Halo 5: Guardians Trailer Cinematic Released!

That's how you start a game right dare! That got me pumped. Obviously we saw this before and I think it lined up with the action so this is what I presume we would see right after that cut scene ended. I couldn't find the full gif, but they were sliding down a mountain side with debris falling above them. Seems to line up.

http://i.imgur.com/b19jzKm.jpg

You can also see what seems to be a new Covenant vehicle, sort of reminiscent of a spectre, but looks more like a Wraith with just the plasma mortar taken off and the turret left on.

http://i.imgur.com/DCPtSWH.gifv

There's also an odd looking Covenant Ship in the sky along with the rest of the fleet, the likes to which that, at least I, have never been seen before. It is on the right side of the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/MbgNvW8.gifv

Ohwoaheeheewoaheehee!

Good Newz EKHKEK. I will now watch this till my eyes bleed.

• Like 2

I'm very impressed with this, especially as this not only sets a tone, but it literally jumps you into gameplay as you're still fighting.

Also the music in this is amazing, I'm really excited to see what else Kazuma has in store. ^_^

Meh.

This was more pre-rendered over the top rubbish I would have expected from a kids cartoon show in the 80s.

I just hate how Halo is always going for these pre-rendered cinematic's and it annoys me to no end. This should have been in engine footage for starters.

It was also just wayyyyyy over the top. I don't if your a Spartan or not, your not Power Rangers.

Its like someone turned the gravity off only for the Spartans. And it does not help the enemy was just being a fish in a barrel. They didn't even try and defend themselves.

I admit, I'm over-analysing and I am but hey, that's me. :)

The game looks good but I hope they stop using the pre-rendered stuff and making it over the top while also making the enemy's look braindead.

Meh.

This was more pre-rendered over the top rubbish I would have expected from a kids cartoon show in the 80s.

I just hate how Halo is always going for these pre-rendered cinematic's and it annoys me to no end. This should have been in engine footage for starters.

It was also just wayyyyyy over the top. I don't if your a Spartan or not, your not Power Rangers.

Its like someone turned the gravity off only for the Spartans. And it does not help the enemy was just being a fish in a barrel. They didn't even try and defend themselves.

I admit, I'm over-analysing and I am but hey, that's me. :)

The game looks good but I hope they stop using the pre-rendered stuff and making it over the top while also making the enemy's look braindead.

A. They are not pre-rendered, these are in-game graphics, there is a difference.

B. The enemy is not brain-dead, if you didn't notice, the covenant and the prometheans are locked in battle. Naturally having a third enemy come into the play would cause some confusion.

C. This is how Spartans have always been described in the books, it's just the first time we see them as something besides lumbering tanks.

• Like 6

^

Wait this is in game stuff?!

I wasn't entirely sure but I will take your word on it, in that case...

Holy **** That looks incredible! I know visuals are not everything but it looks mindblowing. If those are the real deal of course....

"The enemy is not brain-dead, if you didn't notice, the covenant and the prometheans are locked in battle. Naturally having a third enemy come into the play would cause some confusion"

But they didn't really put up a fight when some fireteam Osiris went into those phantoms and killed the covies inside.

"This is how Spartans have always been described in the books, it's just the first time we see them as something besides lumbering tanks"

I know the Spartans are more agile than displayed in the games but they are not that agile, someone must have turned off gravity or something for them. :)

^

Wait this is in game stuff?!

I wasn't entirely sure but I will take your word on it, in that case...

Holy **** That looks incredible! I know visuals are not everything but it looks mindblowing. If those are the real deal of course....

"The enemy is not brain-dead, if you didn't notice, the covenant and the prometheans are locked in battle. Naturally having a third enemy come into the play would cause some confusion"

But they didn't really put up a fight when some fireteam Osiris went into those phantoms and killed the covies inside.

"This is how Spartans have always been described in the books, it's just the first time we see them as something besides lumbering tanks"

I know the Spartans are more agile than displayed in the games but they are not that agile, someone must have turned off gravity or something for them. :)

Oh yes, because the ancient machine-like warmongering creatures are far less important to deal with than the four spartans plummeting down the hill. The covvies should've so focused on them.

And yes, they are that agile. Unless you have measurements from the books, there is no concrete proof you are correct.

Dunno if you noticed Caboose but the GEN2 Spartan Armor has thrusters in it which enables them to jump higher do ground pounds etc the thrusters are why the "gravity is turned off" the standard Elite Combat Harness is not equipped with thrusters like these.

Now onto the actual cutscene itself, while it was really good I noticed that the Shotgun and Pistol sound really tin like when fired they don't have that heavy punch that they did in previous games

Dunno if you noticed Caboose but the GEN2 Spartan Armor has thrusters in it which enables them to jump higher do ground pounds etc the thrusters are why the "gravity is turned off" the standard Elite Combat Harness is not equipped with thrusters like these.

For the people who might be more keen of eye or more spatially aware there were a few moments where the Spartans running across the snow seemed in some manner to be floating - if you've watched Legolas gliding across the ground in the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies, the feeling looks similar. The primary reason for this is probably due to the fact that none of the fighting actually took place on solid ground; we're watching Spartans sprint cleanly through snow. By the time their legs have lifted off, so too has the snow that surrounded it. 

• Like 1

Now onto the actual cutscene itself, while it was really good I noticed that the Shotgun and Pistol sound really tin like when fired they don't have that heavy punch that they did in previous games

I knew that but these guys were somewhat defying the laws of physics, that's not how hill sliding works..... smile.png

"Oh yes, because the ancient machine-like warmongering creatures are far less important to deal with than the four spartans plummeting down the hill. The covvies should've so focused on them. And yes, they are that agile. Unless you have measurements from the books, there is no concrete proof you are correct."

https://youtu.be/bhJwECxEB3s?t=149 < Watch this part.

It displays the Elites are completely incompetent. They cannot even hit a person at close range with a sword who made an ever so slight movement to the left. A strategy that should have been easily countered by a stab to the back.

^

But where is Admiral Ackbar?

Oh wait... Here he is! https://youtu.be/4F4qzPbcFiA

At least fireteam Osiris looks competent I will give them that, they did manage to make the enemy's of the game look like brainless toy soldiers after all.

Though I don't really buy the bit where Locke has so much momentum he smashes through a rock, at least I think that was Locke. :)

Actually, a little theory of mine is they get there only to find someone already has taken Halsey, the Chief.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

I'll like to chip in, that's exactly how physics works. Having a high projectile velocity with vector changes constantly to the acceleration allows you to 'skip' across surfaces, and snow is no exception, it'd work on water to a smaller degree due to water having surface tension. Only surfaces with no surface tension would fail in that scenario.

But enough of the physics, that's how you make a opening cinematic. Too bad Locke isn't going to buy a first round of drinks.

• Like 3

Though I don't really buy the bit where Locke has so much momentum he smashes through a rock, at least I think that was Locke. :)

Brief physics explanation: The components of Kinetic Energy is, in simple terms, speed and weight. Busting through that rock (That was Tanaka, by the way) would have been easy for her, considering she weighs around half a ton, and she's also maintaining the momentum and speed from a HALO (Or is it a HANO?) drop into the side of a snowy mountain.

Actually, a little theory of mine is they get there only to find someone already has taken Halsey, the Chief.

I doubt it. This is the opening for mission 1, 'Osiris', and we've already seen footage of that in older promotional material. We also know that Halsey DOES end up on the Infinity at some point (and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens right after mission 1); as well as the fact that Blue Team are gonna be doing their own thing in Mission 2, elsewhere in the galaxy, and it's after mission 2 that they go AWOL.

• Like 1

^

After that I definitely feel like I'm over-analysing this. :)

Hm, maybe mission one is a flashback of sorts.

Example: Osiris finds out that Halsey has been taken by Blue Team and wonder why.

Then mission two starts off a few days ago, to explain why Blue Team did what they did.

Stuff just seems to be happening too fast you know?