In Need of Help - Finals Paper

MCPO Mayh3m

Hello everyone! 

I am in need of some help ASAP!! (preferably before midnight tomorrow [sunday, 19th]). 

I must write a paper about music! Well... sorta... here is a basic outline for what I need your help for:

I have to explore the relationship of music to its decade, starting from the 60's all the way to 2010! I have to have an example for each decade (every 10 years) and the example needs to include a song that personifies the decade. In other words, what kind of high profile events or movements went on, and what song was represents it the best?

So here is the list:

PLEASE have an event to go along with the song in the particular decade.

60's Event/Song:

70's Event/Song:

80's Event/Song:

90's Event/Song:

2000-2010 Event/Song:

ANY help is appreciated!

• Like 1

Easy, for 60s choose Jimi Hendrix-all along the watch tower. This relates to the Vietnamese war and moon landing.

For 70s you could go with David bowie- starman, now all you need to do is to find an event that matches up to it.

For 80s, you could have the event of the collapse of the Berlin wall.Find a song for that.

Or it could be for the 80s you could have U.S shoots down Iranian airliner. For a song you could have Kenny Loggins-Danger Zone

Edited by Helix Amell
  • Like 2

Easy, for 60s choose Jimi Hendrix-all along the watch tower. This relates to the Vietnamese war and moon landing.

For 70s you could go with David bowie- starman

You'll have to be specific as my brain is half fried tonight from reading/typing out stuff... what happened in the 70's to relate to the song? 

I know it is a stupid question... but geez. My mind isn't making the connection. lol

Ok instead for the 70s do the breakup of the Beatles event with the song Bee Gees-How can you mend a broken heart or try David Bowie-Life on Mars

Ok, for 90s do the event of rioting in los Angeles after Rodney king verdict. For the song try Nirvana-come as you were.

2000 world celebrates 1st millennium. For the song who could have phil collins-look through my eyes.

Ok instead for the 70s do the breakup of the Beatles event with the song Bee Gees-How can you mend a broken heart or try David Bowie-Life on Mars

Ok, for 90s do the event of rioting in los Angeles after Rodney king verdict. For the song try Nirvana-come as you were.

Nice. I'll keep this in mind.

1977 "We are the Champions" - Queen

Was the US really a champion in the 70's after Vietnam? Was there time for the "loser" veterans?

The economy was dealing with both rapid unemployment and inflation. Was the US till the best, the champions of the world? Did it have other nations' best interest at heart with coups and political games in smaller countries? Was the US really being a champion for the world?

• Like 1

60's: Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival: Not only was this song the unofficial anthem of the Vietnam War, it was written specifically about the military draft, and lamented the fact the those lucky enough to be related to a politician, or to have enough money, were able to avoid mandatory draft.

70's: Horse With No Name - America: With the rising drug problem in the United States; this song was actually banned on many radio stations do to it's drug references (The Horse is actually Heroin.)

80's: We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel: This whole song is about world events. Not hard to make the connections. Just check the lyrics.

90's: Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind: Despite the campy pop sound and happy lyrics; this song is actually about Crystal Meth, a rising problem in America, and how not everyone you see is a normal, happy, loving person.

00's: Where is the Love - Black Eyed Peas: Once again, a poignant song about issues that plagued the country at the time.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Like 3