Why I will not buy another halo made by 343

Mega_Voltz

I used to be a huge fan of halo. Me and my brother would spend hours on end in halo 3 and reach. Halo 4 however we sold early on after the campaign was finished as it was utterly terrible. And then you have mcc. I tried playing it today and have got into two matches in an 30 minutes. Now your taking away splitscreen and basically trying to "codonise" halo. Smart scoping is just ripped from cod and renamed. and don't get me started on halo 5 pre-orders. Before mcc was released you but out pre-orders for halo 5 which is just disgraceful. Yes you may have said that your getting rid of split screen but how you did it is un acceptable. By putting at the bottom of 12 paragraphs on halo waypoint after talking about how good halo split screen is. I'm done with 343 and unless bunjie comes back, I'm done with halo.

• Like 2

Jeez, I wonder if the militaries, Borderlands, Battlefields, Gears of Wars, Titanfall, Rednecks, Hunters, Murderers, Destiny, Medal of Honours, Ghost Recons, Crysis's, Metro 2033's, Counter Strikes, Militias, and Metal Gears all stole CoD's ADS mechanic. Maybe you should complain there as well and not just here.

• Like 1

^
^
^

Codonise?

Please, that is not what 343 is doing at all, last time I checked Cod had custom loadouts, does Halo 5? No to your point has no merit.

Also, I do agree splitscreen should be in the game, yet only a small portion of the Halo community actually use splitscreen. So its kinda not worth it in my opinion, yet it had been technically proven Halo 5 could run splitscreen, given the data from the previous Halo games that is.

As much as it sucks you hold 343 in such low regard, I mean seriously, splitscreen mp sucked and the only reason to do it was with the campaign and Halo campaigns are like 8 hours long.  So your paying 60$ for an eight hour campaign?! Its a waste of money in my opinion.

Halo is not worth not buying just because splitscreen is not in it, alright?

Personal opinion aside I hope you do buy H5g and hopefully enjoy it for the enjoyable game it will be if nothing else. :)

Maybe with halo 5 guardians they may add split screen. There is still time till the launch. But there are some people, not many but still some, who would have pre-orderd halo 5 thinking halo 5 will have split screen. The pre-orders have been out for a long time, before mcc was announced. And btw halo has always had ads but now to have it on every gun just Dosent feel right. And don't forget the tragedie that is the mcc. The mcc is slowly dying, quicker than it should. It's just twice in a row 343 have made a low quality halo game (halo4 and mcc) I was willing to give them a second chance with mcc but I've just had enough. All I want is for another great halo. So I won't buy halo 5 guardians until all the reviews come in. And if it's good I'll buy it, if not than that's more of the games fan base gone. The original trilogy by bungie was perfect and then so was reach. I think I'd rather buy The taken king dlc for destiny than halo5. 343 should fix the mcc first for people who don't want all the new stuff and just halo 1-3. #savemccfirst

I forgot to mention that halo 4. What did they have? Kill streaks=ordinance. Custom loud outs =custom load outs. All stuff halo has never had. Though I can't remember If reach had it but at least reach was a good game. Which, may I remind you, was started by bungie. I recommend watching Bdobbinsftw on YouTube as he does great video's on this topic.

I just want 343 to make a good halo. I just don't have faith in them anymore.

halo has mainly been like quack 

Halo has never really capitalised on ads (smart scoping) because when you get hit you descope.

Best typo ever mate that made me have a good laugh.

Halo 5 still has descoping though plus Smartscoping works more like aiming in like previous Halo games then it does like ADS in other major shooters. We played the beta so we know this.

Its a huge shame Halo 5 won't have split-screen. Sadly it won't be in the game there is no time to add it in properly without compromising the game performance. I'm sorry you won't be with us for the journey of Halo 5 but maybe if Halo 6 has split screen you might give it another shot. 

Smart scoping is just ripped from cod and renamed

This point has been beaten to death long ago. Conclusion: NO

Before mcc was released you but out pre-orders for halo 5 which is just disgraceful.

That's likely to happen when two different development teams put out 2 different games. The MCC was made by a different team and had no connections with the team that worked on Halo 5 Guardians. Sure they could've waited a bit but why should they? They gave you the option to secure your copy of Halo 5, they didn't force you to.

Yes you may have said that your getting rid of split screen but how you did it is un acceptable. By putting at the bottom of 12 paragraphs on halo waypoint after talking about how good halo split screen is.

Someone just watched BdobbinsFTW...

I'm done with 343 and unless bunjie comes back, I'm done with halo.

Ok

938.gif

Bye

• Like 2

Maybe with halo 5 guardians they may add split screen. There is still time till the launch. But there are some people, not many but still some, who would have pre-orderd halo 5 thinking halo 5 will have split screen. The pre-orders have been out for a long time, before mcc was announced. And btw halo has always had ads but now to have it on every gun just Dosent feel right. And don't forget the tragedie that is the mcc. The mcc is slowly dying, quicker than it should. It's just twice in a row 343 have made a low quality halo game (halo4 and mcc) I was willing to give them a second chance with mcc but I've just had enough. All I want is for another great halo. So I won't buy halo 5 guardians until all the reviews come in. And if it's good I'll buy it, if not than that's more of the games fan base gone. The original trilogy by bungie was perfect and then so was reach. I think I'd rather buy The taken king dlc for destiny than halo5. 343 should fix the mcc first for people who don't want all the new stuff and just halo 1-3. #savemccfirst

I forgot to mention that halo 4. What did they have? Kill streaks=ordinance. Custom loud outs =custom load outs. All stuff halo has never had. Though I can't remember If reach had it but at least reach was a good game. Which, may I remind you, was started by bungie. I recommend watching Bdobbinsftw on YouTube as he does great video's on this topic.

I just want 343 to make a good halo. I just don't have faith in them anymore.

The game is practically finished, and the gameplay is built around 60fps. Splitscreen would not support splitscreen, ergo no splitscreen.

The game goes gold (production and distribution) in about a month, and the game is more or less in it's final build now. The only things being changed this late in development are bugs and fixing bugs.

Anyway, OP, enjoy having more money to spend elsewhere.

For the love of god I know ads is in all other major shooters but halo has mainly been like quack where you hipfire. Halo has never really capitalised on ads (smart scoping) because when you get hit you descope.

A) you description when you get hit in Smart Scope

B) Hip fire is still a perfectly valid path to take in a gunfight.

Someone has pretty obviously not played the beta.

• Like 1

I do hope you understand Microsoft and 343 are going to run halo to the ground just so they can milk every last penny from you. Yes I watched the bdobbins video, after reading the article on waypoint because until recently I was exited for halo 5. maybe if you stopped being fanboys for a second and realise that you could get a much better game for a lot cheaper.

And yes I just saw that typo. Thanks for pointing that out XD

• Like 1

Hm.

I cant be bothered to do the arrows that far up but you know where this is coming from.... smile.png

"The mcc is slowly dying, quicker than it should" Mcc is pretty much dead at this point, no question. There is a reason why there is no player count number at the top..... The bugs killed most of the population right off the bat and gave the game a bad reputation.

"The original trilogy by bungie was perfect" Nothing is perfect. Fun fact: Bungie originally planned for Halo 2 to have custom loadouts but did not have time to balance it out so the idea was scrapped due to time constraints...

Point is one of the main issues people get riled up about "fair starts" was not supposed to be there in the first place. Bungie got lucky. They are not very talented developers....

Just look at the original trilogy's story and characters, they would god awful! I'm not going into details, I have ranted about this so many times I'm tired of it but lets just say a certain elite in Halo 2 has really bad character dev....

"gone. The original trilogy by bungie was perfect and then so was reach. I think I'd rather buy The taken king dlc for destiny than halo5. 343 should fix the mcc first for people who don't want all the new stuff" Ms wont let 343 fix Mcc. why?!

Think about it.

Fixing Mcc makes community sense.

Fixing Halo 5 makes cooperate sense, there is a reason why Mcc had bad sales numbers and its because news of its brokenness got around.
But if Halo 5 turns out to not only be a great game but bug free, the game will sell well unlike Mcc.

Bnus: "Its a huge shame Halo 5 won't have split-screen. Sadly it won't be in the game there is no time to add it in properly without compromising the game" Untrue, judging from previous Halo games data splitscreen is entirely possible for the campaign.

"I do hope you understand Microsoft and 343 are going to run halo to the ground just so they can milk every last penny from you. Yes I watched the bdobbins video, after reading the article on waypoint because until recently I was exited for halo 5. maybe if you stopped being fanboys for a second and realise that you could get a much better game for a lot cheaper"

1: Nobody is forcing you to hand Ms money, they are not milking you for money, for starters there is 15 free maps coming out for Halo 5.....
2: Halo 5 being good is a persons opinion. Sure you could get another good game for 5£ like I don't know, Mgs 3 snake eater.

You could get plenty of good games for cheap prices, so by that logic why bother buying news game at all when you could buy old ones?!

"The game will appeal to some more than others. I think I'd rather jump on the hype train for black ops 3 or halo wars 2"

Didn't you just complain about Codonisation?!

I do hope you understand Microsoft and 343 are going to run halo to the ground just so they can milk every last penny from you. Yes I watched the bdobbins video, after reading the article on waypoint because until recently I was exited for halo 5. maybe if you stopped being fanboys for a second and realise that you could get a much better game for a lot cheaper.

I wasn't fanboying, I played the beta and had tremdous fun with it. And that wasn't even the full game.

bdobbins is the exact opposite of a fanboy so if you don't want your excitement spoiled I'd suggest you stop watching his video's.

The game will appeal to some more than others. I think I'd rather jump on the hype train for black ops 3 or halo wars 2.

>Sais Halo is being milked and won't buy it because of it

>Hops on the hype train of the notoriously milked fanchise Call of Duty

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gi

• Like 1

@ the call of duty franchise might be to milk money but at least the Black Ops series are the best of it.

As for Black Ops 3, so far the beta is pretty amazing. Even if it's multiplayer. Titanfall had wall-running but Black Ops 3's runs even smoother and better. I'm on that hype train as well, but it's not really something to argue about.

I mean... Bungie doesn't deserve Halo back to be honest. Especially how much they screwed up with Destiny. The fact of the matter is that Bungie isn't Bungie anymore. 343 is doing a great job. Any Halo fan should be proud, because 343 managed to add mechanics which would push the series in a good direction while maintaining what truly makes Halo 5 a Halo game. I know it isn't correct to say an opinion is fact, but I'm not going to back off from saying that evidence strongly suggests that Halo 5 Guardians will be great. Period.

@Fishy

I wouldn't say the Black Ops series is the best. I liked the WW2 games more.

And that's your personal preference. I liked Modern Warfare's as well, more than the WW2's. However the MW's had a replayability campaign whereas Black Ops didn't, they had Zombies playability.

Nonetheless, that's your personal opinion. Just like the OP. I have actually talked to him about it in a PM. I agree with What he says for the most part.

Saying "new mechanics" is not only a false statement, but a widely misunderstood video game phenom. Halo had at one point, under Bungie mind you, sprint, ads, armor abilities, wall climbing, weapon attachments, armor customization.....and that was all pre Halo 3. Don't believe it, watch the entire CE and Halo 2 Bungie VidOC's as well as poke around the beta map files and retail map files for yourself.

343 isn't adding anything new at all, they are simply revisiting odeas and concepts that were scrapped due to the previous 10 year engine writing and hardware capabilities not being able to incorporate those concepts properly.

That being saod, Bungie nor 343 directly screwed anything up. Microsoft Game Studios is to blame. Any time a company like Microsoft or Activision get's their greedy hands on something, they warp it into a shell of what it's conceptual idea was. Case in point, Destiny and Halo CE. Arguing a developers ability is not an equal nor unbiased analysis unless said comparisons are done on using material and work that comes straight from said developer, and not while under a publishing contract.

This whole thread aside from the factual points I brought up, are all irrelivant opinion based. People around here need to post facts, not opinions if you want to make a statement and prove something.

• Like 2

Saying "new mechanics" is not only a false statement, but a widely misunderstood video game phenom. Halo had at one point, under Bungie mind you, sprint, ads, armor abilities, wall climbing, weapon attachments, armor customization.....and that was all pre Halo 3. Don't believe it, watch the entire CE and Halo 2 Bungie VidOC's as well as poke around the beta map files and retail map files for yourself.

343 isn't adding anything new at all, they are simply revisiting odeas and concepts that were scrapped due to the previous 10 year engine writing and hardware capabilities not being able to incorporate those concepts properly.

That being saod, Bungie nor 343 directly screwed anything up. Microsoft Game Studios is to blame. Any time a company like Microsoft or Activision get's their greedy hands on something, they warp it into a shell of what it's conceptual idea was. Case in point, Destiny and Halo CE. Arguing a developers ability is not an equal nor unbiased analysis unless said comparisons are done on using material and work that comes straight from said developer, and not while under a publishing contract.

This whole thread aside from the factual points I brought up, are all irrelivant opinion based. People around here need to post facts, not opinions if you want to make a statement and prove something.

Bungie screwed up weapon balancing to absolute hell, it's literally taken a year for them to fix Destiny's weapon balancing issues.

Seeing as that's the major part of the game, I'd say there did do something wrong.

I do see what you're saying though, things like Halo 2/3's cut missions were due to MS' harsh deadlines and that applies to any publisher.

• Like 1

And yes I just saw that typo. Thanks for pointing that out XD

What defines a better game? Assuming you don't mean in regards to glitches as based off gameplay, there is no objectively better game. I enjoyed Halo 5 beta much more than any other Halo, am I wrong for that? Because that's what you're implying. That a certain type of gameplay is better than any other, which is an inherently flawed argument.

What would count as a better game in your view? For example, you may say Halo 3, but I would say Battlefield 4. I'm not right, you're not right. Neither game is better, so please stop with the crap about 'you can buy a better game'. People can get what they bloody want to get.

Anyway, MS and 343 can take all my money as long as they keep up the quality of novels they're been producing in the last couple of years. Halo's story has only been getting stronger since 343 took over, and that's ultimately what I am in for.

I do love that we're starting to see a lot of the cut concepts brought back, now. For the story side of things, a lot of cut vehicles and even fauna have been brought back into the fold as a canon element of the universe.

I'm saying that the next cod will be better than the utter crap made by 343. That is a bold statement but it's true.

>presenting subjective statements as objective fact

• Like 2