Gears of War: Ultimate Edition comes with 4 360 Gears games

qPidpGZ.png

Xbox Wire announced today that anyone who buys Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and plays the game from August 25th through December 31st will receive all of the Gears games from the Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility: free of charge. You do not need to own the games on the 360 to obtain the games.

The games are as follows (they are NOT remastered versions):

• Gears of War
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Gears of War: Judgement

Official image for the deal:

2915515-gears.jpg

The first Gears of War is already available to download for Xbox One Preview Program members if you already own the game on 360, as a tweet from Larry Hryb / Major Nelson states. Gears 2, 3, and Judgement however are not in the Preview Program as of now, but will be fully supported the moment Gears Ultimate Edition launches.

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is a complete remake of the first Gears of War from the Xbox: 360. The game now runs at 1080p 60fps, and all previous 360 assets have been updated: including cinematics, player models, lighting, and environments. The game comes with a multitude of new content such as 5 new Campaign chapters (90 minutes worth), 3 new Multiplayer modes, new gameplay mechanics from Gears of War 3 in Multiplayer, and new collectible "Comics" in the Ultimate Edition Campaign. Buying the game also gives you access to the Gears of War 4 Beta.

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition releases on August 25th in North America, and August 28th in Europe for the price of 50$ for the standard version, and 75$ for the deluxe version (which includes an extremely large amount of Multiplayer customization skins). The price may vary from region to region.

Thanks for reading!  :split:

Sources:

Gamespot 1 & 2, GearsofWar.com, Xbox Wire

• Like 4

Still not sure if I'll get this. I already have the 4 GoW games on 360, but with this I wouldn't need to put in the disc which is a slight convenience.

They can burn GoW Judgement for all I care though. We don't need that abomination!

Thanks for the news SD! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Dude, I have the originals. This is actually pretty crappy for me. However, I encourage all of you who have not played these to play them for their CAMPAIGN, not multiplayer. Multiplayer can be done next, as long as it's not Judgement. ;)

• Like 1

This definitely makes GOW:UE worth it. I have played GOW 1-3 but I haven't played judgement. Anyone who already has them should take into consideration that you're getting GOW 1 remastered with small additions as well as the original trilogy and judgement, and you get access to the GOW 4 beta, all this for less than the price of a new game. It's like the Master Chief Collection.

Edited by EGYPTIANGHETTO