Halo 5: Guardians Trailer Vidoc Leaked

A new trailer video documentary for Halo 5: Guardians has leaked onto the internet, and boy is it sweet and packed with new visuals!

Halo 5: Guardians is right on our heels with only a little over a month left to go before we can finally get our hands on the long awaited title. Movie-goers were shocked to see a new Halo 5 trailer release this weekend showing quite a few new cinematic visuals, so naturally someone recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube.com. The trailer shows off some new visuals of the Chief in better detail, as well as Osiris and the Arbiter. We see a shot in the sandy area of Sangheilios as the Arbiter seems to rally his troops. There are also a few scenes of Master Chief and Spartan Locke duking it out in a darkly lit room, and Chief seems to have the upper hand for most of them. There are a collection of other smaller details such as the two teams grouped together and Locke jumping off a platform, but the main focus of this trailer seems to be showing off the dynamics of the two teams within and against each other. I will update the article as soon as more details surface. I will also update with a more high definition image as soon as I get one.

post-26953-0-86691200-1441555330_thumb.png

All images and information sourced by 343 Industries and Microsoft. 

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 1

This mad me laugh hard, I really burst out laughing when they said. "We want this whole game to support four player co-op"

Kinda ironic isn't it? :D

I guess this was pretty cool and there was certainly some interesting things to see and hear. Such as 343 finally admitting how flat Bungie games were,  the Locke vs Chief fight looked cool as well.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

lel That kid in the beginning. Kid: "Rated Tee-" Guy: "Shuddup" *later* Kid: "Blue Team and Chief" Guy: "Shuddup"

I was on reddit a few days ago and I remember someone making a thread about this saying they saw it. I figured they'd start showing something in theaters because they did the same for Halo 4. Albeit that one was WAY shorter.

Hopefully they will be fronds by the end of the game. I don't want the Green or Blue dying. I really doubt that fight is just a simple refusal to come with from Chief. Must be something moar to it. That headbutt tho.

I hope 343 don't fail to understand the capabilities of the Spartan-IIs in comparison to those of any other Spartan class. I don't care about tech in this case, considering both are suited up, it's all down to training. Chief would destroy Locke without a doubt, not even going to put up an argument because it's completely unnecessary. Blue Team can take out Osiris without any casualties, and I'll admit that the augmentations are one of the biggest reasons. 343 better not be breaking lore to build up a 'suspenseful' storyline. Facts are facts. Statistics are statistics.

Nice find Kenway.

• Like 1

This mad me laugh hard, I really burst out laughing when they said. "We want this whole game to support four player co-op"

Kinda ironic isn't it? :D

I guess this was pretty cool and there was certainly some interesting things to see and hear. Such as 343 finally admitting how flat Bungie games were,  the Locke vs Chief fight looked cool as well.

Not ironic at all. They didn't say split screen, they said four player co-op, and the game is completely designed around working for any number of players equally well. It's online co-op only, but the game is exactly like they said.

I hope 343 don't fail to understand the capabilities of the Spartan-IIs in comparison to those of any other Spartan class. I don't care about tech in this case, considering both are suited up, it's all down to training. Chief would destroy Locke without a doubt, not even going to put up an argument because it's completely unnecessary. Blue Team can take out Osiris without any casualties, and I'll admit that the augmentations are one of the biggest reasons. 343 better not be breaking lore to build up a 'suspenseful' storyline. Facts are facts. Statistics are statistics.

Nice find Kenway.

The tech closes the augmentation gap almost completely, resulting in good Spartan-IV's (like Osiris, not Majestic) being about on par with Spartan-II's in field performance. There is no reason to think that Blue Team or Chief has the capability to easily slaughter their opposition.

Spartan-II's aren't legends because they're invincible, immortal warriors who no other class of soldier can even hold a candle to. It's their achievements that are legendary, but they pull it off with actual power similar to the other Spartans.

^

Well if its designed with co-op in mind that would be really good for splitscreen players wouldn't it?

I really don't see why they cant put it in the campaign at a 30fps lock..... :)

The level design is designed for co-op. So is the fireteam system. Designing it for co-op in mind is not the same as designing it with splitscreen in mind.

I really don't see why you can't put your mouse cursor in the quote button. :P

The level design is designed for co-op. So is the fireteam system. Designing it for co-op in mind is not the same as designing it with splitscreen in mind.

I really don't see why you can't put your mouse cursor in the quote button. :P

Its just trying to remember, after using the arrow system for so long I keep forgetting. :D

I know its designed for co-op but its entirely possible with a 30fps lock to put splitscreen in, and it annoys me that its not in.

• Like 1

The tech closes the augmentation gap almost completely, resulting in good Spartan-IV's (like Osiris, not Majestic) being about on par with Spartan-II's in field performance. There is no reason to think that Blue Team or Chief has the capability to easily slaughter their opposition.

Spartan-II's aren't legends because they're invincible, immortal warriors who no other class of soldier can even hold a candle to. It's their achievements that are legendary, but they pull it off with actual power similar to the other Spartans.

Feel free to explain how the tech does that. In the end, tech doesn't kill, the soldiers do. Spartan-IIs are not only more physically fit, they are far more intelligent. Again, augmentations (but not only augmentations) support both of these factors. They were physically and mentally strong beforehand to even survive the augmentation process. By the way, I tend not to 'think', I prefer to 'know'.

"Spartan-II's aren't legends because they're invincible, immortal warriors" ...who suggested that? I'm aware of their achievements and how they have executed them. Also going to mention that I don't believe in anything being 'invincible'.

When you compare the feats of Spartan II's to Spartan IV's they do not compare. :)

Every single Spartan II is a walking battle tank can you say the same about Spartan IV's? No of course not.

Spartan II's were made to kill. Spartan IV's were not always recruited for their combat prowess either.

On a pure combative sense Blue team would wreak Fireteam Osiris.

Feel free to explain how the tech does that. In the end, tech doesn't kill, the soldiers do. Spartan-IIs are not only more physically fit, they are far more intelligent. Again, augmentations (but not only augmentations) support both of these factors. They were physically and mentally strong beforehand to even survive the augmentation process. By the way, I tend not to 'think', I prefer to 'know'.

"Spartan-II's aren't legends because they're invincible, immortal warriors" ...who suggested that? I'm aware of their achievements and how they have executed them. Also going to mention that I don't believe in anything being 'invincible'.

The tech closes the gap in physical strength and speed, leaving the only factor being who is more skilled. They'll run at roughly the same speed, hit with roughly the same force. While all Spartan-II's, as a rule, are highly skilled and intelligent, ordinary humans do have the potential to be just as skilled and intelligent. If Osiris is made of such humans, as I'm sure it is, then since in terms of raw power they're on even footing, the fight could go either way.

The tech closes the gap in physical strength and speed, leaving the only factor being who is more skilled. They'll run at roughly the same speed, hit with roughly the same force. While all Spartan-II's, as a rule, are highly skilled and intelligent, ordinary humans do have the potential to be just as skilled and intelligent. If Osiris is made of such humans, as I'm sure it is, then since in terms of raw power they're on even footing, the fight could go either way.

I understand your point, but keep in mind it's an "if". Spartan-IIs have had training like no others, and began at age 6. Blue Team's skill is undoubtedly beyond that of Osiris. You believe Osiris are superior to other Spartan-IVs, that is most likely true, the same as how Blue Team have superior skills that many other Spartan-IIs didn't have. I'm not suggesting that Osiris are poor at combat or lack intelligence, I believe otherwise. You must also keep in mind that these soldiers are new to being Spartans. They weren't born into the program like the IIs, and so are far less experienced. Combat in a MJOLNIR suit is different to combat in and ODST one or no suit at all. Whilst it may be possible for Team Osiris to achieve the intelligence (or similar intelligence) of a Spartan-II, it's impossible for them to achieve their skill. Reasons for that have been mentioned (e.g. time, experience, etc...). 

• Like 1