Staff Member Demotion

The Director

Whoa.. Always terrifying when the banhammer comes down in permaban form.

It's unfortunate, but sets an example to the rest of the community that we don't play favourites with members within the Staff and Moderator ranks.

If you break the rules, regardless of who you are, the punishment will be set accordingly. If you play by the rules, we're more than happy to have you around.

• Like 3

It's unfortunate, but sets an example to the rest of the community that we don't play favourites with members within the Staff and Moderator ranks.

If you break the rules, regardless of who you are, the punishment will be set accordingly. If you play by the rules, we're more than happy to have you around.

And this is why I party by myself. No-one gets offended that way.

Well this is quite a shock to hear about, however rules are rules. Even if he did bring us news for a long time, and was an active member, rules are rules. They are set up as guidelines, and newer members usually look up to the older staff members, staff and mods.

Thanks for the update TD.

That's a good way of handling it, though. I've been apart of multiple sites where staff members receive special protections and are allowed to do things that other members may get penalized for. Like, an Admin can insult and shout at a normal user, but if the user says anything back, he/she gets banned. That's more common than you think. I'm glad to see this forum doesn't have that nonsense, you treat all members with equal expectations and that's how it should be. There should be zero tolerance for double standards.

• Like 6

In all honesty, I think rules were meant to be broken. (No offense)

Wow, that's low, you just took the Pepsi logo from my profile. I'M THE PEPSI GUY, NOT YOU! (jk, jk)

But on a serious note, rules exist to maintain order. If they were meant to be broken, why would anyone try to incorporate them? Kinda obvious.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

It's an absolute shame to see him go, but I wish him the best in the future. His offense is shameful but it can be redeemed through hard work and dedication. This flourishing community will sorely miss him, in game nights, in its news section, and in the liveliest times of shoutboxing, but I hope this time away helps him regale his actions and recover his reputation. 

• Like 4