**Important** HALO 5 BUG

ReconSwordsman7

So I was playing Sword of Sanghelios Campaign Mission and found out that once I got to the part of the mission just before receiving the Mantis's, every time I died instead of just restarting the checkpoint, it would force quit THE ENTIRE GAME. Which means I'm back at home menu and I have to restart halo 5. Then when I try and load my checkpoint from the title screen, it kicks me out of the game again.

So I was playing Sword of Sanghelios Campaign Mission and found out that once I got to the part of the mission just before receiving the Mantis's, every time I died instead of just restarting the checkpoint, it would force quit THE ENTIRE GAME. Which means I'm back at home menu and I have to restart halo 5. Then when I try and load my checkpoint from the title screen, it kicks me out of the game again.

I created this account only to report that I have the very same issue, players to 343: please fix this!

I created this account only to report that I have the very same issue, players to 343: please fix this!

I again created this account to echo all of the previous comments. I cannot load a saved game made AFTER the update. I've tried restarting a mission and that works fine until I die then I get booted back to the xbox dashboard. When I die in a mission it does not reload to the last saved checkpoint, it just quits out of the game entirely. Solo Campaign is the only thing where this has happened. Everything worked fine before the update. 343, please address this soon!

Quoting from another forum but it describes exactly what's happening to me, and it seems to large number of other people going by various forums. Come 343 get it sorted.

"I downloaded the 6gb update today (11/18). Initially it let me resume my campaign (I'm on Mission 15 Guardians in Legendary). Now when I try to resume from my last checkpoint it begins load does the deployment countdown goes to a black screen and the white loading symbol in the left corner and then exits the game and goes to the Xbox dashboard. If I try to replay from a previous saved checkpoint it will let me play but if I advance close to my previous highest checkpoint and die, it also exits the game and goes to the Xbox dashboard. This is more than a little frustrating having played nearly the entire campaign in legendary and now unable to complete because of a bug. I have restarted my Xbox. I have "quit" the game from the dashboard. Neither corrected the problem. Any advice much appreciated."

It may be a bug that needs a patch but in case it's just happening randomly then:

1. Hard reset your console 
  2. Restart the Mission
  3. Uninstall and reinstall Halo 5
  4. Contact 343 Industries (Halo Waypoint) or Microsoft Support Chat if none of the above work

It may be a bug that needs a patch but in case it's just happening randomly then:

1. Hard reset your console 
  2. Restart the Mission
  3. Uninstall and reinstall Halo 5
  4. Contact 343 Industries (Halo Waypoint) or Microsoft Support Chat if none of the above work

Reinstall Halo 5?? i have digital version and it took several days to download it because of the slow download rate issue for this..... thanks, we hope 343 have a look into the forums as this are the official ones for the game, and we expect at least an answer from them

Erased profile and re-installed,as suggested on another forum.Then started mission from beginning ,which was a bit of a pisser as was right towards the end,and seems to have worked.

Saved the checkpoints a couple of times,signed out and signed back in and have been able to continue from Resume and checkpoint saves. Here's hoping all remains good.

I'm having the exact same problem. I've played this mission at least 7 times and Im soloing on Legendary. To say I'm getting pissed off is an understatement. Fix this now.

Actually, let me correct that... I'm playing Enemy Lines mission. I've gotten to the kracken but every time I die, I'm starting over way far back. Talk about sucking out all the fun. Now I can't even get my save to load

Reinstall Halo 5?? i have digital version and it took several days to download it because of the slow download rate issue for this..... thanks, we hope 343 have a look into the forums as this are the official ones for the game, and we expect at least an answer from them

This isn't the official site. Halo Waypoint is.