Mirror's Edge Catalyst Collector's Edition Revealed!

If you're a diehard Mirror's Edge fan, and excited for Catalyst, you'll be in for a pretty lavish treat with the new Collector's Edition!

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a new addition to the Mirror's Edge franchise following up the 2008 predecessor, Mirror's Edge. This week, a Collector's Edition bundle was unveiled on the game's official site MirrorsEdge.com that is likely to make fans of the series quite happy. The bundle will retail for $200 and will include a few goodies for interested buyers. The highlight of the special edition is a 14inch statue showing a poetic parallel between younger and older Faith. Also included are 10 pieces of limited edition concept art, a stylish steelbook, temporary tattoos such as Faith's iconic arm branding, a lithograph, and to encase it all, a collector's edition box with the game's logo inscribed on it. You can pre-order a copy for yourself at GameStop today and more retailers will become available as time goes on. The game will follow the origins and later years of Faith Connors, a rebellious heroine with an innate skill in parkour and will release on February 23rd, 2015 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows, with later release dates for Australia and Europe.

post-26953-0-74594800-1436492691_thumb.jpg

All images and information sourced from DICE and Electronic Arts.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

I'm so excited! ^_^ I will totally try to get this if possible! :) I wonder if it will have more DLC? Maybe more time trials! :D

Thanks for the news EK. ^_^

(Mirror's Edge was like my favourite game on the 360, I need this. lol.)

Edited by Melody

Oh EA, always trying to rip your consumers off, how cute. smile.png

Seriously who in the right mind would spent 200$ on this?

I admit, I bashed the Halo 5 collectors edition, but compared to this, that thing is a bargain.

"The highlight of the special edition is a 14inch statue showing a poetic parallel between younger and older Faith. Also included are 10 pieces of limited edition concept art, a stylish steelbook, temporary tattoos such as Faith's iconic arm branding, a lithograph, and to encase it all, a collector's edition box with the game's logo inscribed on it."

So lets see what bang for you buck you get here

Arms branding? Okay

A statue..... how original ( so glad the F4 Pipboy edtion exists )

Concept art..... really? ( You could just look at those things on the Internet )

A steelbook *yawn*

temporary tattoos.... What? EA must be really scratching their heads for ideas but I don't think people past the age of 10 wear temporary tattoos.

A lithograph

And finally *drumroll please* A collectors edition box!

My conclusion on this edition: A total rip-off that I warn everyone who reads this post not to buy, please spend your money on something much more worthwhile.

Oh EA, always trying to rip your consumers off, how cute. smile.png

Seriously who in the right mind would spent 200$ on this?

I admit, I bashed the Halo 5 collectors edition, but compared to this, that thing is a bargain.

"The highlight of the special edition is a 14inch statue showing a poetic parallel between younger and older Faith. Also included are 10 pieces of limited edition concept art, a stylish steelbook, temporary tattoos such as Faith's iconic arm branding, a lithograph, and to encase it all, a collector's edition box with the game's logo inscribed on it."

So lets see what bang for you buck you get here

Arms branding? Okay

A statue..... how original ( so glad the F4 Pipboy edtion exists )

Concept art..... really? ( You could just look at those things on the Internet )

A steelbook *yawn*

temporary tattoos.... What? EA must be really scratching their heads for ideas but I don't think people past the age of 10 wear temporary tattoos.

A lithograph

And finally *drumroll please* A collectors edition box!

My conclusion on this edition: A total rip-off that I warn everyone who reads this post not to buy, please spend your money on something much more worthwhile.

Physical items always, and I mean always mean more than looking at an image on a screen. Holding something and being able to say "I own this" is vastly superior to anything digital. People who love series would obtain great enjoyment from something like a statue, small little stickers, keychains, concept art, you name it. Because they've felt an attraction to something that most other things (that be games or another medium) can't reach up to.

Do you know what ripping a customer off is? Distribution charges. Overpricing an item to hell just because it was shipped to another country, and not simply adding on the shipping tax, but rather adding an extra 5-10% because the publisher can. That's what a rip off is. Another example is taking half the content out of something then selling it later (see Mass Effect 3). Or advertising something that seems amazing, but turns out absolute crap (McDonalds Mega Mac). Those are ripoffs, not something that's tuned for fans of a series who'd love to get their hands on something collectable.

• Like 3

^

I can see your point. Some people take value in the physical things, but still I must disagree! :)

Is it really worth 200$ for a statue and a bit of concept art? No not really in my eyes.

I have seen collectors editions that are this price or less with much more bang for your buck, such as the Halo 5 collectors edition.

As much as I bashed that thing it is a much better deal than, this abomination.

Granted I'm not the most materialistic person, I am ready fork over cash when I see a good collectors edition that is value for money, however I hardly ever do.

Last time I ever got anything other than the plain standard edition was when Halo 4 came out, the limited edition was pretty good I thought.