Mike Colter No Longer Voicing Locke in Halo 5: Guardians

Mike Colter, the previous voice and face of Agent Locke, will no longer be providing his vocal skills for the role, but will retain the image.

Most people were not impressed with Agent Locke's voice in the Halo 2: Anniversary cutscenes, and it seems 343 Industries took notice of this, and have removed him from a vocal role. This comes from Ike Amadi's Twitter.com and his IMDB.com page, where he has confirmed that he will be doing the voice for Agent Locke, but Mike Colter will still be the physical representation. Rooster Teeth also allegedly live streamed an interview with Ike Amadi, where he talked about his new role. While 343 themselves have not been vocal on the change, multiple sources such as the ones above have confirmed that the famed video game voice actor will be taking Mike's place. Ike Amadi is known for his roles as Javik in Mass Effect 3 and miscellaneous roles in other games such as Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. 

post-26953-0-45049500-1434698997_thumb.png

post-26953-0-27664700-1434698865.jpg

All images and information are sourced from IMDB and Twitter, as well as Rooster Teeth.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

Sooo... Was he the one that did the voice acting for E3,  or have we never heard this guy before?

Ok so I guess they did for All Hail as well. If that's the case I like the small amount we've seen so far. Must be able to mimic Colter's voice pretty well cause the only difference I felt when watching All Hail and E3 was emotion. A lot of people said they were not pleased with how wooden he sounded in the H2A cutscenes.

Edited by rrhuntington

Wow I wasn't sure how I felt about this until I read the replies saying Ike Amadi did All Hail. I'm sorry Mike Colter's voice isn't in the final cut but Ike Amadi has the edge in my opinion. Glad they're keeping Colter's likeness for the character.

Great article Kenway

Wow, now this is 343/MS just going out their way to please Halo fans.

I salute you guys salute.gif

Besides lets face, the all Hail trailer was **** awesome and it was because of that amazing voice acting, it was brilliant. Much better than the previous voice actors wooden performance in the terminals.

Lets take a moment to relish in this voice acting https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CT3VIFnryFc

Edited by Caboose The Ace

This is great they listened to feedback but its so..... weird?

I feel bad for the guy. He seemed happy to be doing Agent Locke in interviews and its kind of insulting to say "Halo fans dont like you so scrap all that work you did we're getting someone else" just wow.

All Hail was amazing though and still sounded like Locke so I guess this is a fine change. 

Wait the "all hail" was a different voice actor?!

I don't know how to feel about this. He's probably been working on this for months and now he gets sacked because the people didn't like his voice acting. I know I'd feel like doodoo...

Still, the "all hail" voice acting was great.