• Halo 3: ODST
    • Halo 4
  2. 2. Easiest Campaign Solo Legendary:

• Halo: CE
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • Halo 3: ODST
    • Halo 4

Between the five available iterations in MCC (Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 3: ODST), which do you think is the hardest, and the easiest? Feel free to leave them in a list from easiest to hardest, or the other way around. My thoughts:

Hardest

Halo 2

Halo 3: ODST

Halo: CE

Halo 3

Halo 4

Easiest

What do you think?

Edited by UNSC Spartan II
  • Like 2

Halo CE and Halo 2 are pretty much on par, though Halo 2 legendary is only a pain because of the 1-shot sniper Jackals so I chose Halo CE because it has a lot more that makes hard such as long levels, a health bar, not so frequent checkpoints and very hard enemies.

The easiest I find is Halo 3. I don't really know why, but I never really had any trouble with it.

Halo CE is hardest for me because of the last 3 levels. Coming off of The Library is bad enough. But when your next three levels lined up are Two Betrayals, Keyes, and the Maw. The Maw giving the most relief out of the three. When using speedrunning tactics, there aren't a lot of de spawns and a whole lot of RNG to kill you with Rocket Flood. Halo CE has the Most Tenacious enemies, and that's only on par with Halo 4 believe it or not. To me at least.

Halo 2 is most likely second, but what keeps it from getting first is the amount of shortcuts you can take. You can beat the level Uprising in 2 minutes flat which helps a lot because that level Vanilla tactics a pain. "Off the Rock, Through the Bush, Nothing but Jackal" Is one of the hardest sections to ever solo legendary... Vanilla. Once again there's a skip to De-spawn that whole area and cut the level in half. So if I was playing Headstrong/Vanilla and taking on everything Halo CE and Halo 2 would be reversed. But using Smart/Coward/Speedrunning Tricks makes Halo 2 the easier game. Depends on the way you play it.

Halo 4 is next. The Vehicles being made out of Paper Mache really doesn't help in any vehicle based part, minus the Mantis area on Infinity. Midnight, The Marine Achievement Hill on Infinity, Forerunner, and Not Skipping Shutdown can make this a pretty difficult game. Not to mention the Bullet Sponge Prometheans, Who I still personally like just for the Purpose of Punching right in the mouth and their Crispy fried deaths. Moderately tough game. Not as easy as people think. Especially By Yourself.

Halo 3 is what I said was easiest. Granted there are some pretty difficult parts near the end of the game. I have played the game enough though to get past these parts pretty fast. There is also a reasonable number of shortcuts like Killing the Scarab on the Ark the Moment it drops off the Structure. Killing the Scarab on The Storm the Moment it drops with a gravity lift. Ecetera Ecetera. These Coupled with the Crumbly Nature of the Flood in this game, comparatively speaking to it's predecessors, makes Combat Forms a Joke. The Tank forms are a damned Joke Honestly. The Ranged Forms are the Hardest thing they have to offer in this game. I.E The Annoying Cortana Mission. I Still miss them so much though :cray: When I went for beating the Original Trilogy in Under 3 hours for each game, Halo 3 gave me the least fuss. So Halo 3 is the easiest to me, yet still my favorite campaign, Gameplay wise.

Halo 3: ODST I don't have much experience within the campaign, but I'd say it would probably Tie with Halo 4 if I had to venture a Guess. Not too hard, but not too easy. I'll have better judgment on this when I play it on Legendary for myself.

TL;DR Version

Hardest

Halo: CE

Halo 2

Halo 4

Halo 3: ODST

Halo 3

Easiest

Also, If Reach was on the list, I'd say that one was the one that gave me the most fuss of all the Halo games. The Pillar of Autumn is such an unforgiving level. It may have gotten easier because the last time I played that game Legendary by Myself was in 2010. Oddly enough though, it's the only Halo so far I have completed on LASO.

• 5 weeks later...

I can't say. If I say one game is easier than the others I tend to do horribly the next time I play that game. Dunno, it just makes me subconsciously drop my guard apparently. So I won't outright rank their difficulty, but I could post my total death count for each campaign on my last solo legendary count.

Halo CE - 19 deaths

Halo 2 - 21 deaths

Halo 3 - 13 deaths

Halo 4 - 19 deaths

Make of that what you will. I treat all the games as though they have equal difficulty and this was the result.

Halo: CE has Two Betrayals

Halo 2 isn't that hard, if you BXR, you can run it like Halo 3's.

Assuming you can get close enough to an Elite without getting one shotted by nearly god damn everything... And even if you manage to do so, you won't even take them down because the have humongous shield capacity!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...