Halo 2 on Legendary.

joyc13

I know is cheating but i am currently playing Halo 2 on Legendary and watching a Halo 2 Legendary guide at the same time to assist me in doing this extremely hard difficulty, i don't care how i do it i just want to complete it, so far the tips and strategies i am seeing are working quite nicely.

There is no shame in using a video or written guide for Halo 2. From my perspective and many I have seen throughout the franchise, Halo 2 has the most difficult Legendary Campaign. If you ever have any quesrions about something you find in the guides, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck finishing the game dude.

• Like 4

Advice for completing Halo 2 on Legendary :)

1 You will die, no matter how skilled sometimes that Jackal snipers are just unstoppable aimbots.

2 Stick to cover and keep your distance

3 Never go in for a melee except when you have an energy sword

4 Never advance until all enemy's are dead.

5 A Plasma pistol and a Br are a winning combo to try and use.

Edited by Caboosh Teh Aish
  • Like 2

Advice for completing Halo 2 on Legendary :)

3 Never go in for a melee except when you have an energy sword

4 Never advance until all enemy's are dead.

5 A Plasma pistol and a Br are a winning combo to try and use.

Just to expand on these three points in particular:

Even when you have an Energy Sword, try to avoid melee. On Legendary, an Energy Sword hit doesn't even guarantee that you're going to drop an Elite's shields, let alone kill it outright, and if you don't at least stagger them with the hit then they'll just immediately melee you right back and it will kill you. Use melee to pick off single grunts or Jackals, or as a desperation move if you have an Energy Sword and you're about to be killed anyway, but otherwise the only time you want to actively be choosing to get in to close range is when you're dealing with the Flood.

As soon as the enemies are dead, advance forward and then immediately fall back, because Halo 2 just loves to spawn enemies behind you, or on top of you, or somewhere that you're not expecting, and the simple act of moving forward will get you killed as often as not.

The noob combo is a dangerous thing, and in Halo 2 it's at its most powerful. Put simply, the only times where you won't want to be using it is if there's a Rocket Launcher or a Sniper Rifle available (or the racial equivalent), or if you're fighting the Flood, where you'll want to go with a headshot/close range weapon combo.

Good tips though, Caboose!

• Like 2

To expand on this I would offer the following....learn and memorize spawn patterns!

Throughout Halo 2 you will encounter many areas with enemies in swarms or Elites at Honor Guard permutations. Learn from your deaths, and learn where the enemies repeatedly step or come out of cover from. EX, opening doors, blind corners, etc...

Learning where an enemy comes from and the engagement tactic they use, can help you successfully land a consistent guaranteed kill using a plasma grenade, and in mlst cases will assist in lowering nearby squads in health and shields. Grenades are your friend!

Second tip....Needler! Dual weilded needlers are a good choice of weaponset in Halo 2.

• Like 2

What I did to complete the campaign was always to pick off the no shield targets with my Br from a distance and move in somewhat closer for the shielded ones since they're literal bullet sponges you don't want to waste all your ammo on.

There are some tough areas that may seem impossible to navigate, but keep in mind that you don't need to eliminate ALL enemies to advance, just pick off the easy ones/the ones in your way and rush through.

There are some out of map glitches you may or may not want to make use of. I did on outskirts when moving into the heavy sniper infested area after Johnson gets picked up (plenty of tutorials on YT)

Ok i seriously hate Halo 2 because of it's Legendary difficulty, i never want to touch this ******* game again. Halo 1, 3 & 4 were absolutely awesome even on Legendary, Halo 2 has the most badly designed difficulty i have ever seen in a game, by far the worst. I do not even see the point of playing Legendary in Halo 2 it is that bad. Whoever designed Legendary in Halo 2 went way too far.

@joyc13

If you're having any trouble you could always go searching for someone to play co-op with. Co-op is much easier.

You could invite some forum members that are willing to help out. Just give a shout!

Halo 2 was specifically designed to be just as difficult as you are experincing. As Caboose said, put the tips we gave yo to good use or search out those whom like myself, could complete H2 Legendary in their sleep. If I had an Xbox One I would help you.