Bungie Confirms Destiny Characters Will Transfer Through Games

Bungie Studios has confirmed that over the next ten years, your destiny characters will transfer through games, so you won't have to worry about restarting. 

Destiny, created by Bungie Studios, was released in September 2014 to a mixed reception, and to follow two expansion packs, The Dark Below and House of Wolves, were also released to further extend the game's roster of activities and content. With the future in mind, Bungie has confirmed that your playable character will carry over through the years of Destiny games, this information relaying from GameSpot.com. Destiny's lead engineer, Luke Timmins, explained that, "We certainly take it seriously that Destiny is a ten-year thing. It's a long-term thing and with these adventures that we're adding my contract to you--and any player--is that your Guardian will always be there." With this in mind, they confirm that they want you to continue on the saga as your own character, but whether weapons, gear, and other items like that will transfer along with your personal Guardian is a mystery. It is also unknown if you'll be limited to transferring only one character to future games and major expansions. The next adventure in Destiny, The Taken King, will be released in September of 2015 and Bungie has confirmed that another game is in the works. Rumor also has it that two other expansions will follow The Taken King, but details about these are unknown.

post-26953-0-31195300-1438049271_thumb.png

All information and images sourced from Bungie Studios, Activision, and Luke Timmins.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

I thought this was confirmed a long time ago? :)

I even remember you doing a news article on it....... strange.

Well anyway, I remember from the article you did Bungie confirmed that you will start out at level one in the next Destiny game to make it fair to new players....

So I don't really see the point of character transfer, you might get a emblem or something but lets face it the Destiny character customisation was worse than Dragon Age Inquisition, and that character customisation sucked, THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY BEARDS!   

This isn't like a Dragon age or a Mass effect thing where you can transfer your character and the decisions you made, because your character in Destiny is a blank slate that hardly ever talks, at all........ and because you never make any decisions in the game.....

I thought this was confirmed a long time ago? :)

I even remember you doing a news article on it....... strange.

Well anyway, I remember from the article you did Bungie confirmed that you will start out at level one in the next Destiny game to make it fair to new players....

So I don't really see the point of character transfer, you might get a emblem or something but lets face it the Destiny character customisation was worse than Dragon Age Inquisition, and that character customisation sucked, THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ANY BEARDS!   

This isn't like a Dragon age or a Mass effect thing where you can transfer your character and the decisions you made, because your character in Destiny is a blank slate that hardly ever talks, at all........ and because you never make any decisions in the game.....

Reasons why characters need to be transferable on Destiny.

• Unlocked progress on previous story lines
  • Continual use of armours and weapons
  • PvP stats
  • Hidden collectables found
  • Attachment to character

There's literally no reason to not understand the point of character transferring. Just because you don't impact the story, doesn't mean there aren't other reasons to transfer.

^

Unlocked progress on previous story lines

◾Continual use of armours and weapons: Even if this is the case, you are going to get new ones straight away, I remember Bungie saying you will start out at level one to make it fair anyway

◾PvP stats: Fair enough I suppose.

◾Hidden collectables found: Why cant these be found by all players.

◾Attachment to character: Your character is a blank slate. I really don't see anyway you could be attached to him or her.

Maybe you have a slight attachment to the character because of the gear he or she has depending on how hard you worked to get it, but not the character him/herself, just the gear.

What? The character your spent five seconds customisation? As I said earlier the customisation sucked. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE BEARDS.

You cannot even create a decent looking Human character in that game ( I didn't try the Awoken though ) and trust me, the amount of restarts I did only to have to restart again, only eventually come to the conclusion that making a decent character was impossible, was many.... :)

^

Unlocked progress on previous story lines

◾Continual use of armours and weapons: Even if this is the case, you are going to get new ones straight away, I remember Bungie saying you will start out at level one to make it fair anyway

◾PvP stats: Fair enough I suppose.

◾Hidden collectables found: Why cant these be found by all players.

◾Attachment to character: Your character is a blank slate. I really don't see anyway you could be attached to him or her.

Maybe you have a slight attachment to the character because of the gear he or she has depending on how hard you worked to get it, but not the character him/herself, just the gear.

What? The character your spent five seconds customisation? As I said earlier the customisation sucked. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE BEARDS.

You cannot even create a decent looking Human character in that game ( I didn't try the Awoken though ) and trust me, the amount of restarts I did only to have to restart again, only eventually come to the conclusion that making a decent character was impossible, was many.... :)

You can get new weapons and armours, but who says you're being forced to rid of the old ones? No one. You keep the old stuff because it's useful.

Hidden Collectors are tied to account, and your characters depending on the collectables. So if you want to keep them, you keep the character

Again, blank slate is wrong, because you're keeping stuff. And ontop of that Bungie has never start you will start at level 1, ever. Destiny 2 and 3 will expand upon the current game with their own twists. Do you restart a character with each World of Warcraft expansion/sequel? No you don't, same to this.

I spent around 10-15 minutes per character and decided on the right one, my females are good looking with two Humans and one Awoken. Who cares if men don't have a beard, does the game need to appeal to every single bit of human detail on the planet? No is the answer because you might as well start having an option for a mole on every part of the face. Just because you don't like how it looks, doesn't mean it's bad looking. Opinions are not facts, that needs to be learned apparently.

^

Well I seem to remember Bungie saying you will start a level one for fairness in an interview a while back, I could be wrong now though, they might have changed it. :)

Also lets be honest, the Destiny character customisation was not the best out there, it may not be as bad in your opinion but it certainly wasn't good. It might just be me but I find is very hard to create a good looking character without a beard. As soon as the beard is there, everything comes into place for me.

"You can get new weapons and armours, but who says you're being forced to rid of the old ones? No one. You keep the old stuff because it's useful"

But you are going to get new stuff really quick anyway...

Ahh, glad to hear it Edward. Music to my ears. 

Also Caboose, you have your helmet on for the majority of the game (Or all of it if you choose to have it on in social spaces, and to be honest, my helm is always on) so the beards aren't really all that important.

Good the news coming, EK!

I'm with Caboose here Ed I could have sworn this got confirmed ages ago and you did a thread on it.

But hey at least it got the double confirm which means we need it a third confirmation to be safe (because doing things 3 times is good luck)

• Like 1

^

Presumably you will be able to transfer your character from Destiny 2 to Destiny 3....

or if you asking if your character transfers from Destiny to Destiny 2, in that case you need to get your eyes tested. Because the news article is right up top, 100 confirmed all that jazz. :)

^

Presumably you will be able to transfer your character from Destiny 2 to Destiny 3....

or if you asking if your character transfers from Destiny to Destiny 2, in that case you need to get your eyes tested. Because the news article is right up top, 100 confirmed all that jazz. :)

Oh, I see.

Well to be fair my vision isn't great, also just the fact I didn't understand since I don't play the game to begin with. Thanks Caboose.

^
^

Nothing was wrong with it I guess, I just was not sure what it was.

"So your character will transfer to the next game(s"

If Melody was asking if your character from Destiny will go to Destiny 2 then... well you understand why I said go get your eyes tested. :D Because I'm pretty sure the article confirms that right off the bat. "Bungie Studios has confirmed that over the next ten years, your destiny characters will transfer through games, so you won't have to worry about restarting" < First paragraph.

However I also presumed that perhaps Melody was referring to Destiny three, for some reason, the answer to that being, presumably.