Destiny Discussion #1 TTK Hype

Buns

tumblr_nt8xttImiK1txb1imo1_1280.png

This is a new thing I'm going to try. Just regular focused Destiny discussion. It isn't going to happen at any specific time just whenever theres nothing left to talk about or something else more interestingly

We're going to open things up and start broad. In the future we will go into more specific subjects like factions, important characters or events, the future of the games, etc.

What are you most excited for about The Taken King? Is it the change in game mechanics? New weapon manufacturers? New raid? Faction? Armor?

Or are you not even excited for TTK at all and think it won't do anything to change Destiny. 

Keep things civil. If you're going to debate or challenge points please respect that others will disagree and thats ok.

• Like 2

The 1 thing that interests me is the increased attention in relation to story. If the story's good I'll get the game. I don't care if the gameplay is good or not. I'll probably quit playing after I'm done with the story, and wait for like 5 more expansions to come out before getting back into the game.

WHAT?!

DESTINY?!

HOW ABOUT YOU DISCUSS LIKE I ASKED PUNK

The 1 thing that interests me is the increased attention in relation to story. If the story's good I'll get the game. I don't care if the gameplay is good or not. I'll probably quit playing after I'm done with the story, and wait for like 5 more expansions to come out before getting back into the game.

Honestly House Of Wolves did a better job addressing the story and from what we have seen TTK is also taking the same route. Once it is out we will let you know but they're revisiting some old lore from the Vanilla game too which is nice :)

Positives;

• Improvements to narrative with lengthier story missions.
  • Second story line unlocks after completion of the main story line and Raid (King's Fall).
  • Raid-lite mechanics to the 4 (1 PSN exclusive) Strikes, 3 old strikes revamped with Taken.
  • Introducing more new weapons than Vanilla Destiny/Dark Below/House of Wolves combined.
  • Entirely new faction, The Taken, being introduced into the game. Past enemies ripped out of existence then thrown back in with new abilities and behaviors.
  • Entirely new weapon class (Heavy slot).
  • Level system back to the classic MMO exp leveling, from 1-40.
  • All current character max levels in Destiny will be the starting level come TTK.
  • One consumable buff per account to buff a single character to minimum required level for TTK.
  • Multiple new locations, with one being a new patrol area.
  • Patrols are now not easy mode, but rather the Dreadnaught contains secrets and treasures to keep players coming back to Patrol each week.
  • Weapons (legendary and exotic) have questlines to obtain them.
  • Eris Morn and Cayde 6 play major roles with the first story line of TTK.
  • Gunsmith now plays a major part in replayability including a reputation meter, weapon quests and weapon testings.
  • 8 new Crucible maps in new locations and new map mechanics.
  • 1 new subclass for each character class (3 total), covering the missing element from each respective class.
  • Nolan North taking over as head character voice for Ghost, retaking every line in the game and adding more to the existing game and TTK.
  • Over a dozen new exotic weapons and many more exotic armours for each class.
  • New Raid (King's Fall) being the biggest and best raid yet (Luke Smith - GameInformer).
  • Current mechanics for Destiny are/have been balanced and will be revealed at the launch of TTK.
  • New solution for the Vault system in works for release of TTK.
  • Armours have new mechanics which have more meaning based on your light level (which isn't being scrapped, it's just not the leveling system).
  • All weapon classes are being re-tuned to fit the new meta Bungie wants to have for Destiny.
  • Entirely new soundtrack equal in size to the current one.
  • Oryx makes his first appearance.
  • New ways of discovering lore within the world via the Ghost.
  • Emotes are now equipable.
  • Ghost shells offer character bonuses, class items offer character bonuses.
  • New cinematic cutscenes, all cutscenes have skipping enabled.
  • Entire Director menu being redesigned, Vanguard Strikes have revamped playlists.

Negatives;

• The massive price differentials between countries outside of USA.
  • Only 1 new patrol region, being the Dreadnaught, even with Phobos being the first mission of TTK it will not be a region operating for Patrol.
  • A quarter of the new Strikes with TTK being locked to PSN.
  • 2 recycled grenades per new subclass from already existing subclasses.
  • Nightstalker needing serious nerfing before TTK is released, currently as it stands holds potential as the most powerful subclass in the game by a landslide.
  • Digital and physical editions of the Collectors being the same price, even though digital Collectors contains less overall content.
  • "That Wizard came from the moon" dialogue line still not making an appearance in the game, with Nolan North being the VA for Ghost.
  • Like 3

• Nightstalker needing serious nerfing before TTK is released, currently as it stands holds potential as the most powerful subclass in the game by a landslide.

Could you go in better detail of this since I have no clue why it is considered OP?

Could you go in better detail of this since I have no clue why it is considered OP?

For PvP, you're able to permanently have maximum Armour/Recover/Agility, ontop of that once a tether occurs you can poison them via smoke and throw a vortex grenade in and easily get Slayers.

In PvE, you can give your teammates both weapons and blessing of light, while being able to pin all tier ads down via suppression.

"That Wizard came from the moon" dialogue line still not making an appearance in the game, with Nolan North being the VA for Ghost.

I totally agree with you Azaxx that is unacceptable by Bungie not to do that!

:D

In actuality, with the Light levelling system being scrapped I may come back to Destiny after I have finished Mgs V.

The Light system was my biggest problem in the game because it more or less stonewalled progress to a crawl. Now that its back however....

I will probably end up coming back to the game, finally.

• Like 1