My thoughts on Halo 5, after thorough gameplay.

Archangel Tyrael

After thorough gameplay. SR 91 and Onyx in Free for all, Team slayer, and SWAT. Here are some issues I have ran into.

1.) In Team Slayer/SWAT I have found the spawns to be atrocious. Why is it I spawn in the same area, and be spawn killed consectively. Not to mention after you kill an enemy they can spawn behind you. Another annoyance.

2.) The grenades, need one of two things done to balance arena matchmaking. Either, decrease starting capacity to 1, or nerf the splash damage. Grenade spam is quite annoying, worse than reach.

3.) What is the point of motion tracker when someone is sprinting/spartan charging has already killed you (caught you way off guard)? Increase the range to 25m and it's perfect. Will give ample time to react.

4.) There should be a veto option for maps and ect.

5.) Add BR start Slayer variants. I hate starting with AR/pistol.

Those are the problems, I have encountered and lately, I haven't been excited to play Arena for those reasons. I been playing Warzone much more, spawns seem a bit more coordinated there. Albeit, it can be crazy sometimes.. but the gameplay makes up for it. This isn't a 'rant' but more of a greivance, that should be fixed.

• Like 2

I agree with you on spawns, they are terrible.

All the other points you brought up are more preferences than actual issues, most of these points pop-up on Waypoint daily and have been discussed to death. Also343i has given explaination on how and why they did point 3 to 5 and they do no plan on changing these.

I agree with a lot of this - while I haven't played SWAT and thus can't comment on it, it feels like Halo 5 is shaping up to be the worst game in the series since Combat Evolved in terms of grenade spam - even with thrusters and fast reactions, it feels nearly impossible to dodge grenades, given the utterly ridiculous blast radius and splash damage. Something I really loved about Halo 3 was how much skill there was to be had with 'nades - if your throwing was poor, you'd do very little damage, but because they were so predictable and reliable in the way they bounced and detonated, a talented player could pin a frag on another player's forehead from around a corner and guarantee maximum damage. There's none of that finesse now - just lob 'em and forget 'em.

The motion tracker thing particularly gets me, though. As it is right now, I'd honestly prefer it just be turned off, instead of this 18m nonsense. Coming from the campaign, where the range is 40m (as it was in Halo 4), I honestly find it to be far more confusing than actually helpful - I often see an enemy on the edge and switch out to my pistol for a mid-range encounter, only to discover that I'm being melee'd to death by them a moment later. Players move so fast that there's almost no point to it at all, and this is definitely something where the pro team has shown that it's a bad idea to balance the game around tournament play, as I feel like they probably insisted that it's a nooby tactic which should be removed, and so ultimately they hit a compromise with the dev team who wanted to keep it in about how it should be nerfed. The result is something that nobody likes, and which actively hurts play more often than not. Make it 40m to match the campaign or get rid of it, I don't care which, but stop misleading me.

Think the only thing I disagree with is BR starts. The BR was an okay spawning weapon in Halo 3 because of the wide spread and travel time - but in every other appearance, it just ruins map movement completely and turns games into long, drawn-out poke-fests with both teams hanging back in power positions rather than pushing out. The Pistol is already more than adequate as a mid-range skill-based weapon, so I don't really see the need to get rid of that.

• Like 1