Halo 5 on PC is "absolutely within the bounds of reason" says O'Connor

Adam91

GameRadar sat down with 343's franchise director Frank O'Connor to discuss topics relating to Halo 5: Guardians for a live stream interview.

TUG7Xv7.png

During the interview a question was raised regarding the possibility of Halo 5 being brought over to PC which O'Connor states that "There is plenty of chance Halo 5 could appear on the PC". He went on to say "Nothing to announce at this point, but it’s absolutely within the bounds of reason." Many PC gaming enthusiast Halo fans have asked for PC releases since the announcement of Halo 3 as Halo 2 was the last major title to release on PC

Since then the only Halo titles that have released world wide on PC have been Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike. But there is Halo Online, however Halo Online seems it will only available in Russia, but it's unknown if it will stay in Russia. 

In the interview Frank O'Connor stated "We developed the game on an Intel platform. It wouldn’t be the hardest thing in the world to move it to PC and take advantage of PC stuff. But nothing to announce today." The next title confirmed for PC is Halo Wars 2, which was announced in August and is set for a 2016 release. 

Any PC gamers out there feeling optimistic for a PC release of Halo 5? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts on this news.

Source: IGN

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6

Would definitely love to see H5 move to the PC at some point in the future: I can't see there ever being a parallel release with consoles, but perhaps if it were a timed exclusive for a few months? That way Microsoft wins because there's still the impetus for people to buy an X1, which is obviously important for them, gamers win because we get a choice of platforms, and Halo wins because it increases its appeal and popularity, and might even help the competitive scene.

I still don't think its going to happen but at least its being talked about. :)

Because you know, it would be really cool if it did happen.

It always get's talked about.  There is nothing new about "lip service", especially from Frank.  If I had a dollar for every time someone at Bungie, 343i or MGS said a Halo PC release was possible.... I would be a fricken millionaire!

Batman - Posted Today, 07:26 PM

I want H5 on the PC, not some crappy port, but I'm something worth the time and effort.

Porting over a game is not at all easy.  No port is ever perfect as in "mirror copy" concerning it's console counterpart.  Mostly due to the game engine and assets being compiled and optimized for use on console hardware.  There will always be huge syntax and handling errors that will cause porting issues.

Legend1221 -Posted Today, 03:42 PM

Think it's a bit late now, unless they make a serious port

When it comes to Halo, Microsoft has always been very careful to keep the series "Console Only" for strictly monetary reasons.  As for timing specifically, Halo ports always followed the console release by a year or more.  It's not too late to talk about a port for a future release.  Serious or not, it takes a big commitment to make a port and the only company besides Gearbox that could pull it off with marginal or at best 90% accuracy to console success would be Sabre Interactive.

I'm all for a PC Halo title, and no Halo Wars 2 or the shotty Halo Online doesn't even come close.  One thing to remember about Halo PC titles, is that the game itself due to the PC arena, would require a solid HEK (Halo Editing Kit) in order for it to be useful on PC.  Looking at things now, who would have thought that Halo CE PC has a more steady and regular clientele than any other Halo game on console aside from Reach and 4....and it's been 15 years!!!!!

If Microsoft wants to seriously make additional money and open up the huge amount of support and replay value ONLY the PC community can afford to give, then it needs to make it happen soon.  For far too long have PC gamers heard the whispers only to be proven a false prophet and wolf in sheeps clothing.  Microsoft and it's inapt employees like to talk big about what they can and can't do...but fail miserably as usual when it comes time to prove what they dish out their pie holes.  I'm reserving the most skepticism on this one, as it just seems like another one liner delivered directly to do nothing but shut up the mass of PC gamers that flood their inboxes and forums.

*Cries inside*

"There is plenty of chance Halo 5 could appear on the PC". He went on to say "Nothing to announce at this point, but it’s absolutely within the bounds of reason."

FRANKIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :(