple shards quickly strike a target they will create a "supercombine" explosion.

Achilles Armor Set: Armor: Only Spartans who have mastered themselves, bound their wrath and passion within a shell of hyperdense steel fueled by starfire, are granted access to the ACHILLES. Lesser warriors will lose themselves in a storm of blood.

To receive this armor your Spartan Company must achieve Level 3 in all Kill Commendations.

Helmet: The AI that lies within the branching lattice of the ACHILLES' neural interface gnaws at the mind of its partner. No Spartan can stand alone against its urgings of unbridled excess, but through bonds of loyalty and duty they can be held at bay.

Spartan Companies must achieve Level 5 in all Kill Commendations to receive this helmet.

Halo 2 BR: The very first BR in Halo history, it IS forgeable. So if you have a Halo 2 remake map, replace them with these. :P

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 3

Some of these are pretty cool. Some are absurd though.

What a pitiful update.

Never has there been a greater post-launch addition of content in Halo history save for the addition of Forge. And it's not disc-locked either, it's all developed post-launch, not to mention FREE, so...

Some of these are pretty cool. Some are absurd though.

Never has there been a greater post-launch addition of content in Halo history save for the addition of Forge. And it's not disc-locked either, it's all developed post-launch, not to mention FREE, so...

Content that should have been in on launch isn't free DLC. Halo 5 is an early-access game being sold for full price.

If paying for dlc guaranteed a full game on launch and maps that weren't half-arsed remixes and forge maps, I woyld happily go back to the old model.

Ah well, at least all those REQ sales made a prize pool of 2 million dollars for an irrelevant tournament I couldn't care less about, amirite?

I have no problem with graphical artists and modellera making REQs. I have a problem with the way that they are touted as being TEH BEST THING EVAR!!11!!, when all they do is just clog up the pool and make the odds of getting something you want even smaller than before.

Of course, it's all irrelevant for me ultimately,,as I've uninstalled the game with no intentions of coming back either way.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

Content that should have been in on launch isn't free DLC. Halo 5 is an early-access game being sold for full price.

If paying for dlc guaranteed a full game on launch and maps that weren't half-arsed remixes and forge maps, I woyld happily go back to the old model.

Ah well, at least all those REQ sales made a prize pool of 2 million dollars for an irrelevant tournament I couldn't care less about, amirite?

I have no problem with graphical artists and modellera making REQs. I have a problem with the way that they are touted as being TEH BEST THING EVAR!!11!!, when all they do is just clog up the pool and make the odds of getting something you want even smaller than before.

Of course, it's all irrelevant for me ultimately,,as I've uninstalled the game with no intentions of coming back either way.

Extra maps and REQs are not things we have the right to expect on launch. We had more than enough REQs already and a decent number of maps. Forge is debatable, as not every Halo game has actually had it. That's like saying a game was incomplete because it did not include campaign theater, Firefight, or Spartan Ops.

Extra maps and REQs are not things we have the right to expect on launch. We had more than enough REQs already and a decent number of maps.

Remixes barely count as new maps, and forge maps don't count, nor do Warzone Assault maps count as three extra warzone maps.

You don't count the TDM, Conquest small and Rush variants of Battlefield maps as 4x the extra maps in that game, and you don't count the equivalent in Halo as a new map.

Forge is debatable, as not every Halo game has actually had it. That's like saying a game was incomplete because it did not include campaign theater, Firefight, or Spartan Ops.

And both (Spartan Ops wasn't well-recieved so I can't really count it, though I would be happy for its return) should be in. The purpose of a sequel is to expand and improve upon its predecessors, not remove content.

Halo 5 has been in development for three years,there is no excuse to launch a half-baked game with five game modes and a half-arsed campaign. There is no excuse for including forge maps as equivalent of main maps aside from the game being rushed out to meet christmas. Things that were missing at launch - Game modes, forge, BTB maps, maps that equal more than UNSC base - are staples of the franchise. Custom games are as much a staple of the franchise as the multiplayer.

But hey, at least we get ESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSESPORTSS. I'm so glad that we got a half-baked game rushed out with an obvious lack of content so that it can be drip-fed over the next year because it wasn't finished yet of a feeble attempt to keep people playing. Providing all the base content on launch would keep people playing if it was good. The only reason people didn't play Halo 4 custom games is because they were awful.

But you know what is the icing on the cake? The knowledge that spartans running around with nerf guns, pizza skins and vomit skins is canon. The multiplayer is canon which means all that is canon. Any attempt this franchise had to take itself seriously passed long ago. I'd be fine with skins if they had a shred of seriousness about them - Battlefield has hundreds of weapon and vehicle skins, but even the 'silly' ones still have an air of realism (somewhat) about them. Why are there no camouflage variant skins? Why do we get neon-green and blue skins instead of something somewhat reasonable? Halo 4 was far from a perfect game but I was able to give benefit of doubt due to the fact that 343 was understaffed and only had two years to make the game; if Halo 5, a bare-bones, microtransaction-riddled and obviously rushed game is the result of a full team, a full timescale of development and a system much more powerful than the previous one, then I'm not sure whether I want to buy Halo 6.

Of course, none of this has even scratched the surface of the abysmal campaign, the hideous-looking armour selection or the cringeworthy advertisments 343 constantly pumps out under the delusion people find them funny, nor the outright lies produced in the pre-launch marketing.

Sorry, but I have little and less to like about Halo 5. The soundtrack was good and forge is amazing, but you don't play shooters for the soundtrack and forge is nigh-on useless without custom game options. The campaign length was a lie, the story was abysmal, the gunplay is standard-fare halo (Subjective, of course,but Halo gameplay has never particualrly thrilled me) and the variety is non-existent. For a multiplater appeal to me, I need motivation other than grinding for useless cosmetics and warzone weapons to keep me playing. A fun game with a number of options of playstyle that doesn't leave me wondering why I'm not playing prior entries comes to mind.

You like Halo 5: great. Don't let me stop you. For me, it's another symptom of a cancerous practice in AAA games in recent years of releasing games unfinished and adding in the content later - Destiny, Battlefront (2015) and Halo 5 being three noteworthy examples. If I wanted to play early access games, I'd buy them on steam, at least then they're not full-price releases. If I pay £50, I expect £50 worth of content, and enough to rival prior entries on launch.

Of course, the age-old argument of "If you don't like it then leave" will come up at some point so let me stop you there. I've already uninstalled and sold the game with zero intentions of coming back. I'll buy Halo wars 2 because I know that Creative Assembly has a good reputation for their RTS games, but I won't be buying Halo 6 at all if it doesn't meet standards set by prior games in the series and myself.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

You're forgetting the rift that would form between people who do have the DLC, and people who don't. Why do you think they went with this strategy anyhow?

They're using REQs to alleviate the funds needed to make post-launch content, and you're making it out to be a bad thing. It's just cosmetic, Warzone, and SR XP related stuff, right? You can get all of that without paying a cent.