Halo 5 still having serious lag

No Lucks Given

I have seen multiple posts about this, with almost 0 acknowledgement. Everyone who has been experiencing the lag issues have enough internet speed, and by now have spread all the basic troubleshooting info to no avail. I myself have done everything possible, to the point that my entire network was completely unprotected and it still did not work. I have been waiting for this game for a long time, and I do like it, but as far as multiplayer goes, I have had maybe 2 games that didn't have game breaking lag for me. I understand that the people experiencing these issues are in the minority, but to be ignored the way we have is completely unacceptable. If the issue can not be fixed then we should be given a full refund of the game. This is supposed to be the ultimate competitive online experience, yet I consider it a huge stroke of luck to see an opponent not jumping across the screen, or running into a wall. Finally I have some pictures I was able to take while lagging, since I was able to walk around the out of bounds areas at leisure.

post-93584-0-36107700-1446577689_thumb.jpg

post-93584-0-73276100-1446577695_thumb.jpg

post-93584-0-96609700-1446577702_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, I'll be devil's advocate here, "given a full refund?"

Really? You bought a game in the AAA gaming trend where games are broken on release, given a day-1 update, and still have further unforseen issues... And you want a full refund? There's a quote I like to live by, "If you don't like the culture, don't buy into it."

I don't see where you feel justified -- or more accurately, entitled -- to be given your hard-earned money back for a product that has more than likely been given more man hours to produce, from concept to going gold, than you ever took in debating to purchase.

This is another reason it took me so long to start interacting more onsite aside from the shoutbox, people's broken reasoning happens to make whatever I have to say cold, calculated, and callous. In case you haven't read the banner, we're a community forum. The only power we have is being a collective voice, on the internet of all places.

"DEDICATED SERVEEERRRS!!!"

pfft, yeah right

I've had lag problems as well. I honestly don't know what the cause could be since I'm not an expert on this. Maybe Halo 5 requires allot of bandwidth to run even though it's already on the Dedicated Servers? Dunno, if this keeps up after my internet is replenished I'm going to be real sad.

Fun fact: On that map The Rig, you can do some mumbo jumbo to summon a giant worm creature from the depths of hell to devour another mining platform. No joke.

Xbox will give you a refund if you purchased it digitally from them. I suggest you take advantage of that while you can. I ordered mine from Amazon so I'm out of luck with a faulty game. 

The common theme among players is that it is an issue with Time Warner Cable and Halo 5. It's hard to put the blame on either company but neither seems to want to acknowledge that it's their fault. The last thing Microsoft needs is for another Halo to be broken, and TWC is... TWC. 

If you haven't abused Microsoft's return policy I'm sure you can get a refund. I doubt the problem will be solved any time soon. Good thing other games are coming out that can replace Halo. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can give you some tips that hopefully help move the eventual solution along, if you have Time Warner Cable I requested a refund on my last months bill because of the service not working fully. I don't know who is at fault and I really don't care, I just want to enjoy my game. I have also been complaining on every stream possible, twitter, reddit, ect. Hopefully acknowledgment or a solution comes soon.