Have a listen to Halo 5's main theme.

Adam91

Seems like they're going with the dramatic feel this time around; At least the theme still sounds like Halo.

But yeah, I didn't know it was shipping for the 27th. Now I'm really scared about spoilers and such. So I'm probably gonna go dark here in a minute.

• Like 1

I hope 343 industries will see this please help me guys

Hello my names is Markus Anthony trimmer I just wanted to say thank you for all your guys hard work and dedication that you have but into the halo series. I'm a huge fan and I can honestly say halo has changed my life. I have been play it since I can remember. Halo combat evolved was the first game I ever finished and a kid. Halo 2 was the first time I experienced playing games with my friends and all the fun we had. Halo 3 was the first game that ever made me cry. And halo reach changed my life completely. From waiting out in the cold rain to play halo odst when the truck came around. Halo is honestly what kept me saine. I grew up in a very broken home with constant fighting and pain from a broken home. Halo was a game I could escape into when times were tough. I wasn't a kid crying in my room during my parents fighting. I was a super solider saving the world. Battling the aliens and saving the galaxy from destruction. It's what kept me going master chief was my hero. I bought all the halo book learning about the universe. Buying that halo figures and desolating them probably to my friends. Waiting in line with my friends at GameStop to get my next adventure into master Chiefs life. When I heard halo 3 was the last game I was devastated. He was gone I didn't know how to feel. I cried so much at the end of halo 3. When I heard 343 industries was established and pick up halo for a fourth game I cried. My hero was back I was so excited. I was as if chief came back from the dead. And it was well worth the wait. Halo has had a huge inpact on my life in other ways to. I met my wife playing halo reach. It was incredible just a random person that I had no idea about. I would have never met her if it wasn't for halo. I living in New Jersey and her in Quebec Canada. We became friends and played every knight after work. We takes for hours while we play firefight swat and tdm and grift ball. We eventually met up and became boyfriend and girlfriend and your games helped us stay connected when halo 4 came out that was the main way we communicated. It was our way of talking to one another on a daily basis. Other people would call or texted or skyped. We played halo. You have had such a huge inpact on my life. We then got married legally threw a court house and hope one day to have a halo themed wedding and get halo ring world rings lol. she may not be able to work cuz she is not yet a citizen but she visits from time to time. I'm currently working on getting her here legally so we can start our life( though it's expensive lol) I cannot forget what brought us together. What helped me become the person I am today. I'm currently trying to repay you guys. I work at GameStop in new jersey and I am constantly telling people my story of how halo changed my life. I tell people about that halo master chief collection and about how awesome halo 5 guardians will be. I get a lot of preorders for you guys like that lol. I also traded in my xbox one day one system to get the halo 5 guardians special edition Xbox one bundle with master chief controller lol but I have to pay it off first lol. But I just wanted to stay thank you so much for giving me the life I have. And I am trying my best to thank you. Though I feel I could never repay you guys for all the happiness and future love you have brought my over my 24 year life spand. I am truly in your debt. From a very dedicated fan for many years and so much more to come I and my wife thank you. Markus Anthony trimmer.

• Like 4

As much as I liked this theme it just annoys me that 343 sucked up to the fans went to make more "classic" Halo music.

I really liked Halo 4's music just as much as 3 and 2 ( well aside from the monk chanting one, you cant beat that! )

Its a new saga it should have a new style, but whatever.

Its still sounds really good so I suppose that's the main point. :)

• Like 1

As much as I liked this theme it just annoys me that 343 sucked up to the fans went to make more "classic" Halo music.

I really liked Halo 4's music just as much as 3 and 2 ( well aside from the monk chanting one, you cant beat that! )

Its a new saga it should have a new style, but whatever.

Its still sounds really good so I suppose that's the main point. :)

Just because it's a new saga doesn't mean Halo's main theme should be scrapped. It would be like getting rid of the Star Wars theme or the Terminator theme. It was music that really gave the series it's own unique identity. Plus we're still with the main character, Master Chief. His story continued on directly after Halo 3, so it's not like we've entered this entirely whole new part of the Halo universe with a whole new character.

Just because it's a new saga doesn't mean Halo's main theme should be scrapped. It would be like getting rid of the Star Wars theme or the Terminator theme. It was music that really gave the series it's own unique identity. Plus we're still with the main character, Master Chief. His story continued on directly after Halo 3, so it's not like we've entered this entirely whole new part of the Halo universe with a whole new character.

"so it's not like we've entered this entirely whole new part of the Halo universe with a whole new character"

It is.

If you know my thoughts on the Story of the Halo Trilogy you know what's coming next....

Ahem, IT SUCKS! :)

The characters were nothing but one dimensional with Master Chief himself being as interesting as paint drying with its only redeeming qualities being the gameplay and soundtrack.

So thank the Nine that Bungie left and 343 came into and created a franchise that is actually interesting game wise. (Because all Bungie had was the books)

So yes, Halo 4 was an entirely new part/step for the Halo universe in a positive direction. Chief wasn't even a character anyway (Game wise) As all he said as a few cheap one liners. At least in Halo 4, he talks and actually has character and his character actually makes sense.

I mean, HE DOES NOT EVEN CARE HE JUST LEFT CORTANA TO GET TAKEN BY GRAVEMIND!

Edited by Trainus The Ace

"so it's not like we've entered this entirely whole new part of the Halo universe with a whole new character"

It is.

If you know my thoughts on the Story of the Halo Trilogy you know what's coming next....

Ahem, IT SUCKS! :)

The characters were nothing but one dimensional with Master Chief himself being as interesting as paint drying with its only redeeming qualities being the gameplay and soundtrack.

So thank the Nine that Bungie left and 343 came into and created a franchise that is actually interesting game wise. (Because all Bungie had was the books)

So yes, Halo 4 was an entirely new part/step for the Halo universe in a positive direction. Chief wasn't even a character anyway (Game wise) As all he said as a few cheap one liners. At least in Halo 4, he talks and actually has character and his character actually makes sense.

I mean, HE DOES NOT EVEN CARE HE JUST LEFT CORTANA TO GET TAKEN BY GRAVEMIND!

What I mean is we're still with the Chief, yes we're seeing a new side to him with more character development and a more dramatic story. But he's still the Chief who we've played as for years in Halo. I'm still not sure why you think the Halo them shouldn't be in it. Because you don't like Bungie's story or character development? Anyway there will be plenty of other tracks that will bring a new style. Having the main theme surely isn't going to prevent that.

What I mean is we're still with the Chief, yes we're seeing a new side to him with more character development and a more dramatic story. But he's still the Chief who we've played as for years in Halo. I'm still not sure why you think the Halo them shouldn't be in it. Because you don't like Bungie's story or character development? Anyway there will be plenty of other tracks that will bring a new style. Having the main theme surely isn't going to prevent that.

This is a new chapter in the Halo series, the whole monk chanting thing was the Halo Trilogies thing. The music for Halo 4, 5 and 6 should be much different because its a new chapter.

That's it. :)

Who says the monk chant was just for the trilogy? It's the halo theme, it can be used anywhere.

Well that's just how I feel about it.

Monk chanting should have stayed in the original Halo trilogy I think. :)

As I said, its a new chapter in a new trilogy/saga so the music has to be different.

i really like this, it brings back some of the memories but gives a new feeling and introduces a new chapter pretty much saying its time to let go of the old trilogy

I hope 343 industries will see this please help me guys
Hello my names is Markus Anthony trimmer I just wanted to say thank you for all your guys hard work and dedication that you have but into the halo series. I'm a huge fan and I can honestly say halo has changed my life. I have been play it since I can remember. Halo combat evolved was the first game I ever finished and a kid. Halo 2 was the first time I experienced playing games with my friends and all the fun we had. Halo 3 was the first game that ever made me cry. And halo reach changed my life completely. From waiting out in the cold rain to play halo odst when the truck came around. Halo is honestly what kept me saine. I grew up in a very broken home with constant fighting and pain from a broken home. Halo was a game I could escape into when times were tough. I wasn't a kid crying in my room during my parents fighting. I was a super solider saving the world. Battling the aliens and saving the galaxy from destruction. It's what kept me going master chief was my hero. I bought all the halo book learning about the universe. Buying that halo figures and desolating them probably to my friends. Waiting in line with my friends at GameStop to get my next adventure into master Chiefs life. When I heard halo 3 was the last game I was devastated. He was gone I didn't know how to feel. I cried so much at the end of halo 3. When I heard 343 industries was established and pick up halo for a fourth game I cried. My hero was back I was so excited. I was as if chief came back from the dead. And it was well worth the wait. Halo has had a huge inpact on my life in other ways to. I met my wife playing halo reach. It was incredible just a random person that I had no idea about. I would have never met her if it wasn't for halo. I living in New Jersey and her in Quebec Canada. We became friends and played every knight after work. We takes for hours while we play firefight swat and tdm and grift ball. We eventually met up and became boyfriend and girlfriend and your games helped us stay connected when halo 4 came out that was the main way we communicated. It was our way of talking to one another on a daily basis. Other people would call or texted or skyped. We played halo. You have had such a huge inpact on my life. We then got married legally threw a court house and hope one day to have a halo themed wedding and get halo ring world rings lol. she may not be able to work cuz she is not yet a citizen but she visits from time to time. I'm currently working on getting her here legally so we can start our life( though it's expensive lol) I cannot forget what brought us together. What helped me become the person I am today. I'm currently trying to repay you guys. I work at GameStop in new jersey and I am constantly telling people my story of how halo changed my life. I tell people about that halo master chief collection and about how awesome halo 5 guardians will be. I get a lot of preorders for you guys like that lol. I also traded in my xbox one day one system to get the halo 5 guardians special edition Xbox one bundle with master chief controller lol but I have to pay it off first lol. But I just wanted to stay thank you so much for giving me the life I have. And I am trying my best to thank you. Though I feel I could never repay you guys for all the happiness and future love you have brought my over my 24 year life spand. I am truly in your debt. From a very dedicated fan for many years and so much more to come I and my wife thank you. Markus Anthony trimmer.

really cool story glad to hear it

im glad halo has changed your life because it changed mine too

I knew Jinnouchi would take care of us. I've always paid close attention to the music in games, and I think Halo made me that way. Hearing Marty's work was like something I had never heard before when I first played Halo CE. I really think his music attributed to the first 3 games success a lot more than people think. That's why with Halo 4's music, I can't say I didn't like it but I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in it. Neil Davidge was Ok, but Jinnouchi's tracks stood out, 117 in particular.

I'm so glad he's chosen the 50/50 route. Honoring the past of Marty's work while adding on to the already started future of Halo's music. I can't wait to hear all the tracks in full.

• Like 2

If that is true then I suppose I can be satisfied.

I just wish it could all be a new style.... :D

Welp we cant have it all......

Well Halo 4 had an entirely new style of music and introduced completely new soundtracks (except the Unforgotten remake) so there isn't a reason to doubt Halo 5's music. It's not like we're going to be getting remakes of all the tracks from Halo CE-3, it's all gonna be new.

The biggest thing I enjoyed was hearing '117' from Halo 4 returning as the 'Blue Team' cover. 117 was by far one of the best tracks from Halo, hopefully Blue Team's full version will be just as good if not better.