the reason i feel 343 has ruined halo 5, and the franchise.

spiderxxxman

So i went out and bought halo 5, i heard rank was back main reason i bought it. ok so i start off by playing the campaign about half way through it i thought the story was a joke. ok so time for multiplayer. so i start up  slayer play my 10 games what i notice right off the bat 1. the game is a complete moose show. 2. people spawn behind me like all the bleep bloop time there is no working as a team to take over areas cause someone just spawns behind your team. 3. the ranking system is pathetic 343 doesnt get it through there head that the 1-50 rank system was made for halo thats what everyone wants and loved why do you think when halo 4 first came out it had 100k people playing it and within a week 90k of those people threw the game in the trash bin. ok so back to ranked i went 5-5 in my placements got ranked plat 1, what im wondering is how am i placed so high for doing so bad, so alot of noobs get high ranks. i cant even see other peoples ranks?. this is where it got back now every game i play seems like im playing against a team of 4 that is hacking or something? unlimited sprint and cod zoom i think whoever decided to mix cod into halo should get shot and fired seriously whos sour gummy worm idea was that?

343 is you read this

if you wanna turn your franchise around id seriously think about adding a 1-50 rank system, remove sprint, zoom, jet sprint or w.e, noob power weapons the respond in every 30 seconds. match team of 4s with other teams. because once again my halo copy is going on craigslist cause you guys have some real not-so-great-IMO game developers that should get  kicked.

thank you sorry for my grammar but 343 needs to hear this because i guarantee 90% of the halo 5 players are gunna be done with this game in 1 week. halo 3 i played for 6 years straight loved everything about it. and everyone else did to.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed spoilers.

To be honest man, you really do need to wait at least a couple of months before you give 343 some serious "suggestions". I mean the game has been out for only a few days.. I have not even played the game nor am I huge 343 fan, but I can assure you they probably have a giant list of things to tweak or work on. 

Relax, and give them some credit! 343 is keeping the Halo franchise alive. I mean the MCC was nothing short of a masterpiece, they brought back the original Halo's, WITH MULTIPLAYER! 

• Like 1

sorry man im already playing league again once again another game halo trys to copy instead of sticking with what made them good in the first place.

and who would release a game that they feel is **** then fix it when everyone has stoped playing it use your head man halo 5 is dead its to late

First of all, you're cursing way to much that your sentences don't even make sense anymore. Second, we're not 343, we're a fan forum. Third, all your Statements are false because you have no proof that 90% of people threw away Halo 4 and there are a lot of people that still and will always keep playing Halo 5. Sure, it could do without a few things but if you don't like them, don't use them. And you can't speak for everyone so don't say "everyone" unless you have proof. "Halo 5 is dead it's too late" It's been out for 4 days man :D

Some of the things in this post tell me that you didn't really pay much attention. "I can't see enemy ranks" if you were in fact paying attention then you would've noticed that you can see enemy ranks in the carnage report. The reason it doesn't show before the game starts is to prevent people from quitting out of lobbies where the other team might have some higher levels.

You got ranked platinum because you somehow did good. Winning claims a large percentage of your eventual rank, but individual skill also weighs in a little. You also get ranked higher if you win from higher ranked people.

If you did some research you would've known about this and all the other stuff you're complaining about before the game launched and you could've avoided all of this.

• Like 1

well im getting placed against onyx teams of (4) when im plat 1 no team so how is this ranking system fair i cant even rank down either when im getting merked this hard? the sprinting is a gong show everyone sprints behind u radar means **** when they just smack me from behind when i get a power weapon

well im getting placed against onyx teams of (4) when im plat 1 no team so how is this ranking system fair i cant even rank down either when im getting merked this hard? 

Hold on, I thought you weren't able to see peoples ranks before? Now when it suits you you suddenly can? I call bs on that statement...

the sprinting is a gong show everyone sprints behind u radar means **** when they just smack me from behind when i get a power weapon

Situational awareness my friend.

• Like 1

So i went out and bought halo 5, i heard rank was back main reason i bought it. ok so i start off by playing the campaign about half way through it i thought the story was a joke if u kill cortana in the 4th game why bring her back out of ideas much holy smokes. ok so time for multiplayer. so i start up  slayer play my 10 games what i notice right off the bat 1. the game is a complete moose show. 2. people spawn behind me like all the bleep bloop time there is no working as a team to take over areas cause someone just spawns behind your team. 3. the ranking system is pathetic 343 doesnt get it through there head that the 1-50 rank system was made for halo thats what everyone wants and loved why do you think when halo 4 first came out it had 100k people playing it and within a week 90k of those people threw the game in the trash bin. ok so back to ranked i went 5-5 in my placements got ranked plat 1, what im wondering is how am i placed so high for doing so bad, so alot of noobs get high ranks. i cant even see other peoples ranks?. this is where it got back now every game i play seems like im playing against a team of 4 that is hacking or something? unlimited sprint and cod zoom i think whoever decided to mix cod into halo should get shot and fired seriously whos sour gummy worm idea was that?

343 is you read this

if you wanna turn your franchise around id seriously think about adding a 1-50 rank system, remove sprint, zoom, jet sprint or w.e, noob power weapons the respond in every 30 seconds. match team of 4s with other teams. because once again my halo copy is going on craigslist cause you guys have some real not-so-great-IMO game developers that should get  kicked.

thank you sorry for my grammar but 343 needs to hear this because i guarantee 90% of the halo 5 players are gunna be done with this game in 1 week. halo 3 i played for 6 years straight loved everything about it. and everyone else did to.

Firstly: Platinum is not high. It is the top end of the bell curve. The fact that you THINK it's high, though, is a testament to the fact that psychologically 343i's Ranking system is good at making your ego big and juicy. Which is good! The better people think they are, the more satisfied they will be.

'I can't even see other people's ranks?' You haven't looked hard enough. It's in their profile; but the fact that you can't see their profile before the game is a good thing. Nobody quits because they see the opponent's ranks - they only see it at the end of the match's carnage report.

'Every game I play seems like im playing a against a team of 4 that is hacking or something?' You must be playing against a well co-ordinated team that is... well, above your team's level of skill.

'If you wanna turn your franchise around id seriously think about adding a 1-50 rank system' Which had a massive amount of flaws that have been fixed with the Halo 5 CSR ranking system.

'Remove sprint, zoom, jet sprint or w.e, noob power weapons the respond in every 30 seconds' Ignoring the fact that the final thing does not occur, you're asking to just remove everything that makes the game, the game. People like these inclusions. They fit well into Halo but also make the game fun for a modern generation. The FPS genre is changing and the addition of 3D movement is only going to increase the skill gap as we weed out the people who can only think in a 2D plane from the players who have the spatial awareness for the entire 3D arena.

Give the game a try. If you don't like it and you definitely feel like games like Halo 2 and 3 are superior, whether it be due to nostalgia or because you feel those games simply have a better ranking system and gameplay, that's fine. The Master Chief Collection is here for you. But you are part of the audience that has decided not to accept the changes - you cannot adapt, for lack of a better term - and you're the one that's going to suffer from it unfortunately.

For what it's worth, the players who tuned the new abilities in Halo 5 are the players who have been playing competitive Halo since the days of Halo 2.

• Like 2

im already playing league again once again another game halo trys to copy

...Halo copies League?

wut

I can appreciate where you're coming from: I have my own set of frustrations with Halo 5, a lot of them quite major. However, while I don't necessarily like the changes that have been, I can appreciate that there has actually been an attempt made to evolve the gameplay, and to make it fresh and interesting. I thoroughly reject the argument that Halo needs to stick with the same gameplay it's always had and never try anything new or take risks: this is an argument I hear an awful lot from younger players and console-only gamers, and frankly, the fact that Halo has always been willing to try out new mechanics and explore new concepts is precisely why it's such a good series. If all Halo were to do was keep using the same old formula year-on-year without ever trying to innovate, we'd still be playing 2v2s with three-shot pistols. The history of gaming is littered with titles which got stagnant and never tried to shake things up or break new ground, and most of them are dead. If all you want is to play Halo: Combat Evolved? Go play it. The MCC (finally) has functioning matchmaking for it, there's nothing to stop you playing it as much as you want.

• Like 1

To be honest man, you really do need to wait at least a couple of months before you give 343 some serious "suggestions". I mean the game has been out for only a few days.. I have not even played the game nor am I huge 343 fan, but I can assure you they probably have a giant list of things to tweak or work on. 

Relax, and give them some credit! 343 is keeping the Halo franchise alive. I mean the MCC was nothing short of a masterpiece, they brought back the original Halo's, WITH MULTIPLAYER!

Masterpiece?

The game launched completely broken. Saved games being deleted by themselves, matchmaking was broken for months and hardly ever worked (and is still broken for some) poor servers, Random rank resets occurring etc.

Mcc was nothing short of a broken mess, now it might be fine for most people. But that was a few months down the line. Hell, I'd even go so far to say that Mcc has a worse launch than Battlefield 4. :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1

Where is the dam firefight?? Thats all I wanted to c them bring to the table and nothen I got this weak ads bull**** it's more a damn movie if I wanted to watch the movie halo I would go and get it !! the campaign was kinda weak especially being on a next generation console! But before I go to hard on 343 it's still a little early to tell but damn

Where is the dam firefight?? Thats all I wanted to c them bring to the table and nothen I got this weak ads bull**** it's more a damn movie if I wanted to watch the movie halo I would go and get it !! the campaign was kinda weak especially being on a next generation console! But before I go to hard on 343 it's still a little early to tell but damn

Firefight was confirmed not to be in Halo 5 long before launch

everytime i get into a game 2-3  ppl just leave u call this ranked. its like a mixed social slayer with a ****ty ranked system

Every once in a while =/= everytime...

Masterpiece?

The game launched completely broken. Saved games being deleted by themselves, matchmaking was broken for months and hardly ever worked (and is still broken for some) poor servers, Random rank resets occurring etc.

Mcc was nothing short of a broken mess, now it might be fine for most people. But that was a few months down the line. Hell, I'd even go so far to say that Mcc has a worse launch than Battlefield 4. :)

The game may have come out with issues but the fact that 343 put all of the Halo games on one disc and brought back matchmaking is astonishing to me, a game that sophisticated is bound to come out with SOME sort of issues or bugs... I think people like you are too critical of the game developers and are in no way happy or appreciative of the fact that 343 Industries BROUGHT BACK the ORIGINAL HALO GAMES + MULTIPLAYER! Be appreciative, MOM. 

The game may have come out with issues but the fact that 343 put all of the Halo games on one disc and brought back matchmaking is astonishing to me, a game that sophisticated is bound to come out with SOME sort of issues or bugs... I think people like you are too critical of the game developers and are in no way happy or appreciative of the fact that 343 Industries BROUGHT BACK the ORIGINAL HALO GAMES + MULTIPLAYER! Be appreciative, MOM.

"Be appreciative" Be appreciative of what? A broken game? :D

If you pay 60$ for a game you expect it to work as advertised.

I don't care how bold the title is or what awesome ideas or innovative design ideas are in it if its broken. Because I cannot play it. And its not as if it came with only a few bugs or something the game was downright broken for almost everyone and still is for some. Its simply unacceptable. :)