Connection Problems in Halo 5

RedStarRocket91

Hi. I have been having the "local connection lost" issue the past 3days since the update and the server outage. I can play 40% of games alone but none with a fireteam.. Before that everything was ok.

ISP: Plusnet UK

Connection: 60meg down 10meg up. 160ping

Nat: Open cone nat -tried dmz/game mode/ports/upnp. Tried wired/wireless.

This seems to be an issue with over 50/100 players yet nothing has been posted regards a fix or what the problem could be. I remember bungie games never had connection issues like this. Making me doubt 343i as a developer and not want to buy anything else from the franchise in future.

Didn't install Halo 5 until Christmas. Haven't been able to connect to online lobby/servers ever. Campaign works fine. Reinstalled game and no change.

I have Cox cable in North Central Florida.

Don't know the make of my modem, but it's from Cox and about 1 year old.

All other games work fine, NAT is open.

This is very frustrating!

Okay i had gotten it to work earlier then i left my house, come back, turned on my xbox one and now its doing it again. But this time it is actually giving me the option to play the online portions but i cant get into the lobby, im still getting the issue with halo 5 gusrdians servers. And all my progress in armor cystomization and my ranking is just gone. If all my progress is gone i am going to be one upset buyer since i got the fotus armor code. So i couldylnt get that back anything new you guys can update me on? Anyone else having this issue?

I've been having problems connnecting to games for weeks. I get disconnected from every game I do get to join after 1 - 2 minutes. I've lost about 10-15 boosts. The game constantly gives a server problem crash warning. I use cox cable in Las Vegas. I can stream 1080P video with no problem and play all my online games from xbox and pc with no problem. Halo 5 has been a GIGANTIC disappointment over the last month. The first few days I got the game it worked great. The last month though has convinced me to not buy anymore more 343 games and dlc until this game gets fixed.

It qas

It was my router. I have parental controls to block nasty websites. Apparently, halowaypoint.com is considered malicious and dangerous, and may infect my computer with viruses or other unwanted programs. So, I had to tone down the filter to make Halo 5 work. Never had this problem with any other halo game. Why is your website so dangerous, 343/Microsoft?....

I am still encountering connectivity issues on a regular basis with Halo 5.  I bought the game about 3 weeks ago and convinced my brother and a couple friends to buy the game so we could play online together and have a good time.  Every night I play for about a couple hours, usually SWAT or Slayer...and I would say on average I get booted out of a game 1 out of every 3 games and have to sit and wait until they finish the game before I can hopefully join in again.  To summarize the totality of issues I encounter...:

* Halo Fireteam

- Every time we try to get our Fireteam set up, it takes us about 15 minutes to get the whole fireteam together.  We have one person invite everyone to the Fireteam and just from my side of the network, I get the invite and hold the Xbox button to join and at times nothing happens (1 of every 3 times).  This causes me to attempt to 'join' the party leader for the 'friends' menu...from that point, only about 1 of every 4 times do I even have the option to join.  My other friends have this problem as well but less frequently.

* Arena Game Startup

- Once we're all together on the same Fireteam and the party leader starts a game, 1 of every 4 times an error message pops up in red on my screen stating that there is a Halo 5 server error.  This results in the rest of the team starting the game and me ending up (after I hit 'ok' on the error message) sitting in the lobby listening to them play but not being able to join back in the join (I try over and over again while they are playing and the only status I get is at the top of the screen stating "joining game in progress" or something to that affect).  A couple of my friends live together and share the same internet connection (two separate Xbox ones) and have not (in about 100 hours of play) been kicked out of a game.

* Issue during actual Gameplay

- During the game, basically I am playing and all of a sudden my screen freezes for a couple seconds, goes black, then I am staring at the main Arena menu and once again only listening to my teammates playing and after about 20 secs, letting them know that I was removed from the game for no known reason.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

***  I upgraded my internet last year (I think to 50 MBps) so it should be plenty fast enough (as I played all other Halo's on my slower internet speeds with less connectivity issues).

*** I have rebooted my modem many times and have turned the xbox on and off (although not a hard reset, not sure how to do that).  Internet works fine on all other appliances in the house, even watching video (youtube, etc).  I currently turn off Wi-Fi on everything in the house when I play Halo 5 to see if that helps...it doesn't : (

*** I wrote this summary so that it wasn't me complaining (even though I complain at home every night about it) but rather that it would be a summary of useable/valuable information for you to review and act on to hopefully help with your troubleshooting and correction of the issues. 

*** If you know of any immediate solutions that will fix or minimize the issues I am encountering, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!  I am honestly very close to hanging up my Halo hat because all I want to do is have some online fun with my friends and enjoy my time but it is usually clouded with frustration.  The game is Great but if I can't play it online with my friends because of server problems, this will only dissuade me from purchasing future games from 343 and recommending them to friends at home or via media networking and that would only hurt the company image (and profit)...I think it is critical for the company to address these issues as soon as possible so I hope they are getting high visibility and priority...  Please help and at least provide some kind of helpful feedback.

Thx!

To specifically answer questions posted by RedSterRocket91:

* I am in Tucson, AZ

* I mention the frequency of the various issues in my post about but overall on average, about 1 of every 3 times attempted.

* Multiple times per game?  Sometimes, but usually, once I get booted from a game, I can't get back in...see details in my previous post.

* Description of experience:  See my write up

* Xbox DVR, etc?  Im not sure of the question but I have Halo 5 downloaded to my xbox since my disc drive no longer works (worn gears)...maybe that could contribute to the problem???

* Model/Make of router?  I am not at home so don't know other than it is a Motorola Surfboard and is a modem/router...it is about 3 yrs old but was somewhat high end when I bought it.

*  Firmware version of router?  I don't know but if you really need this let me know and I can post it.

*  ISP and bandwidth speeds?  Cox Communications.  Speed is supposed to by 50 Mbps...but once I ran a speed test with an app I found on the app store and it was showing about 27Mbps download speed and a slower upload speed (~ 15 Mbps)

I thought the problem with the whole "ATTENTION there was an issue with the Halo 5:Guardian severs please try again. This happened a few weeks back my service record and everythung in in tact byt it says im rank one have none of my armors this is not funny. I have had no problems this consistent and repetitive with any other halo game, im getting really annoyed i looked forward to this game i bougjt a halo edition xbox one just for this game. And it is screwing me over. Fix it! Other friends in my town have been having the issue one evrn had all his stats reset everything reset. Explain? Fix IT!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Even though we lost this one I've completed 3 commedations this match and then this happens:

I can consider myself a patient player rather than a quitting one, because even after this problem that occurs every single time I play Arena, I keep trying to play. This has been happening throughout january, thats why the ban time has been build up to 7 days. Even on my birthday when I thought I was going to play a few matches with my friends I also got banned, thank you 343....

After contacting my provider and microsoft, forwarding ports and asking for help on forums it's confirmed to me it's not my connection. I'm getting little to no help, but I still want to bring out the word. I know for a fact that there are a lot of players out there that have been through this.

Here are two other videos out of the uncountable times this happened. Can somebody also explain to me how you can get banned for quitting a campaign mission? The same also happen when I played a match of warzone, I get banned In arena which I did not even play. I'm clueless.
-

-

I live in Berlin, Germany and I have lagged out of many warzone games as well as simple slayer games. I have been threatened with a permanent ban by Halo 5 if this continues.

• What region are you located in?
Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany.
  • How often are you experiencing this? (every game, every other game?)
About one in three games on average, sometimes it happens three or four games in a row.
  • Does this happen multiple times per game?
No, I simply lag out if it happens and the game ends. Sometimes there is a little skipping in the video feed a few moments before it ends.
  • Description of your experience (Warping, delayed registration, walking into walls, etc.)
One moment I am playing the game with no issues and the next the screen goes blank and I get returned to war zone matchmaking selection lobby.
  • Xbox DVR / YouTube / Twitch VoD / etc is extremely helpful
I haven't made any videos of this, basically you are playing the game with no problem and the next the screen goes blank. Then you have the loading screen for the lobby.
  • Make / model of your router
Fritz Box 7390
  • Firmware version of your router
FRITZ!OS 06.20
  • ISP & Bandwidth speeds (Up / Down)

ISP is Telefonica Germany, (AKA O2), Down speed = 6.07 Mbps, Up speed = 0.75 Mbps. Latency = between 180 milliseconds and 206 milliseconds.

I have been banned for 10 minutes from halo 5 multiplayer because of all of this lagging out of games, and I have been threatened with getting permanently banned if this continues. So I need to fix this problem ASAP or I won't be able to play at all. Somebody please fix this immediately.

Even though we lost this one I've completed 3 commedations this match and then this happens:

I can consider myself a patient player rather than a quitting one, because even after this problem that occurs every single time I play Arena, I keep trying to play. This has been happening throughout january, thats why the ban time has been build up to 7 days. Even on my birthday when I thought I was going to play a few matches with my friends I also got banned, thank you 343....

After contacting my provider and microsoft, forwarding ports and asking for help on forums it's confirmed to me it's not my connection. I'm getting little to no help, but I still want to bring out the word. I know for a fact that there are a lot of players out there that have been through this.

Here are two other videos out of the uncountable times this happened. Can somebody also explain to me how you can get banned for quitting a campaign mission? The same also happen when I played a match of warzone, I get banned In arena which I did not even play. I'm clueless.
-

-

That's exactly what I got for continuously lagging out of too many warzone games. It happens without any warning. I have lost quite a lot of reqs and boosts because of this as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow even this website has ridiculous bugs! I was trying to create an account, in order to do so you must prove you are human. To do this you must answer a question and type in a number hidden within an image. The number was easy to see. The question was easy and I know the answer was right. However, I kept getting promoted with a message saying my answer was not acceptable. Absurd! The whole reason I wanted to create an account is to say 343 needs to fix their severs. Or at least not penalize individuals who are trying to play the game as it was intended, and for no particular reason get dropped out of the server. I reserved the stupid "banhammer" for something I can't control. That is ridiculous. 343, fix it, or give me a full refund

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This isn't really a connection problem but when I go on Ranked Arena there are no games and it says FB:ErrorString next to a little exclamation mark. And also says matchmaking rules in effect for misconduct, please someone respond to this comment as this is really annoying and cannot play ranked arena.

Thanks for helping.