What language options will there be?

helix427

I'm an american living in germany and although I can speak german I would prefer to play Halo 5 in english. I can pre order it from amazon.co.uk but that only uses standard shipping, so it will take 3 days to deliver. I can buy the german version, but I'm not sure if there will be language options availible, and if so if I will have to set the location of the whole xbox to ireland in order for halo to work in english. If I have to do THAT then my credit card won't work because the xbox only allows one to enter credit cards from the area where the xbox is registered. Does anyone know what kind of language options I will have and how they will work if I buy the german version of the game?

I'm an american living in germany and although I can speak german I would prefer to play Halo 5 in english. I can pre order it from amazon.co.uk but that only uses standard shipping, so it will take 3 days to deliver. I can buy the german version, but I'm not sure if there will be language options availible, and if so if I will have to set the location of the whole xbox to ireland in order for halo to work in english. If I have to do THAT then my credit card won't work because the xbox only allows one to enter credit cards from the area where the xbox is registered. Does anyone know what kind of language options I will have and how they will work if I buy the german version of the game?

As far as I know there has been no info on the options available so far sadly.

So the only thing you can do is keep asking around to see if someone who does have the game early can tell you, or wait until release. :)

Historically, all Halo titles have been shipped with 9 different multilingual unicode string options - meaning 9 different languages.  Said languages are as follows...

0 - English

1 - Japanese

2 - German

3 - French

4 - Spanish

5 - Italian

6 - Korean

7 - Chinese

8 - Portuguese

Depending on what region your console is set to use, THAT will be the system's primary language display and you will have to change German > English within the games settings.  Never have I seen a locked language setting for discs based on where in the world they are sold.  Language settings will always be changeable.

• Like 1