Banhammer Issues

FineDig

I've had 2 issues now with the "Banhammer" that are absolute crap and are blocking me from playing the game and service that I paid money for.

My last game I had a player on my team shooting me and our other teammates just enough to bring our shields down but not kill them (the player was "Haunted Canada"). This was a repeated action he was doing since the second the game started. Knowing about the "Banhammer" and just wanting to play the game, I did not shoot back but just played with him ruining it for me and my other teammates. I spawned and started running down a hallway and was being shot from behind. I turned around and threw a grenade immediately out of instinct thinking an opponent was behind me, trying to get away. Well it turn out it was this "teammate" just shooting me to get my shields down until I would eventually run into a real opponent and have no chance to put up a fight without any shields. My grenade killed him, and now I'm banned from Halo for the next 5 hours. This goes without saying this is a broken system. I had just started playing Halo for the night and now I won't be able to for the rest of the night. This is a game and service I paid money for which is now denying me service. I understand the logic behind it, but it's not working as it should. This really just makes me want to stop playing Halo if I can't play it anyways and have others ruining the game, which I then get penalized for.

If you see the played "Haunted Canada", you might as well just quit the game. At least that way you won't end up getting banned for such a long time and can play a real game.... I think the penalty for quitting is less than accidentally "betraying".

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language.

The system is fine, you were just unluckily paired against some tool. Happened to me in SWAT, nothing can be done about it in game. I mean strictly in game, open their Xbox Profile and report them. When enough reports are sent on a player, (doesn't have to be many either), punishment will be applied to the player.

I have a hard time believing that you got banned 5 hours for teamkilling just once.

Usually any first ban is surely less than 30 minutes, 5 hour bans happen after repeated misconduct.

Hm, sounds like you don't understand the ban timer either.

The timer is 5 minutes, not 5 hours. You should've been able to play after 5 minutes.

Only reason I know this is because one of our mods thought he was banned from being disconnected, said he wasn't able to play for 45 minutes. The timer said 45, of course. It was actually just 45 seconds left of his 2 minute ban.

If anything, check again every 5 minutes to see if it's going down in minutes or seconds. Seeing as how the game is very unspecific and broken in a lot of aspects, that'll surely help you with your future troubles. And these "Inappropriate huge bans."

FYI, if your ban was actually 5 hours. That might have been a decision on past experience, especially if many people have reported you for team betrayal/unsporting conduct.

It wasn't a 5 minute ban.  I tried again after more than 5 minutes.  It doesn't tell me the updated timer at that point, it just keeps giving messages about "Unable to find players" and "Unable to connect to lobby", etc.  It only shows the ban message once, and it displays a time, not a number of minutes.

I have had this happen once before when I accidentally betrayed a teammate.  Other than that, I've never betrayed a teammate or had any unsportsman like conduct and never disconnected... my internet works well.  I just try to play the game.

I am saying the system is broken because it allows for opportunities like this.  I'm just a regular person trying to play a game and service I pay money for and it allows people to cheat the system like this and get valid players banned from playing the game.  There is no way for me to report this player within XBOX now, no way for me to contact 343i... nothing.  I'm just banned for trying to legitimately play the game I paid for.  This just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth and is a terrible experience for Halo, 343i, and XBOX Live and is deterring good/valid players from playing, and then wanting to play after things like this happen.

• 2 months later...

I got a 3 hour ban for my internet disconnecting, then I left one game, as it wasn't fun at 21-3 with 2 players not playing. I then got a 9 hour ban 24 hrs later for a single quit at 20-4, and I had 8 deaths. I was having a bad warm up game. Granted I was frustrated, but it wasn't fun! So I quit. I pay for the Xbox One, the game and Xbox live! That's a lot of cash. Who made 343 God. I will be ringing Xbox live to get my money back tomorrow on the Live. I will also be looking at the denial of service part of the contract. I don't believe I can purchase a game and a service, for it then to be denied from me, without recourse. I will be seeking advice from Microsoft and then putting in a small claims court case. It's cheap and takes less than the ban time.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i was playing a match and i left one match well because it was one of the worse matches i've ever played so i continued to play a few more matches and after that and my last match ended my team won then out of nowhere i had the ban hammer hit me and it said i left too many matches didn't even leave the match i was in where is the logic in this?