Connection Problems in Halo 5

RedStarRocket91

I am a TWC customer in the Albany NY area with 36/6 and can not play multiplayer or campaign with friends. I have tried multiple things, opened ports, etc... nothing works. Other games like Destiny, Gears of War, Forza, the list goes on... work perfectly fine but Halo 5 does not work at all. Please fix this 

my internet service provider is time warner cable and i live in ohio. everytime i log in to halo 5 to play an arena match, there are extreme amounts of lag. people will just run into walls and not stop and i can shoot my gun and not run out of ammo, also my respawn timer will get stuck if i happen to lag out when i get killed. after about 1 minute of people running into walls, everything goes back to normal and i end up respawning or dead. the ONLY reason i bought an xboxone was so i could play Halo. I'm extremely disappointed that halo 5 is currently unplayable for me. please fix this fast.

From Northeast Ohio and my ISP is Time Warner. Having the same issues as others, I get into a game and the lag lasts about a minute or so with other players just running into walls. Once the lag disappears Im usually dead, and it happens throughout the entire match. Every once and a while Ill be able to play a game or two without lag, but 99% of the time its just unplayable lag. I own my modem and router, the modem is the Surfboard SB6141 and the router is an Asus RT-N66U, which I know for a fact aren't causing the issue. I can do anything else internet related minus Halo 5. My Down speed is 36 and my Up speed is 6, with no packet loss. I'm wired into the router, and I have a static IP, all Xbox ports are forwarded, the router firewall is turned off and UPnP is turned off. I had these issues before I did the port forward and changed the UPnP setting. I've hard reset my modem, router and xbox. I called Time Warner, and of course they haven't heard of the issue, yet they were quick to give me xbox supports number, which I called but they are closed. Day 1 of lauch I had zero issues, this all started Wednesday evening and has continued since. I fully understand if there's a server or route backend issue with 343i, Xbox and/or Time Warner, these things do happen at launches, I'm just looking for an update that says all major parties are aware a problem exist and its being looked into. Also, when I Google this problem, 99% of the issue seems to lie with Time Warner customers via Reddit threads. The thing that gets me, is that my brother that lives in Texas and my friend 2 miles down the road both have Time Warner and they have zero issues.

I just want to  keep this thread alive until we get some answers on how this issue can be solved. It seems to only occur with MCC halo 3 for me and Halo 5, all other games work completely fine.

Stats:

time warner cable

50/5 40 ms ping

modem ARRIS surboard SB6141

router - TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

I'm also experiencing quite a bit of lag. I'll be teleported to a spot I ran from earlier in either the campaign or MP match to have it "correct itself" and get me killed immediately. I've been dropped multiple times from both campaign and MP as well. I'm from central Ohio and I haven't done much yet to test out if I can get this working, but after seeing this thread and my brother telling me he's been having the same issues with the same down speed of 30mbps with Time Warner, so I assumed there wouldn't be much I could actually do at home.

Thanks for doing this OP!

Totally mind blowing that no one from 343 has commented on this whatsoever since 10/28.  I've updating my firmware on my router, removed my router from the equation by singling out my XBone.  Port forwarded, changed DNS, QoS.  Damn near anything and everything I can do on my side.  

343 you need to own this issue.  Acknowledge it at least if you have it pinned down yet.  A thread saying "hey if you have connection trouble post here" is inadequate at best.  Your CS staff will be hearing from me soon in regards to a return if you can't at least get out in front of this, and act like you give 2 shakes.

• Like 1

I also have this issue in Southern Califor ia. The multiplayer has been pretty much unplayable for me. Since I have been trying a lot, and doing everything under the sun to fix it, my KDA is already destroyed. I have only finished like 15 games since the launch, all of those I never actually saw them finish cause I was lagging to death. I have a physical copy woth Time Warner Cable. I seriously don't understand how the hell they haven't said anything at all about this game breakin issue.

I am from the Western part Kentucky in the U.S. and have my internet service through Time Warner Cable.

I have not been able to play a single online match without getting kicked out of matches or the match lagging uncontrollably.

Other games that i play such as Destiny have no connectivity issues what-so-ever. My NAT is Open and have had no other issues except from Halo 5.

I really hope this issue is fixed so i can play on one of my most favorite franchises of all time. 

Hope my response will help the process of fixing it along

PLEASE FIX

TWC subscriber, Rochester, NY. 50Mbs/10Mbps, ARRIS CM820: 

I only have connectivity issues with Halo 5. I do not experiencing any problems with any other games, or services on my connection. I have 2 other friends whom live in this area, and also are TWC subscribers that are also experiencing the same connectivity problems.

I have disabled UPnP, and implemented Static forwarding, although this certainly should not be intentional, as most personal home networks have many devices connected which would rely on the UPnP protocols functionality...

I have by-passed my personal network infrastructure and connected the Xbox directly to the modem; with no change in results.

• Like 1

This is ******* bull****.

Time Warner is blaming Microsoft here : http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Connectivity/Horrible-lag-and-disconnects/m-p/85689

This is what my Warzone connection looks like:

i0Gi4kQ.png

Blue valleys corresponding to zero in game connection of course.

The same kinds of drops happen in co-op campaign even though the bandwidth appears to be a tiny fraction.

I want a refund for this piece of garbage.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with TWC in Louisville, KY. Game freezing 30-60 seconds at a time and massive lag spikes all game long. I am not surprised TWC is blaming Microsoft. I have more bad news for you all. I have had the exact same problem with halo MCC for 11 months. I highly doubt this will ever be resolved. If you want to play any game on a Microsoft dedicated server i assume our only choice will be to switch to another ISP. Time Warner will blame Microsoft and vice versa. I doubt there are enough people having this problem that either company cares or will lose any substatntial amount of money over it. 

I've found that mostly Time Warner Cable customers are having this issue, but there are exceptions. I was over at a friends house and he has the exact same set-up as me, with one exception: He had purchased his own modem, and he was having no issues. So that leads me to wonder if it's not the ISP but the common technology they use?

Does anyone else, that is running into this issue, have an ARRIS Modem? More specifically, what model, if you do?

This problem seemed to start for me the 2nd or 3rd day halo 5 was out.

Same as everyone else for about 15 to 40 seconds sometime with in a match I will lose connection it seems and walk into walls. Seems to happen when ever it feels like it. 

I have TWC in Rochester NY area. I also have the new dashboard if it seems to make a difference. 

Tried just about everything to see if it would fix the problem and nothing, All other games seem to work fine.

Super disappointed with this, was super excited for halo and this is just driving it into the ground for me. Hope this is fixed soon.

• Like 1

Similar issue with multiplayer. Haven't been able to play online since I bought the game 3 days ago. (Campaign works fine) Everytime I try and start a Game whether it is warzone or arena etc. it finds a match and starts to load it and can even hear other players in the match talking in the lobby but then it kicks me off and says that I have been disconnected from servers. Internet connection is fine and NAT is open. Very aggravating, to the point I'm simply counting down the days till BO3 releases. 343 dropped the ball on this one!!

Charter ISP

Georgia

It's not only a problem with twc. i dont understand why 343 hasn't posted anything about this. ive looked in different fourms for 2 days and have only seen this has been a problem since day one. Especially for me, Hoping to find a needle in the haystack. All i can find is the layer of crap they have thrown on everyone by not acknowledging the issue and they are looking into it. Try something new that we haven't thought to do like ohhh find the problem on your end. I cant play multiplayer nor can i play campaign because they "could not find a server that was suitable for all members in your fireteam." I'm the only person on my fireteam.

I'm noticing most multiplayer games I join have enemies and teamates running into walls. After a while I get booted or have to quit. Many times my controls and movements are lagging as well. I've noticed similar problems with AI running into walls in co-op campaign. I don't have any other devices using internet and my speeds are 30 down 5 up. I've never had connection problems with other games on xbox one and I have an open NAT as well. My ISP is Time Warner Cable and I'm located in Upstate NY.

ISP: TWC
Gateway: Arris DG1670
Symptoms:
As many indicate, everything is fine except at random times during Halo 5.
For me, I seem to be really lucky.  I can play many hours in a row with no issues, with most of my friends being on the East coast (if that means anything).  To my knowledge, none of them have TWC as a provider (most have Comcast, AT&T or some local thing).

The thing that is odd to me is that the lag happens mid match.  I can be in Warzone for 12 minutes and then only suddenly start lagging.  It sometimes subsides after a few minutes, but can sometimes take the rest of the match and persist for a while.

For instance, tonight I did Warzone and only started lagging halfway through, till the end.  I rebooted my router, waited for my friends to end a game, then joined them for Breakout.  The first four rounds of Breakout we won, and I did not lag.  Then it hit hard.  I was rubberbanding everywhere and people were sliding into walls and shooting at nothing.  We lost the next four rounds.  I even got into a hilarious reload loop for like 45s.  One of my friends (not on TWC) even reported that the round indicator showed nothing but blank squares, so I'm not even sure it was 100% me?  Suddenly it cleared up on the 9th round and we won (fancy that).

Interestingly enough I can simulate a similar problem.  I went into a custom match and uploaded a huge video to youtube (1 hour long, like 15 gigs in total) and while it was destroying my upstream I encountered similar behavior.  Or, at least, I was rubberband warping a lot.  My friends didn't run into walls or shoot endlessly like what happens during the weird lag spikes, so I'm not sure what you can take out of that but I wanted to point that difference out.

i'am having issues with the online i can't even join a match or even join my friends in coop mode at all. i just talked to my internet provider and they said my internet connection is fine same with any other online game i have is also fine.  this is just like when i bought the master chief collection the online didnt work either and havent played since.  will there be a fix soon because i want to play.  gamertag, redcent man2

• Like 1

Hello another not so happy TIme warner cable customer experiencing massive lag issues in the game. I will see the timer stop and everyone is running into walls for minutes at a time. It makes the game very unplayable and makes me furious because this is the only game I have ever had lag issues with on Xbox one. This happens in campaign and every game type. I bought the game strictly for the multiplayer and spent the extra cash for the limited edition. It makes for a pretty expensive paper weight at this moment and it isn't even heavy enough to do that job. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this monstrosity? Frustrations aside I do love the game and everything the company has done with it and appreciate everything you guys at 343 have done and are doing. I am a game developer so I know how frustrating issues like this can be for you guys as well :). Gamer tag is Geeky Tahm