New Halo Novels

I've finished Glasslands and Cryptum, and I gotta say, some of the best books I've read. Can't wait until January. If it wasn't for the books, Halo wouldn't have HALF the story it has now. I'm so glad that the books are keeping pace with the games and are not simply standalones, like Halo: Evolutions, which was good too. I'm just dissappointed that my favorite Halo blog Ascendent Justice shut down. With all this new information, I was anxious to read one of their insightful articles, but sadly they work for 343 Industries now. :( But its for the best I suppose. Halo: Primordium 1/3/12

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see a follow up to the 3 book series written by Eric S.Nylund. He did the events before, on and after Halo CE in "The Fall of Reach", "The Flood" and "First Strike". But I would love to see him write the events of Halo 2, The events prior to Halo 3 and The events during Halo 3. He wrote the first 3 so well and they are a great read. It would be nice to be able to read more.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a follow up to the 3 book series written by Eric S.Nylund. He did the events before, on and after Halo CE in "The Fall of Reach", "The Flood" and "First Strike". But I would love to see him write the events of Halo 2, The events prior to Halo 3 and The events during Halo 3. He wrote the first 3 so well and they are a great read. It would be nice to be able to read more.

Actually, The flood, which was the novel version of Halo 1, was written by someone else, and was terrible. It is best not to write during a game, it is boring. And if they write what happens AFTER halo 3, it eliminates possiblities for halos 4-6

• Like 1

KAREN TRAVISS?!!?!?!?!?

OH my good god... HELL TO THE YEAH! -tear forms in left eye-

The Forerunner Saga:

Book one: Cryptum

Halo Books:

Halo: Contact Harvest

Halo: The Cole Protocol

Halo: Fall of Reach

Halo: The Flood

Halo: First Strike

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx

Halo: Grasslands

Feels like somethings missing

I read Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx. Are Cole Protocol and Contact Harvest worth reading? They don't even continue the story line, do they?

Look great can't wait. I loved her Gear of War and Star Wars novels.

How does one write a novel about Gears of War? It doesn't have a story.

Its just "Oh NO THERE ARE BAD guys! SHOOT DEM MARCUS PHoeNIX!!! DDUURURRRR! Oh NO! THere are.... BIGGER BAD GUYS!!! OOhh nooO!!! BETTER SHOOT DEM!!! DURRRR!!!"

yeah, thats it.

How does one write a novel about Gears of War? It doesn't have a story.

Its just "Oh NO THERE ARE BAD guys! SHOOT DEM MARCUS PHoeNIX!!! DDUURURRRR! Oh NO! THere are.... BIGGER BAD GUYS!!! OOhh nooO!!! BETTER SHOOT DEM!!! DURRRR!!!"

yeah, thats it.

It does have a story but you obviously don't pay attention

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Actually, The flood, which was the novel version of Halo 1, was written by someone else, and was terrible. It is best not to write during a game, it is boring. And if they write what happens AFTER halo 3, it eliminates possiblities for halos 4-6

I have to disagree withu there Fire, i thought the Flood was an excellent book, and allowed people to re-enjoy the story via novel than a game.