Halo Wars 2 Announced!

HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2.

At Xbox's 2015 Gamescom conference, Halo Wars 2 was announced in a bombshell surprise teaser at the end of the presentation. The trailer shows the return of Red Team and what seems to be a prequel setting during the Human-Covenant War. This could also tie in to the recent appearance of the Spirit of Fire in Escalation and Hunters in the Dark. A large Brute chieftan also makes an appearance suggesting the return of the Brute tribes. We get brief glimpses of Red Team fighting an unknown entity that looks to be very Arbiter in appearance, but we just don't know. The game will arrive Autumn of 2016 on Xbox One and Windows 10, being developed by 343 Industries and Creative Assembly. The trailer can be found on YouTube.com if you wish to watch it.

post-26953-0-47955200-1438702890_thumb.png

All images and information provided by Microsoft, 343 Industries, and Creative Assembly.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 8

The mention of it being on Windows 10 and developed by The Creative Assembly has definitely piqued my interest. As a long-time RTS gamer, I have to admit that Halo Wars just reinforced my belief that it's impossible to make a good control scheme on a gamepad, as the first game's controls were, frankly, terrible. Here's hoping that the Win10 version comes natively with mouse & keyboard support, and that it's not going to require the use of a gamepad.

Wait...... wut...... WTF WAS THAT?!

That was a joke, an insult.... a disaster that made everyone involved look like fools in my eyes!

*sigh* let me explain. :)

I understand the need for cgi trailers, they once had a purpose but not anymore. They were there when games didn't really have cutscenes like imagine trying to make a trailer of the original Metal Gear games or something, nearly impossible to get people excited that way. But now games have plenty of cutscenes so I feel they are not needed anymore.

They serve no purpose, the only two times in recent memory I was excited for a game was Fallout 4 and Metal Gear Solid V, why? Because their first reveal trailer used in game footage. So now I have this weird expectancy that every game should do that and in my mind, they should. Cgi trailer had their place, now they no longer do.

To quote myself "At least Bethesda and production team eight ( mgs v team ) have the respect for their fanbase to not insult them with stupid cgi trailers" Sure, I cannot expect Halo wars to have a cgi trailer its an rts, its the only genre now that is still hard to do. So fine, do your cgi trailer I say but if you have some respect for your fans Ms, you should have at least put some in game footage at the end, even if its ten seconds, five seconds, ANYTHING.

This rant is more directed to all other genres, the rts genre and strategy game genre in general getting a near free pass in my book as long as they show a snippet of in game footage at the end. But this trailer didn't and the trailer seemed to have little relevance to anything I could think of. At least most cgi trailer do that, this one didn't.

At least Halo wars 2 is a thing though and this dosent turn into a Half life 3/DAO thing.

Anyway just a little rant here by yours truly, this is Big Boss/Caboose The Ace, signing off!

edit

Now you could argue they don't have ingame footage but the game is coming in 2016, so if they don't have anything to show.... I would be worried.

Edited by Big_Boss

Still some time, Caboose, yeah.

HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2.

I'd love to see more of Red Team; Jerome, Douglas, and Alice.

I'm way excited for this game. Here's to a good year!

That Brute Chieftain had a VERY interesting looking weapon.  You could have showed me that on its own and I would have thought it was a Fantasy weapon.

Glad to see the Spartan team from Wars back in action. Looking forward to seeing more revealed about the game. IM JUST SO HAPPY. 

That Brute Chieftain had a VERY interesting looking weapon.  You could have showed me that on its own and I would have thought it was a Fantasy weapon.

Glad to see the Spartan team from Wars back in action. Looking forward to seeing more revealed about the game. IM JUST SO HAPPY. 

Knowing 343i, Red Team will be dead within the first ten minutes.

RIP Black Team #BlackTeamLivesMatter.

"All Units. All Units. All Units. All Units. All Units. Defense Gauntlet... Researched."

The Private matches will be glorious! Hopefully it still has Co-Op Campaign though. Brutes and (Most likely) Flood are back so automatic ten atta ten.

\gud news HKEKHK

• Like 1

HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2 HALO WARS 2.

At Xbox's 2015 Gamescom conference, Halo Wars 2 was announced in a bombshell surprise teaser at the end of the presentation. The trailer shows the return of Red Team and what seems to be a prequel setting during the Human-Covenant War. This could also tie in to the recent appearance of the Spirit of Fire in Escalation and Hunters in the Dark. A large Brute chieftan also makes an appearance suggesting the return of the Brute tribes. We get brief glimpses of Red Team fighting an unknown entity that looks to be very Arbiter in appearance, but we just don't know. The game will arrive Autumn of 2016 on Xbox One and Windows 10, being developed by 343 Industries and Creative Assembly. The trailer can be found on YouTube.com if you wish to watch it.

hw2.png

All images and information provided by Microsoft, 343 Industries, and Creative Assembly.

This post has been promoted to an article

Looks f-ing sick. We see Douglas's face, maybe we'll see the other's? Also, maybe you can wear Mark 4 armor in Halo 5.

A new Halo Wars probably means more figures! *Screams inside*

Boooooooooo! Hope its cancelled! More money grabbing by 343. Good luck to all who buy it

Because a game funded by one of, if not the biggest tech companies out there is going to e cancelled. Y'know, a game which has been heavily requested by the fanbase for over half a decade?

I fail to see what is wrong with providing fans with what they ask for. It seems like you're just looking for excuses because LOL343 SUX LOLOL

More to the point, "coming to windows 10"

I'm surprised no one has picked up on that.

• Like 2

Because a game funded by one of, if not the biggest tech companies out there is going to e cancelled. Y'know, a game which has been heavily requested by the fanbase for over half a decade?

I fail to see what is wrong with providing fans with what they ask for. It seems like you're just looking for excuses because LOL343 SUX LOLOL

More to the point, "coming to windows 10"

I'm surprised no one has picked up on that.

I like 343 thank you very much. Halo Wars made me hate RTS. I just don't wan't my brother buying this otherwise I might as well buy another Xbox One. Everything has a deeper meaning you know.

I like 343 thank you very much. Halo Wars made me hate RTS. I just don't wan't my brother buying this otherwise I might as well buy another Xbox One. Everything has a deeper meaning you know.

Halo wars is and always was a poor RTS game, and shouldn't be used as a basis for judging the genre.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language.

HALO WARS 2! HALO WARS 2! YESYESYESYESYEESSSSSSSS!!!

Finally! It took them seven long years before they finally realised that we wanted a Halo Wars 2. Woo woo!  :yahoo: 

Great news Kenway! :D

Nice! I might think about getting that, since the first Halo Wars didn't go out so good for me. But Is Halo Wars 2 is even good?

For as far as I have played, yes. Campaign is great, cutscenes are amazing, epic battles such as Halo Wars Scene: Monsters. There's 8 different leaders to choose from. Instead of a random Brute Chieftain Leader, the leaders are all in campaign. Etc.

Other than that stuff I made up, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see when it comes out.

• Like 1