343i Has Truly Ruined Halo

Bryan Emery

After waiting hours in line at the Mid Night release of Halo 5 and then waiting the 3 hours it takes to download I was left with nothing but disappointment... 

So like many of us Halo players we live for the campaign and how Master Chief is going to save the world one more time. We all were upset in Halo 4 when we lost Cortona... So what do we do? We shoot right to the campaign slap good ol legendary mode on and go to work.. Well after hours of stressful game time with friends I finally reached the last mission..  As the last movie clip of the game started I got up with excitement and couldn't wait for what was going to happen.. Well 343 you did it again.. You have ruined my Halo experience.. the 45sec clip at the end was one of the most disrespectful things you could have ever done to us Halo Fans.. I mean what were you even thinking? or did you even think? It honestly feels like you stopped caring 3/4 into the campaign and just took a giant crap on us...

So after hours of game time it took  to beat it i get one of the worst endings of a Halo game yet.. But wait! Of course they must of threw some awesome armor sets and unlock ables into the pot for beating it on legendary!?....

NOPE! I GOT A GIANT THANK YOU! 343i thank you for wasting 12 hours  of my life trying to beat the campaign on legendary to find out you get nothing for it... Yay achievements.. NO ONE CARES! 

I will be trading this in for Fallout 4... and again Thanks 343i for ruining my Halo experience... 

Edited by DocSpartanO07
Foul Language

Replace 343 with Bungie and this sounds like Halo 2 all over again.

I can understand Halo being ruined

for someone because the story or the gameplay,

but your essentially saying that Halo is ruined because you

1: Didn't like the ending and

2: You didn't get anything for beating Legendary... Wow.

• Like 6

After waiting hours in line at the Mid Night release of Halo 5 and then waiting the 3 hours it takes to download I was left with nothing but disappointment... 

So like many of us Halo players we live for the campaign and how Master Chief is going to save the world one more time. We all were upset in Halo 4 when we lost Cortona... So what do we do? We shoot right to the campaign slap good ol legendary mode on and go to work.. Well after hours of stressful game time with friends I finally reached the last mission..  As the last movie clip of the game started I got up with excitement and couldn't wait for what was going to happen.. Well 343 you did it again.. You have ruined my Halo experience.. the 45sec clip at the end was one of the most disrespectful things you could have ever done to us Halo Fans.. I mean what were you even thinking? or did you even think? It honestly feels like you stopped caring 3/4 into the campaign and just took a giant crap on us...

So after hours of game time it took  to beat it i get one of the worst endings of a Halo game yet.. But wait! Of course they must of threw some awesome armor sets and unlock ables into the pot for beating it on legendary!?....

NOPE! I GOT A GIANT THANK YOU! 343i thank you for wasting 12 hours  of my life trying to beat the campaign on legendary to find out you get nothing for it... Yay achievements.. NO ONE CARES! 

I will be trading this in for Fallout 4... and again Thanks 343i for ruining my Halo experience... 

Foul Language will not be tolerated on this site. Do not do it again.

• Like 3

It's a shame you aren't happy with Halo 5, but it's unreasonable to say that 'Halo' was ruined by 343 Industries because you expected more from the ending. You should really have a wider perspective, and consider all the other things Halo 5 has to offer. The ending should not be the only factor allowing you to determine whether Halo 5 was a success or not.

If you would like to forward a formal complaint to 343 Industries, visit Halo Waypoint: www.halowaypoint.com I'm sure they'd appreciate some constructive criticism, as long as you are reasonable about the matter.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying they ruined it, but they came close. I'm definitely disappointed with the campaign storyline and ending. So many plot holes. The chief is supposed to be the main character of Halo. So why is 80% of the game Locke and his band of Spartan wannabes? I hated that they made him (master chief) almost feel like a cameo.

So far I do not like the Promo Soldiers.  They remind me of those teleporting irritating Taken from Destiny.  I despise them.
I also do not like how you have to choose Locke as your main character, and also if you play with a friend that the two remaining character follow Locke.  It should be that you get one each to follow/command, allowing you both to split up and fight in a Two by Two manoeuver.

I have not completed Halo 5 yet, but so far these are my main problems.

Multiplayer, I have not delved in to that much, so I have no idea so far if 343 have kept those ridiculous loadouts they thought up in Halo 4.  I hope they did not, they ruined Multiplayer for me in Halo 4.

• Like 1

Should've read the Gameinformer magazine, they literally said this:

Wcw6XNw.png

If you read the Entertainment box, you would've had a gist of the idea anywho.

Besides, they didn't really ruin the story. They're setting up one for the next installment, if anything. Halo 5 is somewhat similar to Halo 2 in all sorts of aspects. Halo 2 had a really in-depth storyline, that built up everything to Halo 3. I have a hard time playing that campaign over and over as well, it's replayability is low in the trilogy, right next to Combat Evolved. Which is what Halo 5's most likely is at this point. It's meant to be played once, maybe even twice to understand the point they're making for the next game. Don't worry though, the Multiplayer is better than anything 343i has created before. Just like Halo 2 was Bungie's best Multiplayer until Reach.

Ruined, are you serious? man there are so many hard to impress gamer's these days, a lot of the negatives that some people are saying i just can not agree with, my experience so far playing Halo 5 Guardians on Legendary has been an absolute blast, man i haven't had this much enjoyment playing a FPS in ages, Halo 4 was the last FPS i really enjoyed and even that game gets a lot of bashing which i just can't understand why, i mean Halo 1, 2 & 3 were good but they were not THAT good, only Halo 2 would be worth mentioning. It wasn't that long ago i replayed every game again and Halo 4 was so much better. Halo 5 Guardians is not a disappointment, far from it actually. Halo 5 Guardians is the first next-gen game i am really enjoying, more so than anything else i've played.

• Like 3

So like many of us Halo players we live for the campaign and how Master Chief is going to save the world one more time. We all were upset in Halo 4 when we lost Cortona... So what do we do? We shoot right to the campaign slap good ol legendary mode on and go to work.. Well after hours of stressful game time with friends I finally reached the last mission.. As the last movie clip of the game started I got up with excitement and couldn't wait for what was going to happen.. Well 343 you did it again.. You have ruined my Halo experience.. the 45sec clip at the end was one of the most disrespectful things you could have ever done to us Halo Fans.. I mean what were you even thinking? or did you even think? It honestly feels like you stopped caring 3/4 into the campaign and just took a giant crap on us...

So after hours of game time it took to beat it i get one of the worst endings of a Halo game yet.. But wait! Of course they must of threw some awesome armor sets and unlock ables into the pot for beating it on legendary!?....

NOPE! I GOT A GIANT THANK YOU! 343i thank you for wasting 12 hours of my life trying to beat the campaign on legendary to find out you get nothing for it... Yay achievements.. NO ONE CARES!

The ending was pretty good cortana took over the Galaxy and chief Locke and arbiter are going to lead some kind of resistance against her

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Added spoiler tags. Warning: MAJOR spoilers for the plot and ending of Halo 5: Guardians! Click at your own risk!

So simply because you didn't like the ending and you didn't get what you wanted or anything as far as you're concerned, they ruined Halo? Just because you beat the campaign on Legendary doesn't mean you deserve anything. Yeah it would've been a nice added perk but, it doesn't entitle you to anything. And it's THEIR game, they can do whatever they want to the story. It's just like a movie. You usually end on a cliff hanger to setup the story for the next game. While I don't like the direction they took with Cortana, it is what it is and I don't like how little Blue Team was used. But, that doesn't mean they ruined Halo. 

People have this messed up conception that Devs have to make games how THEY want them to. Is it your IP? Do you own the rights to it? No you don't so get over it. Yeah the community can make suggestions and voice their dislikes about certain aspects of the game and they will be followed to a degree if the series is to survive.

• Like 2

I agree with Emery to a certain degree. Back in the old days you fought hard through Legendary and at the end you were rewarded with special armor that makes you stand out in the halo multiplayer community. They should reward you with a special helmet or something. If all I am getting is achievement points then that is no good.

I don't think they have completely ruined halo, but they will need to deliver in Halo 6. The execution with this game was poor and unprofessional. It makes me wonder what they were doing for the last 3 years, and not only that, but why did they market this big Master Chief vs Locke. IT was an extreme let down. They focused way too much on Locke. I think Locke should have been an NPC, and more screen time was devoted to Master Chief. He is the face of the Halo franchise and it needs to stay that way. 

I will wait for reviews for halo 6 before I play it. They did a terrible time telling this story and I wont give the my money if they are going to screw up the next one too.

I don't know if you went through legendary solo like i did, but i completely understand where you are coming from, i was partially hoping to get that helmet that Linda wears and was disappointed when i just got an achievement. 17 hours into that campaign. I could make a 30 minute montage of my deaths in the battle with the 3 wardens... it was a traumatizing experience. It felt rewarding though to beat that part...

I did somehow feel like the campaign was somewhat lacking even compared to halo 4. Which Halo 4 had in my opinion an outstanding story... if you understood the backstory at least. I could have been just overly frustrated from the legendary difficulty (i started with that difficulty) but it almost seemed like a firefight mode with cut-scenes.

I am glad they added a ranking system to the matchmaking, Swat here I come.

Halo 5 Guardians is a great game, yeah the story may have some issues but that didn't stop me from enjoying the game. I have heard people say that they finished the game in like 5 hours, if you just play on Normal and don't bother collecting the collectibles during the Missions than yeah of course your gonna finish the game quick, i played Halo 5 on Legendary for my first playthrough and i also found all the collectibles so i spent more than just 5 hours playing the main campaign. I thoroughly enjoyed Halo 5, the ending was a great set up for Halo 6 i thought. Regardless of Halo 5's flaws it's still an extremely good shooter, i was hooked from beginning to end. If there was 1 part of the game i absolutely hated it was the 3 Wardens in Mission 14 on Legendary, that part was so not cool and it was the only part that gave me trouble, it was a nightmare.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

We are not 343 idiot. It is NOT OUR GAME, nor do we really care what you personally think. We are a simple fan site. The foul language was edited out by Doc, and rightfully so. We have young members in our forums who do not need to be exposed to peoples inability to control themselves, and come into a forum that IS NOT OWNED BY MICROSOFT OR 343i and start ranting.

Do us all a favor and troll your way over to Halowaypoint. Lets keep trash where it belongs.

• Like 1

Ruined, are you serious? man there are so many hard to impress gamer's these days, a lot of the negatives that some people are saying i just can not agree with, my experience so far playing Halo 5 Guardians on Legendary has been an absolute blast, man i haven't had this much enjoyment playing a FPS in ages, Halo 4 was the last FPS i really enjoyed and even that game gets a lot of bashing which i just can't understand why, i mean Halo 1, 2 & 3 were good but they were not THAT good, only Halo 2 would be worth mentioning. It wasn't that long ago i replayed every game again and Halo 4 was so much better. Halo 5 Guardians is not a disappointment, far from it actually. Halo 5 Guardians is the first next-gen game i am really enjoying, more so than anything else i've played.

You are right, You are simply game hoping gamer's who play what ever is the new title. People like you aren't Halo fans. Ive been folloing this game since I was 10. How many of you that like this "game", played halo combat evolved when it came out? or halo 2? read any of the books? Its a universe that has simply been turned upside down. The endings are actual jokes... enraging jokes....halo4 and 5 had some of the worst endings in game history. the number of gapes they leave in the story are unreal. DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE "LOVE STORY" aspect of 4. SHES A COMPUTER PROGRAM CHIEF...what is 343 Insinuating about chief and cortana. 343 is about money, bungie loved their fans. The true halo series ended with halo:3.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed abusive language.

What foul language? Your game sucked so when people talk bad about it you wana ban em? YOUR GAME SUCKED 343 YOU RAN HALO INTO THE GROUND I HOPE YOU ALL BURN IN YOUR OFFICE CHAIRS.

The foul language in the original post was removed, per moderation guidelines. Rule 1B very clearly states that members are not to use foul and/or abusive language. More to the point: we encourage all of our members to express their opinions in an honest and forthright manner. We do not issue warnings, restrictions or bans simply because a member expresses an opinion that we don't agree with, whether it be praise or criticism, indeed it's a point of pride for the moderating team that we have such an open and liberal approach to discussions. You are free to express whatever opinions about Halo you like, provided you do in a polite and courteous manner

What we do object to is when members break the rules or act in an unpleasant manner: for instance, wishing death upon my staff (who like me, incidentally, are fan volunteers with no official connection to 343i). Please bear this in mind when making any future posts in order to avoid moderation.

• Like 1

For someone who claims to know the Halo series, Bungie did not end with Halo 3, it ended with Halo Reach. And as you put it, Halo Reach turned the universe canon upside down. Did you read the books?

And please, stop trying to measure your own e-you-know-what by claiming "fan entitlement" or supremacy of your opinion due to leength of franchise play time. If we all did that, everyone besides myself here would be dribbling fan boy baby's. Halo RTS beta anyone?

Anyway, nothing your posting is even remotely helpfull or contains any valid facts. Way to revive a 3 month old thread for nothing.

• Like 1

My one and only post on this forum.

I have played every version of Halo since it's inception.....

I have played every version of just about every significant 1st person shooter ever made for any platform......EVER.

At times I've hosted game servers and been extremely active in the gaming community......

No one cheers more than me when a game developer creates true game magic....... something truly new under the sun, or a sweet story line that sucks you in and holds you while you're fighting for your virtual life, a rewarding experience for mastering truly difficult maneuvers, bad guys, or taking the time and effort to play and win at high difficulty levels, or kicking butt in multiplayer, either lone wolf or with a few buds.....

Having said all that, I've been truly disappointed with 343's stewardship of the Halo franchise to date.  I realize game companies have to make money in order to continue, like any other business, but 343's reimagining of the Halo universe is so blatantly commercialized and devoid of anything approaching its former glory, this old gamer personally finds it offensive.  Production quality may be spectacular, but that in and of itself does not make a good game great.  I did not plop down $60 for a game I played thru a single player campaign in 4 or 5 hours and walked away from in complete disgust, never to be played again.  Sadly, I will not be buying or playing any more 343 produced games, as I feel they've lost sight of the balance required to produce games of significance, which the Halo genre simply demands.  343 should be ashamed of what they've done to Halo.

Sorry Master Chief, you deserved better than this shabby treatment........ end transmission.

• Like 1

Replace 343 with Bungie and this sounds like Halo 2 all over again.

I can understand Halo being ruined

for someone because the story or the gameplay,

but your essentially saying that Halo is ruined because you

1: Didn't like the ending and

2: You didn't get anything for beating Legendary... Wow.

No, what hes saying is that 343 has no clue what the real fanbase was like, probably because they 343 never played the first Halos. They said in multiple interviews they wanted to keep Halo, but they wanted to make it their ow. By saying they want to make it your own is essentially saying this, forget the fans who have loved this game and have played it sense CE, where it took real skill to beat the campaign and online play. 

Now every Halo up until halo 4 has ad an epic ending, left you with your jaw open, wondering if Chief and Cortona were gunna make it to the chapter of their lives. 

• 2 weeks later...