The semi-weekly site poll seven

Caboose The Ace

Seven weeks, seven weeks of doing this, time flies eh? 

Anyway I think everyone knows how I do these things by now....

Halo_Guardians.png < Picture with semi relevance, check!

Halo 5's launch is near and as the days go by the hype train's breaks slowly degrades until it crashes on October 27th.  One of the things 343 is doing in the game is adding not one but two playable protagonists. Master Chief (of course you know him by now) and Spartan Locke. < Attempt to be funny, check.

So today I ask you all, who are you more hyped to play as?

Master Chief?
Or Spartan Locke? < Question. Check

And that concludes the question for this week, as always voting ends on September 28th.

If you have any suggestions or criticism, feel free to pm me!

Until next time folks! :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 4

Locke.

Locke seems to be much more interesting than the Chief. He's actually got a team with human qualities. Chief, however, has no real room to expand in the Universe unless we really delve into his mind. And I mean really delve into his mind.

Chief has also had his time in the Sun, so it's time for him to......dig a hole and.....die in it....

• Like 1

Tough question Caboose...

Locke is interesting as he is a new character who provides a new story element and a new taste to Halo.

Chief is the face of the Halo franchise and I am curious as to what he is searching for, how he found his former team, why he needed to find his old team, and why he is fighting against Locke.

So to answer the question, I think Chief... but the Locke story arc looks fascinating.

• Like 1

I'm more excited to play this cool, new face. It's nice to step out of the "old armor", if you will, and play as someone fresh and new. (He has Buck in his squad, fyi.) After playing as Chief for the past 14 years or so, I think it's a fresh start with Locke, and Squad Osiris. I have no problem stepping out of Chief's shoes.

So... Locke. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think I'd prefer Chief than Locke at this point (I also prefer stating dark 'til I get the game myself), simply because adding another protagonist, to me, seems like a poor attempt of making the game have more depth.

Basically, it's like "Why just play the cowboy, when now you can play as the Indians too?" I find it gimmicky and shallow, only making the plot seem more basic and predictable in the long run. Plus, replayability also sufferers with it. Call me a one-horse-show fan, but after what Modern Warfare 2 did, it basically ruined it for every other game.

• Like 1

It will always be Chief, since you know... nostalgia.

But that doesn't mean I'll go in to Locke's missions against my will. I'm interested about his part of the story.

• Like 1

That is a very hard question to answer specifically as I do think that a new protagonist would be a refreshing thing for the series, however, it has been the Master Chief that I have been playing as over this whole journey I have been partaking in for eight years now. I would feel like a traitor saying that I would prefer to play as Spartan Locke. I mean I also want to see whether he is a nasty person that isn't worth wanting to play as anymore, I want to see what he has done wrong that has got a bee in the bonnet of ONI.

However with that being said Spartan Locke seems like a fresh character that 343i quite clearly have plans for, I want to know why he is searching for Chief and what he wants from him. He seems like a whole new personality, I hate to say it; but he seems more human than Chief, could he be a more relatable character for the franchise? Would the game seem less lonely with him as a main protagonist? These are questions that can only be answered by playing as him.

• Like 2

That is a very hard question to answer specifically as I do think that a new protagonist would be a refreshing thing for the series, however, it has been the Master Chief that I have been playing as over this whole journey I have been partaking in for eight years now. I would feel like a traitor saying that I would prefer to play as Spartan Locke. I mean I also want to see whether he is a nasty person that isn't worth wanting to play as anymore, I want to see what he has done wrong that has got a bee in the bonnet of ONI.

However with that being said Spartan Locke seems like a fresh character that 343i quite clearly have plans for, I want to know why he is searching for Chief and what he wants from him. He seems like a whole new personality, I hate to say it; but he seems more human than Chief, could he be a more relatable character for the franchise? Would the game seem less lonely with him as a main protagonist? These are questions that can only be answered by playing as him.

"He seems more human than Chief, could he be a more relatable character for the franchise?"

Well being kidnapped at the age of six compared to a guy who had a normal life until he enlisted is bound to be a big difference in who is more human. :)

Anyway now for the results.....

*drumroll*

Master Chief has won by an absolute landslide.

Thanks for the votes everyone!