"A Hero Reborn" Halo 5 ViDoc Analysis

pKFSv2C.png

A 12 minute documentary of Halo 5: Guardians released today on IGN's Youtube channel, which you can watch here (or view the embedded version below). The ViDoc weaves through a myriad of ideas, backstory, and behind the scenes footage while numerous 343 Industries employees have concurrent "mini interviews".

Noteworthy things from the video include (the corresponding images will be linked via #):

• The introductory cutscene for the ViDoc's name, which might actually be in the game. It shows Locke climbing up some sort of rocky cliff (or getting up? His BR is laying on the ground beneath him, so he could have fallen) while the screen pans up to a view of Chief standing atop the hill. # # #
  • Yellow Gauss Hog, Yellow Mongoose, a Yellow "Wargoose" or Gungoose (seems to have weapons attached to it's hood. It's currently unconfirmed on what it is), a crashed Pelican colored yellow, and an AI character (construction worker?) driving a Mongoose. These might be possible construction themed vehicles. # # # #
  • A dev working on a 343 Industries themed Assault Rifle. #
  • Chief touching Cortana's chip, which vanishes afterward, and a apparition of Cortana. This is from the Blue Team level that has been shown before. # # #
  • An Elite presumably working on a parked Banshee with it's wings & hood raised. #
  • Development model of the Wraith (it's still the actual model that's in the final game), and some weird looking Tank in the background. #
  • Mini Forklift. #
  • A wall in Campaign that can be destroyed by a Shoulder Charge (it's the cracked wall underneath the destroyed stairs). #
  • Chat bubbles over team characters heads when they talk (possibly the same bubbles seen in game chat in Online Coop). # #
  • First Person view of the revive mechanic. # #
  • AI friendly Elites. #
  • First Person view of Locke ordering Spartan Tanaka to pick up a Scattershot. # #
  • Shade Turret. #
  • Anti-Air Turret? #
  • Captain Lasky. # #
  • Buck holding an unknown Magnum variant (his personal sidearm?). #
  • Dr. Halsey. #

I have compiled an extensive album of around 103 images from the ViDoc here. Though it certainly is not all of the obtainable screenshots.

Finally, the ViDoc itself can be viewed below if you declined to click the IGN link at the beginning of this article.

Thanks for reading!  :rambo:

Sources:

IGN, my own ViDoc album post on r/halo

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Thanks for the analysis, missed some of the points while watching it myself :D

I think we can all say the the Mini Forklift is going to be a game changer! :hrhr:

What interested me the most was the 343i themed AR, will it be unlockable or Dev only? And that pistol, possibly a legendary weapon? If anything this creates more questions than that it answers them! :sweat:

Gud analysis Destruct.

Orange/Reddish Banshees

Scattershot Confirmed

Forklift Confirmed

I'm also Digging that BR with the (Sort of) Old Scope on it.

Friendly A.I Elites is a good thing. Haven't seen it in a while.

I like the new Tank though, looks more buff, and that Wraith reminds me of a Droid Tank from Star Wars.

Fabulous screens. You pointed out some good stuff SD. Here are some more:

The possible very very unfortunate death, again possible, of Jul 'Mdama. 

yNQ7RJ.gif

H5G-LockevsJul1.png

Mystery Figures:

tumblr_nra53aqoua1ruienfo1_1280.png

Script containing lines from Team Majestic: 

9eHHEJv.png

VdRkQ7p.png

KBeVe2F.png

Locke possibly holding the "alien container" mentioned in the script above:

H5G_Locke_observing_unknown_device.png

All screenshots above are courtesy of HaloArchive.

• Like 1

The name of this trailer got me thinking. :)

How about they change the way Chief looks? The look he has now has had since Halo 2.  

Now before I get attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of Halofanboys armed with miniguns and flamethrowers, hear me out!

He has had this look since Halo 2, now I think since we are in a new Saga and a new era for Halo, why not change it drastically.

You know, the look has got a bit boring now, you know?

Now before I get attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of Halofanboys armed with miniguns and flamethrowers, hear me out!

The Sad thing is that is exactly what I would feel most people would do if it happened. Go Pitch that idea on Halo Waypoint and watch the fireworks! No really don't do that, they have enough problems over there already.

Considering they changed a decent bit from Halo 3 to 4, it probably won't ever change again.

^

Heh, you just gave me an idea.... :D
Jk, I would never go back there, my account is banned on that site anyway for trolling. 

Anyway, I found some pretty good pictures of Mc in 3 and 4.

http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/Halo4_Master-Chief-10_tif_jpgcopy.jpg  Halo 4 Mc

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110303010514/halo/images/f/fc/Halo_3-_Master_Chief.jpg Halo 3 Mc

As far as I can tell Chief's armour was a little more slimmer in Halo 4 than Halo 3 and his colour was slightly different (or maybe that was the art styles work)  apart from that I hardly see any massive difference.