Canon Fodder Discussion Thread

Drizzy_Dan

It's come to my attention just recently that we don't have a dedicated thread for talking about the beautiful Canon Fodders that our Lorelord GrimBrother One does his absolute best to put out for us on a weekly basis to give dedicated Halo Universe fans that extra pinch to get them through this wait for Halo 5: Guardians. Each week Grim does things like answer community lore questions, interview writers and other employees from 343 Industries, and lets us know when Universe entries have been added or updated. He even gives some hints in his Canon Fodders for what's to come sometimes. This is why he is our Lorelord.

The latest Canon Fodder - Infinity & Beyond - was a really juicy one. We got a good interview with Duffy Bourdreau, writer of Halo: Escalation, about what some of his favorite parts of working for 343 are and about Escalation of course.

Grim went more in depth on Fleet Battles which is really starting to pique my interest!

This week we finally see BB's in-universe appearance, he is as you would imagine trust me. And Iona's entry was updated but don't read if you haven't read Saint's Testimony yet. Which you should have! It's only a dollar!

Lastly though, something that I mentioned earlier was about how he even sometimes leaves hints in his Canon Fodders. He saw us off by saying, "If you're hunting for details on other upcoming Halo fiction, you'll probably want to turn in next week, just saying."

His wording definitely teases at Hunt the Truth Season 2! I'll post weekly links and anyone interested can discuss here. Cheers lore lovers.

• Like 3

My favorite part was a little tease of the Ground combat equivalent of Halo Fleet Battles(which I still want) and that makes me so happy to see 343i continuely expanding their board game presence. The best [art was the *maybe* inclusion of optional rules that allow you to play both games together. THAT IS FANTASTIC.

Seriously we need more Halo Fleet Battles discussion.

Latest Canon Fodder: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-infinity-beyond

• Like 1

As a massive Warhammer 40K fan I am surprised that I haven't already picked up Fleet Battles, despite seeing it in store a lot. Like Bacon said, i'll have to check the finances after  Halo and Fallout release. 

Great idea Doge! I'll make sure to "follow" this topic (Geddit?) Looking forward to more updates :D 

• Like 1

Meh. Little on the light side this week. Even on the universe articles.

I was really looking forward to some info on Hunt the truth 2.. Also was hoping for a little info on the whereabouts of some prophets but I guess that's what Shadow of Intent will be about.

Starting to wonder if we're even getting hunt the truth season 2 this month 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-truth-testimony

Loved the content this week. Frankie's last reply made me giddy. I also liked how Petra's Universe update mentioned her helping Ben in his story but didn't mention her capture which we heard about in Hunt the Truth season 2 at that point already. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-a-time-to-give-tanks

Last week we got model names for some of the variants of Covenant we'll be seeing and this week we got the same but for Humanity's side and I love it all. A lighter Scorpion, a tougher Mongoose, Gungoose with grenade launchers. Too good too be true.

Love the new universe entries.

• 2 weeks later...

SoS getting fleshed out as a faction = Amazeballs

SoS getting fleshed out as a faction = Maybe HW2 MP faction? I'd be happy to see it.

I'd love to see some different classes though, SoS Hunters (the red hunters in Warzone maybe based on them like the elite in the SoS banshee?) SoS Jackals, and maybe SoS themed weapons?

Swoot DD!

Wasn't sure if it was possible but Grim actually one-upped the last Canon Fodder this week! 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-locke-load

Model names for the weapon variants and currently used weapons for UNSC and Covenant and awesome new Universe entries including one Kamchatka, the setting where the first mission is played as Fireteam Osiris. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-fauna-getaway

This week Lore Lord Grim gives us the names of the fauna life forms we find on the settings scene in Halo 5: Guardians during Campaign and multiplayer such as the flying creatures of Genesis and the whale-like creatures outside of Fathom. There are also some great Universe entry updates.

• 11 months later...
I'll start posting these in a weekly basis if everyone is cool with that.

This week in Canon Fodder is Issue 91.

COSPLAY. CANON. CAMPBELL.

This canon fodder goes over cosplay, and undersuits you will see in multiplayer for Halo 4 and Halo 5.

This is a great update. I admit I am a sucker for info on armor.

• Like 1

I'll start posting these in a weekly basis if everyone is cool with that.

This week in Canon Fodder is Issue 91.

COSPLAY. CANON. CAMPBELL.

This canon fodder goes over cosplay, and undersuits you will see in multiplayer for Halo 4 and Halo 5.

This is a great update. I admit I am a sucker for info on armor.

Please do post here. I like to discuss on Archive about this each week but it'd be great to have another lore enthusiast aboard to help ignite discussion and possibly enlighten others. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After over a month hiatus. Canon fodder returns. And oh boy isnt it juicy.

Issue 93 - Red Rift

This canon fodder has a lot in stock in it. Including the return of fan favorite characters in a upcoming story called Halo: Envoy. And a interesting interview with several folks involved in Halo: Tales from Slipspace.

Enjoy folks. :D I am totally hyped up for 2017 now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas peeps, here's last week's CF which contains more backstory on Ripa Moramee (the Arbiter before Thel) and the Brute Chieftain from Halo Wars. On top of other details, there is also a nifty PDF version of Halo Wars: Genesis which will be added to our Community Dropbox soon. 

Enjoy: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/what-once-was-lost

• 1 year later...

Last week's Canon Fodder dubbed "That's So Raven" was focused on the new action arcade game by 343: Fireteam Raven. Some might know and some may not but Fireteam Raven was present on Installation 04 while the Master Chief was off killing hundreds of Covenant and Flood beings on his own. Surely that wasn't a man-made cave. 

I loved the background tidbits about each member to bring a little more to their character. I have yet to experience the game however. The Canon Fodder also brought these great images:

ravenlineup_helmetsoff_700-b5e54b4032634

lich_uprightchalice-7ce876a544a94274b652

graves_vignette_1120-5320cc1ee4524a519b9

floodjuggernaut_roar_1120-0dbbb5d28b3f4e

Full "That's So Raven" Cannon Fodder link here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/thats-so-raven