Halo 5 Multiplayer: Increase Radar Radius

OrsonKain

A history of my experience; I've played Halo extensively since Halo 2. I will always be an avid fan of the Halo multiplayer.

I have played Guardians multiplayer for approximately 20 hours to date. I must make a plea to 343i to alter an aspects of multiplayer.

From my understanding, the radius of the radar has been reduced to 18 ft. I am unsure how this compares to other Halo's radar radius. Regardless, the radar has become worthless in my opinion. The radius is far too small to be affective. Because of springing/thruster pack, player movement has increased significantly since past Halo's. And with Guardians' current radar, it is worthless because enemies are barely visible before you're being flanked.

I understand MLG players were consulted about Guardians' multiplayer. If they wish to have a more MLG experience, then make an MLG playlist. It's unfair to subject more casual players to a neutered, yet critical component of multiplayer tactics.

• Like 1

It's not 18m for everything. Almost every map, gametype and vehicles have different ranges.

The radar doesn't have any real issues. I disagree with the fact you say it's not effective. If you look at it it gives you enough time to either turn and fight or to time a boost to avoid their charge.

If the radar had more range then the people flanking you wouldn't stand a chance. Nobody wants an impenetrable defensive line.

I think the biggest issue for me as far as the motion tracker goes is that there's a difference in radius between single-player and multiplayer: as someone who always finishes the campaign before moving on to the PvP, I'd gotten very used to interacting with the motion tracker in a certain way, and started to get a feel for how far away enemies were by watching it. Unfortunately, with the current system this just doesn't translate to arena, and combined with how open the maps are and the speed at which players move, the motion tracker definitely doesn't feel as integral to play as it did in older Halos. Plus, it's really hurt stealth, as now the range of detection is so small that there isn't really much incentive to try and sneak up on people with crouch.

So yeah, here's hoping that the motion tracker gets a bit of a buff soon!

It's not 18m for everything. Almost every map, gametype and vehicles have different ranges.

The radar doesn't have any real issues. I disagree with the fact you say it's not effective. If you look at it it gives you enough time to either turn and fight or to time a boost to avoid their charge.

If the radar had more range then the people flanking you wouldn't stand a chance. Nobody wants an impenetrable defensive line.

Nope. It's 18m in Arena and 25m in Warzone. It's fine for Warzone, partly since the majority of engagements are in long range and partly because the range is sufficiently long enough to promote engagement in a capture point and let people know who is sprinting aorund.

But there is no way it's feasible to use in Arena. The only time it's going to let players know someone is there is if there is someone directly above/below you. Otherwise, you will have seen them or you won't be in an engagement. Now that we have thrusters, clamber and Shoulder charge, it is far too easy for people to simply sprint from one side of the map to the other, behind you, and just smack you in the back. You are barely given the chance to react; you'd basically need to be watching your radar every 1.5 seconds if you wanted to see if anyone was approaching at all times. I'ts just not feasible to even use your radar.

Even if you do react, the enemy is going to be close enough that thrusting out of the way is the only option. If somebody is approaching from the front, they can melee you before you break their shields if they are sufficiently close enough.

Increasing the range to around 22-25meters would be beneficial, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Nope. It's 18m in Arena and 25m in Warzone. It's fine for Warzone, partly since the majority of engagements are in long range and partly because the range is sufficiently long enough to promote engagement in a capture point and let people know who is sprinting aorund.

But there is no way it's feasible to use in Arena. The only time it's going to let players know someone is there is if there is someone directly above/below you. Otherwise, you will have seen them or you won't be in an engagement. Now that we have thrusters, clamber and Shoulder charge, it is far too easy for people to simply sprint from one side of the map to the other, behind you, and just smack you in the back. You are barely given the chance to react; you'd basically need to be watching your radar every 1.5 seconds if you wanted to see if anyone was approaching at all times. I'ts just not feasible to even use your radar.

Even if you do react, the enemy is going to be close enough that thrusting out of the way is the only option. If somebody is approaching from the front, they can melee you before you break their shields if they are sufficiently close enough.

Increasing the range to around 22-25meters would be beneficial, in my opinion.

A well timed punch and death grenade works. The only reason I've completed the frag grenade commendation is because of that

A well timed punch and death grenade works. The only reason I've completed the frag grenade commendation is because of that

But that's a trade. There is no chance for you to outgun or outskill them; you can only throw a grenade which has a CHANCE to kill them, as they still have the ability to thrust away.