Official weekly site poll #3!

post-26953-0-47230500-1442112743_thumb.j

Hello there ladies, welcome to the official weekly site poll #3 hosted by me and Kenway! This is the poll where we ask you about your opinion on (mostly) current events and give you back the most popular opinion the next week.

"But guys, you left about a two week gap between this poll and the last. What gives?!"

You're right and we sicerely apologize for the delay. Kenway's PC decided to go kaboom and my schedule has just been flooded. But we're here now!

Last week we asked you about your thoughts on the REQ packs.

Most of you seemed fine with it as long as it is balanced properly. A reply that stood out to me was made by Bnus who focussed more on the gameplay aspect of the matter.

I stated my answer back in the article but I love the REQ Packs and potential they have. I love the idea of variations on weapons and vehicles and what team combinations can happen. Its just a novel idea that I get to have a slightly faster but weaker warthog to use on an objective run or a higher zoom sniper to sit back from a farther range(these aren't confirmed cards just predictions.). All of it just changes the dynamic of the game when you and your team see an "speedyhog" it makes you react differently then a normal Hog and I like that. It adds a layer of procedural randomness into Warzone and keeps things fresh because you never know what variations the enemy team will throw at you and you're going to have to react differently according to the situation. 

Thank you all for your responses! Now let's talk about this weeks topic.

E5gtt0F.jpg?1

Which is

We've finally got a bit of information about Forge in Halo 5 and so I want to know what you're hopes and dreams are as well as your biggest fear. And how do you all feel about Forge coming in 2 months later instead of at launch?

Let us know down below!

Thank you all for reading!

~UP & EK

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

Forge finally got showcased with the news that its coming in 2 months later, I'm not surprised it took this long to hear about it but while it seems impressive, we only got a small sideways glance at it and most of the information we got is comments from the people who actually were allowed to test it so its hard to say what it'll be like when we haven't exactly seen much of it at all like what objects etc will be in it and whether palettes *glances at Halo 4* will actually be a feature as in whether we want something to look Forerunner-esque or UNSC themed etc. Regarding the 2 month wait though, it'd better be worth the wait but if "its the biggest Forge ever" is true that'll mean once MASSIVE update so I really hope that Halo 5 isn't as big as MCC or else I'll need to buy that Halo 5 console for the extra storage space as I don't have much space left on mine.

• Like 1

Since 343 apparently want to make the biggest forge ever and make it good, they'll have to take those extra two months.

It doesn't really bother me. I'll have Campaign and Multi player to keep be bust until December.

• Like 1

i dont forge too often but i do really like it. even though im not good either.

but i really like how its going to be a two month wait before we get it so it doesnt come with a lot of lag and many glitches

id much rather wait for a more complete game

i feel that the new forge mode will be good and has so much potential and imagination for everyone, but seeing the video of the glimpse of it, i also feel it might be in a way too complex. atleast for me.

but it will be fun to experiement with it ad see what i and others can create

• Like 1

Forge has always been a staple of Halo to me, and yes newer additions to the franchise can be staples too. So in that regard, yeah I'm disappointed I can't weld a man cannon to a soccer ball, add spikes, and create the sickest gamemode to ever hit Halo. But I also thought Halos 1, 2, and 3 were staples of the franchise and to see them in such disarray in MCC really bothered me. Point being, I'm cool with a small delay like that as long as it launches stable. It'd have been kickass to be in at-launch, but stability > release in my eyes.

• Like 3

The player base will decline faster in those 2 months without forged mini-games. Competitve players won't have forged maps like Simplex or whatever, and mathmacking won't be getting a forge playlist anytime soon. 

This can be good because we're getting a better quality forge product, but it depends on how the customs playerbase reacts. 

• Like 2

@Delpen9

I think 2 months should see us through just fine without too much decline. Forge maps are implemented at launch, all Breakout maps are forged remember. So that shouldn't be too much of an issue either. 

• Like 1

@Delpen9

very good point

it could decline some but i dont think it will too much im sure people will have patients

not saying all people do though

i feel that not getting forge right away will make it better and more complete than it used to be

every other release we had forge at launch (from whe it began in halo 3)

but there were certain things that either werent good and had a lot of issues to be implemented when a forger made it or a concept just didnt work correctly no matter what they did

i feel with halo 5 and the xbox one it will be able to be updated after release if there are any issues

• Like 1

To me, Forge isn't at all a big deal. I'm not a major forger myself, and we can have a great game without it. Whilst custom games are nothing without Forge and some great ideas are brought to life because of it, the actual multiplayer and campaign are not affected by Forge. I also see it as a good thing that Forge is coming out 2 months later, this shows us how much effort 343 are putting into things...either that or they're just behind schedule. In all honesty, I think this is going to be an amazing Forge, possibly the best. One thing I'd prefer to have sorted is the rendering issue in Halo 4 and MCC, causing the user to take a few seconds converting from monitor mode to soldier. It proved to be irritating when working in Forge.

• Like 1

The fact that forge isn't coming out 2 months after the game comes out says to me that Halo 5 is being pushed out to meet a deadline and not finished.

And people will have to rely on the vanilla maps being decent for custom games.

Not necessarily. 

Just because Forge is delayed doesn't mean the game is rushed. Delaying Forge means that putting Forge in the game October 27th would've give a rushed, broken and laggy Forge. So by releasing it in December, they will provide (hopefully) a fully finished and fully functional system.

Vanilla maps can and do supply decent custom games. If you don't like the maps for customs then go play Multiplayer or Campaign (or something else entirely)

Not necessarily. 

Just because Forge is delayed doesn't mean the game is rushed. Delaying Forge means that putting Forge in the game October 27th would've give a rushed, broken and laggy Forge. So by releasing it in December, they will provide (hopefully) a fully finished and fully functional system.

Vanilla maps can and do supply decent custom games. If you don't like the maps for customs then go play Multiplayer or Campaign (or something else entirely)

If the game isn't rushed, why isn't forge ready to ship on release?  

@Ledgend1221

They might not want to delay a game that has had a set release date for this long for just one feature in the game while they can easily patch it in later. Of course it is possible that MS has set the release date a tad too early causing this to happen.