Award/Ribbon and Medal System

SilentCO1

I've been playing Gears 3 a lot lately, and thinking about Halo 4. Since there weren't many things to brag about in Halo: Reach other than K/D, which wasn't even a good stat to base skill on (Unless it's really high or really low), and they had like the Onyx medals and stuff, but you didn't get awarded for them in any way. So here's where I think they should follow Gears 3 in making a full system, and if they keep ranks instead of levels, it will work well in showing some skill without even stepping foot into the game.

There would be Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Onyx Medals. Unlocking the medals would give you extra exp/credits towards your level, and possibly something else such as something in the armory (If they have multiplayer voices, it could be things such as that or a piece of armor). Not just that, you could select which medal you want, and at each tier for each medal, it would have a different "title". Medals could be like 100 kills with the AR, 50 kills with a Magnum, 25 grenade kills, 100 assists (These are all bronze medal examples). The medals would take time to earn, and like in Gears 3, earning all Onyx Medals will earn you something special, not sure what, but I think this would make Multiplayer funner and more interactable. If you don't want this, you don't have to select a medal, but you'll get extra exp for getting medals.

I agree, this is part of an OP I created a while back:

3) Once a player achieves the highest possible rank give another incentive such as special armors or military style awards such as a Silver Star or Medal of Honor that could be see in miniature next to the gamer tag or actual rank. These would be extremely hard to unlock and available to only the best players, give them there due.

• Like 1