Should I Get Destiny?

depressant

If you like Halo's weapon combat, get the Taken King bundle. Absolutely worth it.

No, I would suggest you save your money for a better game. :)

The loot system is still generally broken so in essence the game is broken.

The game is okay but when there are much better games out there, it isn't worth it.

Factually wrong, there is nothing broken about the loot system. As you've been proven wrong in the past, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's broken.

• Like 3

I bought it at launch and quickly lost interest. Maybe that the updates it got last year improved it, but they've lost me.

If you do get it keep the following close at heart "RNGesus is a -Yoink!-"

It is completely up to you. I play it very often and I do know that there are many flaws within the game. If you do decide to buy it however, but the Taken King bundle. It comes with the game and all of the dlcs including some extra stuff for a very cheap price

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^

I am right though, from a certain point of view. :)

The loot system is still broken because it rewards players based on a dice role.

Lets give a typical scenario shall we?

Three guys team up to do the Vault of Glass from start to finish and they do. At the last possible second their friend joins....

At the end of the match the guy who just joined gets gjallarhorn and everyone else just get shards.

How is that fair when some random joe turns up and snags the best loot and everyone else gets jack?!

It isn't fair and its a dumb broken system. And since Destiny revolves around getting loot, and the loot system is broken......

The game is broken, simple.

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

^

I am right though, from a certain point of view. :)

The loot system is still broken because it rewards players based on a dice role.

Lets give a typical scenario shall we?

Three guys team up to do the Vault of Glass from start to finish and they do. At the last possible second their friend joins....

At the end of the match the guy who just joined gets gjallarhorn and everyone else just get shards.

How is that fair when some random joe turns up and snags the best loot and everyone else gets jack?!

It isn't fair and its a dumb broken system. And since Destiny revolves around getting loot, and the loot system is broken......

The game is broken, simple.

That's not broken, you need to rectify your definition on what broken is, cause yours is wrong.

RNG is RNG, there is nothing broken about it. Something being broken is like you being guaranteed something but you don't get it. Most MMO's these days, including the big name like Warcraft use RNG and it works perfectly fine, because those people don't feel entitled to what they get. That's the problem with players in Destiny and RNG, people feel entitled to get something just because they completed a random task.

And on the other side you can get guaranteed loot from vendors and a guaranteed exotic from Xur and the first hard PoE you do that week from the treasure chest. People like yourself seem to overlook that fact and blame RNG, when infact it's not bad nor broken.

• Like 4

^
^

But playing the Vault of Glass isn't a random task its a collaborative effort. :)

Its takes work to get to the end. The system should at least take something into account like you cant get loot if you were only in the game for 10 mins.

Already that's solves a lot of things.

^

^

But playing the Vault of Glass isn't a random task its a collaborative effort. :)

Its takes work to get to the end. The system should at least take something into account like you cant get loot if you were only in the game for 10 mins.

Already that's solves a lot of things.

That means those who get disconnected and rejoin later are automatically put at a disadvantage. Messing with RNG by law makes it unbalanced and unfair, as RNG is the most fair way of dropping loot in a non guaranteed fashion.

VoG is a random task, it's end game but still random in the grand scheme of things. And VoG already has a heightened chance rate for good loot. So as I said before, it's not broken, you just don't like it.

• Like 2

^

Sure it may sound fair on pen and paper but in reality it is not. :)

Three players get shards
One player who just joined gets gjallarhorn

Not that just isn't fair on those three players no matter how you put it.

Here is an improvement on my idea: If you lag out/quit and come back you are still viable for loot because the game tracks it.

Though of course you still have to be in the game for up to 10 minutes.

Granted it isn't a perfect system but its fairer than the one now and would solve some issues players are having.  

^

Sure it may sound fair on pen and paper but in reality it is not. :)

Three players get shards

One player who just joined gets gjallarhorn

Not that just isn't fair on those three players no matter how you put it.

Here is an improvement on my idea: If you lag out/quit and come back you are still viable for loot because the game tracks it.

Though of course you still have to be in the game for up to 10 minutes.

Granted it isn't a perfect system but its fairer than the one now and would solve some issues players are having.

First of all Vault of Glass is a six-man activity, some parts can be done with maybe 4, but 3 is pushing the envelope and is mostly impossible. You CANNOT run through the whole raid with 3 people, because Aetheon requires 3 players to teleport, so if you only have 3, then no one is on the outside, automatic failure.

Secondly, you're guarenteed rewards throughout the whole raid, the chance of getting ALL SHARDS is very little, but if it does happen, you can always run it on another character, or put those shards to good use and upgrade stuff or trade with the speaker. The chance to get a Gjallarhorn from any part of the raid is slim, but I have gotten it from the chest, so it is possible.

Your idea of a player joining and getting all the good stuff is flawed because a random player likely won't join you mid-game, and if they do, kick them, simple as that. Anyone in your game IS PART OF YOUR RAID TEAM, and being part of your raid team means you're all putting in the effort to get the goods. Not one Vault of Glass run did I get nothing but shards, nor did any of my team-mates. Will you always get something you want? No. But you're still guarenteed a reward of some kind. If you don't like it, you try again next week. Took me upwards of ten tries to get my Fatebringer, but I use her everyday.

The game is not broken because of RNG, let's get that clear.

Anyways, Arbiter, if you like a good community driven game, absolutely try to get the Taken King Bundle. Myself, Yang, and Shadowfiend play frequently, so we'll help ya along.

• Like 1

Okay, lets clear a few things up.

1. Like Kenway has stated, just because the loot is RNG, it doesn't mean that it is broken. You keep saying that the loot is broken because it is all RNG base. Have you forgotten that the law of RNG is random? It is a pure dice role. You think that because you have done a certain thing, you'll get the best loot in the game. This isn't a Daedric quest line like in Skyrim you know.

2. It is next to impossible to do VoG with three people nowadays. Yes you can do it, good luck finding a group to three man VoG.

3. You're saying that someone joins in at the end of the raid and steals all of the loot and someone's Gjallarhorn. You do know that the chances of that are very very slim, also it wouldn't matter if that guy joined in anyway. He wouldn't of stolen the loot or the Gjallarhorn.

Also what are the chances of someone joining right at the end and not getting kicked? People can't see where someone is during the raid. They will join because they either want to play with their friends or because they've been invited. Usually if someone joins mid-game and no one says anything, they get kicked almost instantly. Also you have to be in the game for a certain amount of time before you can even get any loot.

4. I have rarely ever seen anyone go through VoG and get nothing but shards or energies. I get a weapon, a piece of armour, a class item or an exotic 95% of the time. As you can see, it is very slim that I get a run full of shards.

Is this game broken? Yes. Has this game got flaws? What game doesn't have flaws? Am I biased to the game and Bungie? Nope. I'm just telling you that most of the stuff you're saying isn't really correct, some parts are like the unfairness of the RNG. But it's RNG and most of the other stuff isn't right.

• Like 2

^
^

I have seen a 3 man team do Vault of glass, infact a while back my friend showed me a video of a single person doing it, solo, by himself.
Though of course the exploit he used his probably patched by now. :)

"You're saying that someone joins in at the end of the raid and steals all of the loot and someone's Gjallarhorn. You do know that the chances of that are very very slim, also it wouldn't matter if that guy joined in anyway. He wouldn't of stolen the loot or the Gjallarhorn" Problem is, there shouldn't be a chance at all that could happen.

Though I think that's all I got to say about this to be honest.

The system should be changed somewhat to make it fairer, but of course it is my opinion.

^

^

I have seen a 3 man team do Vault of glass, infact a while back my friend showed me a video of a single person doing it, solo, by himself.

"You're saying that someone joins in at the end of the raid and steals all of the loot and someone's Gjallarhorn. You do know that the chances of that are very very slim, also it wouldn't matter if that guy joined in anyway. He wouldn't of stolen the loot or the Gjallarhorn" Problem is, there shouldn't be a chance at all that could happen.

The system should be changed somewhat to make it fairer, but of course it is my opinion.

I know that you can three man VoG and I was saying to Kenway earlier today that I've heard of someone who soloed VoG. I never said it's impossible.

Also the reason that the system is as it is, it's because that if someone needs help with a certain part (let's use the Templar as an example) and they can't kill it, they invite you in to help. Would it be unfair then to say that you get no loot when you go into help them?

RPGs cannot lock people out of loot unless you've done it once on that character. Even if you haven't gotten the loot, what you're saying is that people who join a game in progress cannot earn loot. That I find unfair.

Also you keep saying how it is broken but you're not giving us any way that you can fix it.

^

^

Yes, it is possible for a skilled team to 3-2 man it, and I'm sure even solo is possible. Or was possible. But what you're saying is completely wrong. No one is joining mid-game and getting a reward. It takes about 30 seconds to load up, and until then, you don't get rewards. If you're an unwanted, you will be kicked before this happens. But even if you aren't, it depends on which area in the raid you're in. Ghorn can only be earned in certain areas, mainly chests, which a person jumping in without permission won't be able to get. You need to be revived when you spawn in. Final boss fights are usually with full teams, but if they aren't, you don't have to worry about someone popping in. 

^
^

Did you miss my previous posts?

I gave an example on how to fix it. :)

"Its takes work to get to the end. The system should at least take something into account like you cant get loot if you were only in the game for 10 mins. If you lag out/quit and come back you are still viable for loot because the game tracks it. Though of course you still have to be in the game for up to 10 minutes"

Already that fixes a lot of problems.

^

^

Did you miss my previous posts?

I gave an example on how to fix it. :)

"Its takes work to get to the end. The system should at least take something into account like you cant get loot if you were only in the game for 10 mins. If you lag out/quit and come back you are still viable for loot because the game tracks it. Though of course you still have to be in the game for up to 10 minutes"

Already that fixes a lot of problems.

Okay, I'm gonna list all the reasons that wouldn't work. 

1. You'd have to gut the game completely and design the whole game around this system, which is not only now impossible, but would waste time, money, and system processing power. It probably wouldn't even be possible on 360 and PS3.

2. How does that fix RNG? So, the game tracks if you've been in the game, and you get rewards. That is completely unnecessary when you can simply let anyone who passes through that part of the raid get the reward. Nobody is joining in and stealing your stuff, DO YOU NOT GET THIS.

3. What problems is this fixing? So, if you lag out and come back, you get a reward... IT'S ALREADY SET UP THIS WAY. Except there isn't some extremely time-consuming system set up behind it. It simply works that you beat that area, congrats, here's a reward. Done. Finished. 

4. This makes speed-running nonexistent, as you'd get nothing out of it. Crota was done in 8 minutes, 2 minutes less than your cap time.

Crap time? ^
Its just an idea I'm throwing out there, sure its not a perfect system but nothing is perfect, so don't be quick to bash it like that. 

The problem is the game should not have been built that way in the first place. The rng system sounds fair on pen and paper but in reality, it sucks.
"but would waste time, money, and system processing power" But it would make the game oh so much better!

"congrats, here's a reward. Done. Finished" What a silly shard? When the guy who just joined for the last few minutes and just hid in a corner doing nothing gets the exotic rocket launcher I always talk about. That just should not happen.

"This makes speed-running nonexistent, as you'd get nothing out of it. Crota was done in 8 minutes" Well how about we make the cap seven minutes just for Crota? :D

Edited by Caboosh Teh Aish