To all those worried about the Digital collectors/limited edtion not having a physical copy, 343 has found a soloution!

As detailed in the Halo weekly update: "The digital copy of Halo 5: Guardians inside the Limited Edition, and Limited Collector's Edition can be exchanged for a physical copy at no extra charge" Yep you heard right, you can now have a physical copy with all editions if you so choose! ( Credit to Sd for making me aware of this )

Link to the weekly update https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-community-update-7-17-15

Hopefully this will solves a lot of peoples beef with H5g. You have to admit, 343 has gone above and beyond with the amount of changes they have made based on feedback.

For example: Changing Locke's voice actor. :)

Edited by Caboosh Teh Aish

• 4 weeks later...

This never really made any sense to me. Collectors are the ones who would want the physical copy and collectors are the ones who would be buying the limited edition. It's great that they have a solution but 343's logic baffles me at times.

I'm with you on this one.  Logic derived from the past and present mindset of the current generations of gamers, dictates that giving players an easier method to obtain their games rather than wait in lines and go out to the nearest stores should be a well recieved idea.

I still don't understand all the rage for needing a physical copy.  Having the digital copy and the license attached to your GT adn console is exactly the same as having the physical disc.  either way, the game is NOT played from the disc and installed to the HDD.  The only value that adding a physical disc does, is allow people to trade it in and get money for it, and still be able to play the game.

By that logical marketing decision, they might as well charge an extra $10-$20 for the LE so the gamers that DO trade or try to make monery off this stuff...... don't.

• 2 weeks later...

^

I sorta agree with that. :)

Now that you can pre load games before they come out and games install anyway making it the same memory as a digital copy....

The only real benefit is trading it in. I would prefer a physical copy sure just for the trade in value.... and that I can share the game I guess.....

And people saying 343 has destroyed Halo by doing this..... are just taking this way to much out of hand.

Then again, digital downloads on consoles have only started getting somewhere in the last couple of years and people are generally stuck in their ways.

15 or more years of buying disks only to be told for Halo 5 collectors edition you no longer can..... that's hard to accept for some.

At least 343 has found a solution.