The Semi-weekly site poll eight

Caboose The Ace

Guess what time it is?

Weekly site poll time, ohhhhh yheah!

2581525-the_master_chief_halo_547518_283 

Master Chief has been the Halo series main protagonist since the very beginning. Now with Halo 5 only a mere 28 days ahead of the posting of this poll, a new trailer for the game has been released. https://youtu.be/SENJV2_XuLM

So in a tie in with that trailer I ask you all.

Do you think the Master Chief will die in Halo 5 Guardians?

And thatttts a wrap for this week folks,until next time!

Voting shall end on October 5th.
If you have any suggestions or criticism, feel free to pm me. :)

• Like 6

No, I think this is all for dramatic effect. This is definitely another thing just feeding that second part of the 'Hunt the Truth' campaign ;). I don't think Locke would be massively chasing after Chief, only for him to just die after one game. We wouldn't want this to be unthought out mess like the SW prequels.

It is my personal opinion that he will catch up to Chief at least once, maybe even twice and he will escape. I think this chase is going to span multiple games to be honest. It is pretty interesting to think of it from a media perspective actually. 343 know what they are doing here, this was all planned. This is one of the biggest things that has happened in the Halo franchise in a very long time, it has lied dormant for a while but now look at it. Since 'Hunt the Truth' it has gotten the whole community alive again, I mean look it has got the whole forum talking; with all of these (awesome btw) polls. This is a huge event and definitely makes for a lot of questions to be asked by the community. This game is going to bring the community back. And I have known this from day one!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

It's very possible that they kill him off this time around. They've made it to where his only tie to the universe now is Blue Team, and he would do anything to make sure they survive whatever's coming.

I think there's about a 75% chance of him dying this time around due to the addition of a new protagonist, killing off of Cortana, and the extreme hintage they've been giving.

There's a 25% chance that the hintage is to give us a false twist and that Master Chief survives.

• Like 5

It's very possible that they kill him off this time around. They've made it to where his only tie to the universe now is Blue Team, and he would do anything to make sure they survive whatever's coming.

I think there's about a 75% chance of him dying this time around due to the addition of a new protagonist, killing off of Cortana, and the extreme hintage they've been giving.

There's a 25% chance that the hintage is to give us a false twist and that Master Chief survives.

That is also a very good point, from a media perspective they have also carried all of the steps that would hint towards him being killed off. Very good point TD and one I actually wish that I had thought about, it would be an interesting study indeed, if you combined both of our points together :D! Maybe 343 aren't even trying to save the veteran side of the community and they are actually, quite literally just going to kill off Chief and move on to the newer generation of Halo fans (spawned by Halo 4) just for moneys sake.

Very interesting point, thank you for bringing this perspective into it. It has definitely gotten me thinking and sitting on the fence a little bit more when it comes to this discussion now  :D!

Either way, one thing is for certain: this game is definitely going to get the community to comeback and thrive again :).

• Like 1

That is also a very good point, from a media perspective they have also carried all of the steps that would hint towards him being killed off. Very good point TD and one I actually wish that I had thought about, it would be an interesting study indeed, if you combined both of our points together biggrin.png! Maybe 343 aren't even trying to save the veteran side of the community and they are actually, quite literally just going to kill off Chief and move on to the newer generation of Halo fans (spawned by Halo 4) just for moneys sake.

Very interesting point, thank you for bringing this perspective into it. It has definitely gotten me thinking and sitting on the fence a little bit more when it comes to this discussion now  biggrin.png!

Either way, one thing is for certain: this game is definitely going to get the community to comeback and thrive again smile.png.

I was actually thinking that this thing could be a Metal Gear Solid 2 like twist.

At the start of Halo 6 Chief is dispatched on a mission that goes horribly wrong and he is presumed dead.

The game then has a significant time skip with the game picking back up with a person called "The Master Chief" now this Master Chief looks like Chief and talks like him. Halfway through the first mission the Unsc or Oni or whoever is his contact tell him to use a new name for whatever reason.

So lets say the main character starts calling himself, Raiden. Next, his contact tells him to stop using his voice modifier and his armour camo. The armour and his voice then change to their actual sound and colour.

Its then revealed that this guy isn't even the Master Chief at all and is a new character.

For all those who have played Metal Gear Solid 2 you know where I'm going with this.

Throughout the game the main character Raiden has several encounters with a mysterious figure until near the end he finally is saved by him. This figure reveals he has been using a voice modifier and armour camo the whole time as is actually the real Master Chief who has been sent by whoever to help Raiden.

I know the story of Mgs 2 is way too complicated for a Halo game, but it could totally fit and I wouldn't mind seeing it in Halo 6. :)

Honestly, I hope not. My personal train of thought with it is that after 343I took over the franchise (or at least the games), seemingly most people abandoned Halo. Them throwing in a new protagonist just sounds like even more people are going to leave.

Then again, I'm not a game developer and the best visions I can have of the future are just short of a stab in the dark. Maybe a new protagonist is the best thing for Halo; Maybe that's not yogurt in the fridge, too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just realised I never did this, most likely because I remember Monday being really busy so I must've forgot. So for the sake of completing here I go.

And the winner is....

*Dum roll*

No, most of the community here believes that the Master Chief shall not die in Halo 5.

Thanks for all the answers guys! :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace