Amiibos

Just_A_Druid

Amiibos. Evil creations put out in limited quantities by our friends at Nintendo. IF you HAVEN'T bought one yet- dont becuase you and your wallet just go on a downward spiral from the first one- becuase you can't just have one- you need like all of them. I myself was like "oh man that would be an awesome figure to have event though I do not even own a wii u lol. 10 amiibos later at about 13.99 a piece is a broke university student(me) lol! I have to admit that they are cool, and even though they don't add much to Smash Bros or well any games that they are compatible with... in the end I wish I hadn't bought any, not even one- ok maybe not Charizard.. anyways what are your guys's thoughts on Amiibos? Do you think they will ever die down??! Hahah cheers guys!

• Like 4

I got Mario free with Mario Party 10. And no, I don't agree with the article. I own Amiibos and I think they're great since they can be used on a bunch of games. For instance, Mario Kart 8 costumes, Smash Bros fighters, Mario Party 10's Amiibo game board, and the Greatest Bits app where you apply the Amiibo and get to play a classic retro of the game with the character.

I have: Kirby, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Peach, Mario, and Yoshi. No regrets either.

• Like 1

It sounds like you don't support the purchase of Amiibos because of the price tag and the fact you spent a good deal of your dispoable income on them.

Amiibos are definitely starting to show their worth. I still have quite a few gripes such as the fact that each amiibo can only hold one saved game data(that means your Smash Bros amiibo can only hold the saved data for Smash Bros and if another game comes along that uses a similar functonailty you would have to buy another amiibo or delete the saved data from that). Although personally the functionality that the amiibos do provide is still great.

My favorite thing is the custom amiibos we have been seeing. I saw someone take their Luigi and turn it into a Waluigi and then create a Luigi themed Waluigi fighter in SS4. Things like that warrant a purchase from me.

Also those Yoshi Yarn amiibos are excellent. 

yoshi-amiibo-760x428.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got Mario free with Mario Party 10. And no, I don't agree with the article. I own Amiibos and I think they're great since they can be used on a bunch of games. For instance, Mario Kart 8 costumes, Smash Bros fighters, Mario Party 10's Amiibo game board, and the Greatest Bits app where you apply the Amiibo and get to play a classic retro of the game with the character.

I have: Kirby, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Peach, Mario, and Yoshi. No regrets either.

i have a little more than half the roster but i am missing so many because of scalped prices

although i love them for their detail.

they are so good, plus i just want to train them for smash and then have an army of minions to take over the world!!!!! Muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

i have kirby 

samus

lucina

robbin

charizard

pikachu

link

mario

luigi

peach'bowser

toon link

sheik