Halo 5: Guardians Cartographer's Gift December Update Discussion

Drizzy_Dan

IGN recently released a very exciting teaser video for the December update and I just wanted to bring some notables to the table like I usually do.

First off, the city-scape Warzone map coming. It's so in-your-face. In, fact almost all the footage from this teaser trailer is from that map and I can't wait for a new Warzone map. I think it's a must.

Next up: SMG with Recon Sight spotted at 00:13! So not only are new weapons coming, but some new attachments. This is pretty pointless in my opinion but it's a notable find.

It seems the Covenant will be inhabiting the bases in the city Warzone map. You can see an Elite if you full-screen at 00:15.

New bosses! Duelist Hunter spotted at 00:19!

It seems the Warden remains to be the final boss on Warzone unfortunately.

Mk. IV and other new armors make appearances. 

Return of the SPNKR Rocket Launcher. It's color scheme has changed, red has been added to it I guess to show Legendary status?

Glimpse of what looks to be a new BTB map at 00:43 albeit just the beginning sequence. We get a second look at 1:01.

FORGE IS HERE.

Please list anything else you feel was noteworthy or interesting. Who's excited for the December update and some new content!?

• Like 3

I think the SPNKR Rocket Launcher color scheme changes depending on which team is holding it... Seeing as it was red in the hands of a red, but that's my guess.

We also knew about the city map in one of the pre-release videos, they just decided now is the time to release it. 

Also, there are more maps than City, Overgrowth, and the BTB map. We just don't get to see them, because you know... It's a teaser.

SMG with recon sight? What the hell makes it different from the regular SMG?

I don't think Duelist Hunter's are new bosses. I think they're just literally different names for them as they are on all the other maps. Stormbreak has Serpent, Escape from A.R.C. has Remnant, and Apex 7 has Hunter Elder's... They're not really much different from each other besides location. They're just regular Hunter's.

And that's not a new BTB map as much as it looks like Overgrowth. However, there are new BTB maps as well.. Like Burial Mounds and Avalanche... Maybe?

I think that the red Rocket thingo will be its own thing, as in...Different variants. Such as Corps, ONI, normal etc etc. I don't know, to me that makes sense. 

Thanks for the video Drizzy! 

EDIT: Apparently this was just shown, as I typed this. 

Credit to Edward Kenway over Facebook for these images! :3 

post-33646-0-96363400-1449294268_thumb.jpg

post-33646-0-25932400-1449294954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Halo6 Follower
  • Like 1

This is just great, I could play for a long time on what we already have, and now we get even more. This game is a huge breakthrough with Halo and I think with the constant updates could even move this game to become one of the best Halo games if it isn't already.

Nice find Drizzy.

• Like 1

IGN recently released a very exciting teaser video for the December update and I just wanted to bring some notables to the table like I usually do.

First off, the city-scape Warzone map coming. It's so in-your-face. In, fact almost all the footage from this teaser trailer is from that map and I can't wait for a new Warzone map. I think it's a must.

Next up: SMG with Recon Sight spotted at 00:13! So not only are new weapons coming, but some new attachments. This is pretty pointless in my opinion but it's a notable find.

It seems the Covenant will be inhabiting the bases in the city Warzone map. You can see an Elite if you full-screen at 00:15.

New bosses! Duelist Hunter spotted at 00:19!

It seems the Warden remains to be the final boss on Warzone unfortunately.

Mk. IV and other new armors make appearances. 

Return of the SPNKR Rocket Launcher. It's color scheme has changed, red has been added to it I guess to show Legendary status?

Glimpse of what looks to be a new BTB map at 00:43 albeit just the beginning sequence. We get a second look at 1:01.

FORGE IS HERE.

Please list anything else you feel was noteworthy or interesting. Who's excited for the December update and some new content!?

Why are you calling this a gift if it was supposed to a primary part of the game anyway? Are you releasing these games too soon. if so why? Secondly why is there as much as as there is if multiplayer is run on dedicated servers?  

The constant release of new content keeps the game fresh, and will extend the life of the game. The game is just fine as is, but new maps and reqs is just more fun.

With forge, they could have put it in at launch but it wouldn't have had everything that it does now, and I think 343 wanted to make sure the launch was smooth before adding something that big into the game, this is the largest forge yet.

• Like 1

The constant release of new content keeps the game fresh, and will extend the life of the game. The game is just fine as is, but new maps and reqs is just more fun.

With forge, they could have put it in at launch but it wouldn't have had everything that it does now, and I think 343 wanted to make sure the launch was smooth before adding something that big into the game, this is the largest forge yet.

That doesnt help explained why one of most anticipated part of the game itself was left out of the launch. It's classic gaming now-a-days. Throw out the game before its finished. I'd rather receive something polished and complete not rush like every other game after halo 2. Do you atleast understand my frustration.

Forge was far from the most inticipated part of the game, multiplayer and the campaign was.

Forge wasn't even announced till like a week before launch so I can't see where you are coming from here. I do understand that you don't want a rushed game, but for once I don't think this is rushed, launch was smooth, it has all we need and the additions we want are coming to us every month in the form of free DLC rather than paying for it like in past games, @@WIll Mesler

Forge was far from the most inticipated part of the game, multiplayer and the campaign was.

Forge wasn't even announced till like a week before launch so I can't see where you are coming from here. I do understand that you don't want a rushed game, but for once I don't think this is rushed, launch was smooth, it has all we need and the additions we want are coming to us every month in the form of free DLC rather than paying for it like in past games, @@WIll Mesler

Actually there is an argument to be made about Forge being the most anticipated feature.

Firstly its expands the game's lifespan by years.

Secondly for those too cheap to buy a PC or don't know about Minecraft it allows people to build stuff.

Alright, I'm making a bad argument but my point is a lot of people are or were looking forward to Forge and I'm sure for some its the most anticipated feature. If I owned Halo 5 it would surely be mine, playing crazy Halo Reach custom games and maps were some of my best gaming memories. :)

Actually there is an argument to be made about Forge being the most anticipated feature.

Firstly its expands the game's lifespan by years.

Secondly for those too cheap to buy a PC or don't know about Minecraft it allows people to build stuff.

Alright, I'm making a bad argument but my point is a lot of people are or were looking forward to Forge and I'm sure for some its the most anticipated feature. If I owned Halo 5 it would surely be mine, playing crazy Halo Reach custom games and maps were some of my best gaming memories. :)

Don't get me wrong I know people wanted forge, but it was not the most anticipated part, it physically couldn't be as it wasn't announced till the last minute.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong I know people wanted forge, but it was not the most anticipated part, it physically couldn't be as it wasn't announced till the last minute.

Just because its not announced does not mean people were not looking forward to it.

Halo 2 Anniversary's Forge was a sign of good things to come and after the Forge video did come out finally. I'm sure it was somebodies most anticipated feature. :)

As I said before, if I owned an Xbox One and Halo 5, it would be mine.

Edited by JXZAW

i was very excited for this until i realized i couldn't forge offline. great idea there fellas great. 1.5 mil copies compared to 3.3+ last time around and now it's being stripped further to promote xboxlive. not wise. at least maybe the christmas rush will know that you can do NOTHING offline before they buy it. unlike mooks like me who've allways bought on release. Well that won't happen again.

i was very excited for this until i realized i couldn't forge offline. great idea there fellas great. 1.5 mil copies compared to 3.3+ last time around and now it's being stripped further to promote xboxlive. not wise. at least maybe the christmas rush will know that you can do NOTHING offline before they buy it. unlike mooks like me who've allways bought on release. Well that won't happen again.

Yep, it's called research.

Also, it's only online because of the dedicated servers. So you don't lag out and you don't lose your progress.

More of a safety belt than a promotion.

Yep, it's called research.

Also, it's only online because of the dedicated servers. So you don't lag out and you don't lose your progress.

More of a safety belt than a promotion.

1 there was 0 mention of FORGE not MM offline prior to release. if you can show proof there was i'd love to see what obscure source provided that information.

2 why would some one playing offline need a server keep track of thier progress. that response makes NO sense. I never lost my reach or H4 maps do to the lack of a dedicated server. again your response is ridiculous.

why would some one playing offline need a server keep track of thier progress. that response makes NO sense. I never lost my reach or H4 maps do to the lack of a dedicated server. again your response is ridiculous.

Good for you. Plenty of us, however, did. Whether due to forgetting to save, power failures, or just the game glitching out, almost all Forgers I know have lost a map or progress at one point or another, so for those affected the introduction of dedicated servers to record Forge maps is a very welcome safety net.

Just because its not announced does not mean people were not looking forward to it.

Halo 2 Anniversary's Forge was a sign of good things to come and after the Forge video did come out finally. I'm sure it was somebodies most anticipated feature. :)

As I said before, if I owned an Xbox One and Halo 5, it would be mine.

Like I said that forge video came out just before launch.

By your example people don't need to see it announced to be excited for forge right? Well then it still wouldn't be its most anticipated feature, because people would think that it's like normal forge, or even maybe just a little bit better then H2A.

Before the actual announcement of forge, no one knew what forge was going to look like. So unless you have evidence that shows the forge in halo 3, Reach or 4 was the most anticipated feature I think you are out of luck.

Like I said that forge video came out just before launch.

By your example people don't need to see it announced to be excited for forge right? Well then it still wouldn't be its most anticipated feature, because people would think that it's like normal forge, or even maybe just a little bit better then H2A.

Before the actual announcement of forge, no one knew what forge was going to look like. So unless you have evidence that shows the forge in halo 3, Reach or 4 was the most anticipated feature I think you are out of luck.

I'll admit I don't really have any strong points and just posted because I wanted to defend Forge for whatever reason.

But I'm not going down without a fight! :)

You don't need to announce something for people to be excited, announcing it just excites people more. By the way what evidence do you have that is actually wasn't?

I'm sure some dedicated Forgers before launch were anticipating it.

You mean the evidence of the entire community getting worried because it wasn't announced?

Regardless you said you don't have an argument so I think we are done here.

Yes I do, I also said I don't really but I sort of do.

Aww screw you won whatever, I just hate to back down admit defeat. Well played Yoshi! :)

• Like 1