Rise of the Tomb Raider Collector's Edition Announced!

The upcoming Rise of the Tomb Raider has gotten a new Collector's Edition featuring some sweet tomb raiding goodies, but are they worth the price?

This fall is home to a plethora of highly anticipated games, one of these being Rise of the Tomb Raider, the sequel to 2012's reboot of the franchise, which was recently acquired by Microsoft for a timed exclusive release on Xbox. As reported by GameSpot.com, Square Enix announced a Collector's Edition of the game for Xbox One, priced at $150 in the US and £110 in the UK. This edition comes in a wooden box styled crate, and includes a standard copy of the game, along with a steel-case to put it in, as well as Lara's jade necklace, a replica of her in-game journal, and the highlight of it all, a 12" statue of Lara Croft with her bow and hiking equipment. You can currently pre-order this edition from the Square Enix and Tomb Raider stores for Xbox One, no Xbox 360 edition currently announced. The game releases November 10th, 2015 for the Xbox consoles, and will follow on PC and PS4 next year.

post-26953-0-32685400-1440647031_thumb.jpg

All images and information sourced from Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, and GameSpot.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

Is it worth the price? Only time will tell... As much as I enjoyed the Tomb Raider movie, I haven't actually gotten around to playing one of the video games yet... Which is kind of surprising because they've been around for awhile, and sad considering the games have been around far longer than the movie, but that's besides the point. This looks really cool and interesting! I don't think I would spend that much money on it, but I think for someone who is in love with Tomb Raider it would be a great way to spend $150 bucks. The Lara Croft figurine looks particularly BA, but that's because anything related to Lara Croft is usually BA. Good article HK!!!

Btw in case you guys didn't know, and you wanted Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, don't purchase it. Wait until it is free for gold members on September 16th. Don't make the same mistake I did and spend cash on something you could have gotten for free. I've cried about it already and am fine now, but just thought I'd let ya'll know.

• Like 1