What is your favourite *RETRO* game console(s) & game(s)

Just_A_Druid

With the sweet game releases for  the next gen consoles such as Ps4 and Xbox One, it has made me realize how far games and these consoles have really come. I mean there are some real retro classics out there that revolutionized the gaming industy. I may have missed out on the original hype for those good ol consoles/games, but when my first game system I played was the Gameboy Advance SP- Crash Bandicoot! Although that was my introduction, I quickly fell in love with Mario 64 on the N64. With that being said what did you start your video game career on? Favourite game? Favourite console? Cheers guys!

-Druid

• Like 3

What did I start with? A Master System 2, which I got in what I think was between 1992 and 1994, followed by a Mega Drive 2 at around the same time. However, I actually started playing earlier than that - some family friends who we used to visit quite regularly had a son who was a few years older than me who had the same consoles, and so it's quite possible that the first time I played a video game I was less than a year old!

My favourite console that I've ever owned though was probably my 360, which is just a fantastic piece of hardware and into which I've sunken far too many thousands of hours. I don't really know if I can pick a favourite individual game - I mean, genres are a thing, for a start - but if I were to go with something I could basically just replay over and over for the rest of my life, it would probably be either Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2.

• Like 1