What I said about halo 5

Mega_Voltz

I know that in the coming months of halo 5 I spoke strongly against and how 343 will mess it up again. Turns out I was right XD. Halo 5 is a heap of crap. Staring micro-transactions. The sales of halo are at an all time low. I thinks it's time for Microsoft to throw in the towel and try find another game to milk till no-one cares

Might want to get your facts straight buddy, sales are through the roof: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/ 

You might want to read the fine print, Xbox One sales were included with that statistic. Halo 5 Guardians is the worst selling main series Halo title. Only around 1 million copies were actually sold.

• Like 1

You might want to read the fine print, Xbox One sales were included with that statistic. Halo 5 Guardians is the worst selling main series Halo title. Only around 1 million copies were actually sold.

Those sales numbers include the price of consoles or game bundles which included Halo 5. That is the number that Microsoft cares about. They made a hell of a lot of money on Halo 5, not really on the game, but on the merchandising. 

Those sales numbers include the price of consoles or game bundles which included Halo 5. That is the number that Microsoft cares about. They made a hell of a lot of money on Halo 5, not really on the game, but on the merchandising. 

Yes, but after some delving, it was found that only 1.3M (iirc) units were sold. That's down 6 million from Halo 4.

Here is a bit from an article I read that should set the record straight. :)

"Halo 5 launched on October 27, 2015, and its first week of sales ended on October 31, 2015. In that week, it sold globally 1,457,849 physical copies according to VGChartz numbers. These numbers also included Limited Collector’s Editions and Halo 5 Xbox One bundles sold. In its first week with even less Xbox 360 consoles out in the market than Xbox Ones in the same time period, Halo 3 sold 3,811,047 physical copies. Halo 3: ODST sold 2,214,132 physical copies in its first week, and it was just a spinoff. The first week for Halo: Reach saw 3,698,137 physical copies sold. Halo 4 also sold 3,662,557 physical copies in its first week. While these are just physical copies sold, and digital has been on the rise, digital copies probably only add another 20%-30% to Halo 5‘s sales. This means the game still sold less than half of all the other main entries in the Halo franchise since Halo 3."

So are the Halo 5 sales through the roof? Not really.

Microsoft are just after the rewards and expecting fans to buy the games just because it is Halo.  It is not a case of Microsoft giving up, it is a case of the game developers remembering what Halo is.  There are countless stories out there, and potential for great games in the Halo series.
I wrote a post about Halo ODST, maybe it is time for a break for Halo, until some one comes up with an idea that is Halo, and start some thing different with in the Halo Universe.  My idea is a great start.  But, there are other options, such as, we have not had a Space Combat game yet, Sabre Squads Vs Sabre Squads or Covenant Vs UNSC Starship Battles.  Just thoughts.
Halo is not done yet, it is just the game developers that are done.

• Like 1

"Halo 5 launched on October 27, 2015, and its first week of sales ended on October 31, 2015. In that week, it sold globally 1,457,849 physical copies according to VGChartz numbers. These numbers also included Limited Collector’s Editions and Halo 5 Xbox One bundles sold. In its first week with even less Xbox 360 consoles out in the market than Xbox Ones in the same time period, Halo 3 sold 3,811,047 physical copies. Halo 3: ODST sold 2,214,132 physical copies in its first week, and it was just a spinoff. The first week for Halo: Reach saw 3,698,137 physical copies sold. Halo 4 also sold 3,662,557 physical copies in its first week. While these are just physical copies sold, and digital has been on the rise, digital copies probably only add another 20%-30% to Halo 5‘s sales. This means the game still sold less than half of all the other main entries in the Halo franchise since Halo 3."

Can you provide a source for that quote?

"digital copies probably only add another 20%-30% to Halo 5‘s sales."

assumptions assumptions assumptions... With MS promoting didgital sales more and more we could also assume that these digital sale could "probably" add 50% for all we know.

Also doing some research on VGChartz where Halofollower got his numbers from made clear that really no one other than some news sites trust their numbers. They're infamous for relegating their site out to third-parties and pulling numbers out of thin air only to edit them to the 'correct' amount when other numbers pop-up somewhere else.

More or less 343 has been killing its community. Civil wars on halowaypoint use to be about dmr vs br. Now everytime I go on there, its bungee vs 343i. Players are calling 343i a sell out due to the requisition pack. To top it off there isn't hardly anyone on the mmcc.Some players have gone back to reach while others have given up on the series. In the past 2 games there have not been player count on playlist. It takes some of my friends an average of 22 mins to play halo 3 matches. Some won't touch halo 5 for reasons like aim acceleration, random armor, bad teammates (Christmas delivers noobs) and server issues/threats. The game would have been bigger if it was an exclusive game that launched Xbox one a few years back. In short it felt like once halo 5 came out, they stopped caring about any of the other titles.

There was no grifball, infection or even bomb assault. For new players it was hard to follow the story and for us who knew, we still wanted to kill the didact. There's been no mention about the Janis key, capt cutter, the dorment flood on the halo rings or even Spartans team majestic. They brought buck back but Romeo who also takes up juns offer is never mentioned. You have to go out of your way to read the lore. And it doesn't feel like you really know blue team unless you read books, comic or movies. Reach introduced its Spartans better.

To top it off were that adds that made you feel like chief was evil. The commercials that built up a fake death. Oni acting like he was going to be put down. Yet we got a cutscene. A whole 3 mins of stand down petty officer, Osiris just standing there and all chief did was go AWOL. Recycle warden fights were the biggest obstacle of the game.

Guess the real question is of what percent were the hard copies got returned?