Official weekly site poll #2!

post-26953-0-47230500-1442112743_thumb.j

Hello and welcome ladies and gentlewomen to the 2nd weekly site poll done by me and Kenway! The weekly poll is where we ask you for your opinion on (mostly) current events and give the most popular opinion back to you the next week.

Last week we asked you about if you'd like to see the lore be expanded outside of the game (in books, comics, etc.) or prefered it to stick with the games.

There were quite a few responses and most of you prefered it if the story was kept within the game, but didn't mind some of the side stories within other media. I think Axilus Prime explained it just right:

I primarily stick to the games and if there's any contradiction between games and supporting material, I go with the games every time. They are the main storytelling medium of Halo, after all, and are what Halo originally was and continues to be at its core.

That's not to say I'd steer clear of supporting material intentionally. I just haven't found any in bookstores here. I do watch official story videos like Forward Unto Dawn and Nightfall, and read other stuff off the wiki. Still, if there are contradictions, like I said, games take predecence.

So I say keep churning out supporting material. It's entertaining and expansive. If something goes wrong in it, it's not even a problem for me.

Thanks for all your responses! Now let's move on to this weeks topic.

CIV4I4PUYAAyZBd.jpg

This week we've gotten a more detailed explaination on requisition packs, or REQ Packs for short, from 343i where Mister Chief assured us that we shouldn't worry as much about them and that everything will be fine. So here's the question, how do you feel about the REQ system?

Let us know down below and keep it clean!

Thank you for reading!

~UP & EK

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 5

The REQ Pack System is a great idea, in my opinion.

• These REQ Packs are new to the Halo franchise, they are. But it's also an amazing new addition. Playing Halo before would not give you as much in rewards for finishing, even participating in a game. But these new Requisition Packs will provide a whole new light on what it is to play Halo. The balance 343 is trying to achieve is here, in that there are Temporary and Permanent Requisitions. Besides, most of the Packs look  sleek and amazing, and the sheer size of Halo 5 is astonishing. 
  • Like 1

What do I think of them? Pay to Win.

Honestly this question is not a good one or needed just look at Ek's recent news article. :troll:

As I have stated in that, power weapons and vehicles are a core part of Halo and can change the course of matches, so to have them being able to be paid for just ruins Warzone. Not matter how hard 343 try to balance it, its still going to be pay to win, if only slightly. And that's horrible. :)

• Like 1

I stated my answer back in the article but I love the REQ Packs and potential they have. I love the idea of variations on weapons and vehicles and what team combinations can happen. Its just a novel idea that I get to have a slightly faster but weaker warthog to use on an objective run or a higher zoom sniper to sit back from a farther range(these aren't confirmed cards just predictions.). All of it just changes the dynamic of the game when you and your team see an "speedyhog" it makes you react differently then a normal Hog and I like that. It adds a layer of procedural randomness into Warzone and keeps things fresh because you never know what variations the enemy team will throw at you and you're going to have to react differently according to the situation. 

• Like 1

Honestly this question is not a good one or needed just look at Ek's recent news article. :troll:

Actually, I suggested for him to do a poll on this, because I feel it's a nice topic to debate about because both sides have a bit of truth to them.

What's my stance on it? I like the idea of playing and getting little packs that give you rewards and stuff, and I like that you can get it by progressing in any way that suits you. You can put forth the effort to level up, or play a lot of multiplayer, or even buy Mega Bloks and other related content to pick up some bonus rewards. No one's forcing you to even use the REQ system, you can handle just fine in Warzone with your trusty AR and pistol, but that's your choice.

Now what do I think for having to pay for them? Well, I'm fine with it if it's smaller pockets of money for a pack. Let's use maybe $1 for the basic back, $2 for the more advanced one, etc. Now, if you're paying $15+ for one pack, that's utterly ridiculous, and I'd encourage everyone to not do so.

There really is no right or wrong answer with how you feel about this matter, but REQs should not limit your experience whether you choose to purchase them or even use them. Those of you that don't like the idea are probably going to stick more to Arena. And yes, I do think there should be another way to unlock cosmetic items too.

If you defend Metal Gear Solid V's $100 coin packs, but feel this is ruining Halo, I only have one response for you: 

post-26953-0-35577000-1442788032.gif

• Like 2

^

Um if you haven't figure out I was kidding about the whole "this is not needed" thing. :)

Anyway, onto the main point.

Mgs coins are nowhere near like this.

That mgs coins let you build a second Fob, but as Angry Joe pointed out, its pointless, one Fob is enough. Seriously, there is literally no need for a second one!

Req packs on the other hand are pay to win as they allow you to get your hands on weapons and vehicles that could change the game.

So that is the difference between Req packs and Mgs coins.

Mgs coins pretty much have no purpose. The whole internet built the microtransaction stuff up like it was a huge thing, and then it really wasn't.

Req packs on the other hand are pay to win and have a purpose.

I have no issue with the REQ packs. Their benefits are purely cosmetic. Unlocking armor, poses, and assassination animations with them sounds good. And yes, they give you specially skinned weapons and vehicles. But that doesn't matter. It doesn't change anything. The reason for that is, even if you get a REQ card for a powerful, potentially game-changing weapon or vehicle with a fancy new skin, you can't bring it into battle until you have enough REQ energy earned in the match for its normal counterpart anyway. In other words, if you can bring in a special REQ weapon or vehicle, you could have brought one in without the REQ packs regardless!

The only things REQ packs offer you are for appearance. It's not pay to win, it's pay to look cooler (depending on your perspective), and that can be easily accomplished without payment in the first place. There's nothing locked behind a money barrier, not even things of absolutely no consequence like a pink visor.

So I say they're a welcome addition. The only reason I could ever complain about REQ packs is "This rich guy got a fancy helmet a few days before me!" and that's just petty.

• Like 1