I'm interested in how those 'naughty' people are manipulating matchmaking to influence The gametype/map. The message appears 'map load failure', the old way of doing this does not work, I have tried it personally. Is this some new form of undetectable manipulations?

Manipulation occurs by the offender being host. Because other Xbox's connect to the host, the host is tasked with syncing and distributing a majority if not all, game data in real time to all clients. All it takes is a network side loading app, to "capture" or "hold" packets of data from the clients, which in turn ends up looking like REAL bad lag on your end. Have you ever seen a guy dash at you like 3 times the lunge distance of a standard melee? Or walk over the bomb in grifball and hit the button to pick it up, then you get about 3 feet away from the bomb, then it magically end up being picked up by you?

These are a couple examples of how holding packet data from clients causes lag and the results.

Another good example would be what happened to me the other night. I was in a CTF Rockets match, and I ran up behind a guy and held melee for assassination. Instead of an assassination, a melee was thrown. To top it off he kept moving and I whacked him a good more 3 times and his shields never dropped or triggered an animation. Then magically I appeard 10 feet from him and directly into the line of fire from a jetpacking friend with a rocket. I was not too happy about this. Top it off, i then started to pay attention to whom was the first player in the scorebox. The first player and the rest of that members team will appear on top to show who is host. Needless to say, that person was the only one during the whole match who's connection status ws not a single red bar.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey. I've been having some trouble with the DLC lately. Here's what I'm struggling with.

Every time I go to play Premium Slayer, it says I dont have the required map packs. I bought both noble and defiant when they were on sale for 50% off. I have them on the xbox hard drive. I've tried deleting them off, then downloading again, I've tried downloading from my comp to the xbox. Nothing I do seems to work. So I brought this here hopefully to find an answer. I much appreciate any answer about this.

To start off, I need to know if these maps were purchased on a different Xbox console or gamertag. If it was a console different from the one you have now, there is your problem. When you download certain types of content to a console, it is provisioned for that console only. That is why when switching consoles it is important to log into xbox.com and trnasfer content licenses to the new console.

If the maps were downloaded on a different gamertag this will also cause issues. Gamertags are like consoles, in that the content can only be played when using that specific gamertag or if the gamertag is in lobby/party with other gamerstags.

If non of these issues are specific to your problem, unfortunatly the only thing I can think of additional s that you may have replaced the HDD or have a corrupted data file or two on the HDD, resulting in the game not properly recognizing the content. I would suggest contacting Microsoft directly if none of the things I described applies to you. they will be able to resolve it for you with much higher success than I could.

• Like 1

Both map packs were bought on the computer with my xbox live account. I'm the only person who has xbox live on our console. My brother has a profile, but no xbox live. I've tried downloading them from the console (on my xbox live) aswell. I used to be able to play on them until the november update I think.

Ahhhh you may have fallen prey to a small bug in the update then. best advice is to call Microsoft ASAP and report it. Bugs such as these only surface with a handfull of thousands around the world. Looks like you are just one of the small statics that get to enjoy a bug here and there. But please do contact them about it.

Good evening/ morning, whichever it may be for you. I have an issue with my campaign progress after the resent title update. All of my campaign process was deleted and to unluck all of the missions it wants me to basically repeat the entire campaign. Please let me know if this is the right place to get this sorted out. Thank you very much for your time and have a Happy New Years.

Hmmmm. That's an intersting thing you have there my friend. While not uncommon for certain bugs to pop up only for certain a handfull, it seems that the TU may have reset your sensative profile save data. I have not personally heard of this bug as of yet, but I can look into it further for you.

Chances are, it may only be a slight hic-up. There are a number things you can do to see if it is only temporary. First thing I recommend doing, is going to a freinds, and download your profile to his xbox. From there if you load up Reach and everything is fine, then you know it is an issue with your XBOX, and not a TU in general. At that point, you will want to copy your profile onto a USB stick, and transfer it to your xbox, overwriting existing profile data. That should solve the problem if it is only isolated to your xbox and the data stored on it.

• Like 1

Hi there everyone, but mainly, my friendly 343 representatives.

Myself, and countless other people, as I am sure you are aware, are having problems connection to halo reach and halo 3 matchmaking games. For me, I havne't been able to connect since early November.

Now, I have done some research and testing etc, and it turns out that the issue is with IP addresses starting with 101.

(Australia and NZ)

All we get when we go to play is: 'the halo reach server is unavailable at this time, please try again later.'

I would like to know if/.when we can expect an update, or fix to this problem, as there are 1000's of people, like me, unable to play!

I await your response, thanks in advance!

Joe

Sounds like a wrong value in an "IP Range" setting on the Live incoming and outgoing server. I wonder if they even realize it yet...lmao All laughing aside I wish I could help you more. Believe me if I could, I would force my way into their Live servers and poke around settings for you.....but I would prolly get arrested for that. Keep us all updated on any action or reply Microsoft gives you mate.

Thanks mate, XBOX said this:

Thank you for contacting online Support for XBOX. I am Geli and I will be helping you with this issue today.

As I understand, you have concerns about a specific game.

If you do not have any issues with connecting to Xbox Live and any other games, you need to contact the 343 industries about this issue since they are the ones that mans the servers. Please post on their site or forums about this concern: http://www.343industries.org/forum/

______

No help at all, 343 need to sort this out...!

This is because the amount of bsp polys has about doubled for the basic maps. Also the items used in Forge are very high poly. To be more specific, yes it is due to the engine having to render higher cost items multiple times. This is specifically why they have budgets built in.

• 1 month later...

Hi all..

After playing Combat Evolved online and returning to Reach i can no longer acces any of the reach firefight maps (holdout overlook etc) in the map selection page. The only option i haave is to play anniversary firefight. This is a pain as when i come to complete some of the daily challenges i cannot acces the maps. Is there anything i can do to revert back so i can access the old reach firefight maps ??

Many thanks

Sorry for the late chime on this one...I dont check my threads as often as I should. This sounds like a bug in the checking of maps. Do you have Reach or the Reach map packs installed to the HDD? Did you optionally install the CEA maps to the HDD? Does this only happen on one profile? Just a few things i need to know first.

Hi thanks for getting back... I have installed everything to HDD. When i first noticed this problem i deleted everything related to CEA but it made difference.

The other day a challenge was to do with Overlook so from the challenges page i pressed "jump to an appropriatelobby" and it took me straight to Anniversary firefight and the only map i could play is Installation 04 (i think). Cant check another profile as it only lets the other profile play offline

I know this sounds really stupid but I have to ask.....

a. Are you starting Reach via the "games" section and launching it from the hdd

b. is reach and not cea in the dvd drive

c. is your xbox set to launch games as soon as they are inserted or recognized?

My friend and I decided to get into forging again. I havent really forged since halo 3; we made a bunch of mazes and zombie maps and played some mazes by Buddhacrane if you have heard of him. We decided to make a zombie map on forge world. Its basically done but we are having an issue with the spawning. We want the humans to spawn in 1 area and the zombies to spawn in another but I cant figure out how to differentiate the 2. Also I cant start the map with an infection gametype it says the map isn't available to play with this gametype or some error like that. Probably just an easy solution but I don't know how forge in Reach works as well as in halo 3.

My friend and I decided to get into forging again. I havent really forged since halo 3; we made a bunch of mazes and zombie maps and played some mazes by Buddhacrane if you have heard of him. We decided to make a zombie map on forge world. Its basically done but we are having an issue with the spawning. We want the humans to spawn in 1 area and the zombies to spawn in another but I cant figure out how to differentiate the 2. Also I cant start the map with an infection gametype it says the map isn't available to play with this gametype or some error like that. Probably just an easy solution but I don't know how forge in Reach works as well as in halo 3.

You need to set your game type to "Infection" to place any items, spawns, etc. Check out this

I know this sounds really stupid but I have to ask.....

a. Are you starting Reach via the "games" section and launching it from the hdd

b. is reach and not cea in the dvd drive

c. is your xbox set to launch games as soon as they are inserted or recognized?

Hi

a. Yes

b. Reach

c. yes