"Downloading latest data"

I can't get past this screen that says "downloading latest data" when I try to enter matchmaking...did a little research and I tried hard reset and erasing my profile data. I'm on about my 15th attempt to play tonight and getting fed up. The longest I've waited is about 30 minutes and it still didn't load. So I'm wondering if anyone knows what I can do to fix it?

Should I delete the game off my hard drive and try to download it again? Idk if that'd help.

Welp I'm reinstalling the game. Hopefully that does the trick.

It does this to me every so often, keep spamming "find game" until it goes away. That usually fixes it for me after like 5-10 attempts. It's just another bug that probably won't get fixed. It's not your connection, or anything on your end. It's one of those minor things we have to put up with til Halo 5. IF you get past that screen, let me know. I will try to help further. 

You can try a hard reset or you can go to Advanced Settings in your Network and Clear you MAC Address.

If not, what I have done is just launch MCC and if it ever pops up with that box. Just dashboard, press the menu button on the game, and select quit. Then launch the game in 30 seconds and see if it works. Or you could just eject the game, and then reinsert it. Which is a slower process, and that might not even work.

Let us know if that works or not. 

Well I've been redownloading the game since 9am. So it's been almost 9 hours and it's at 51% downloaded....-.- really having a rough start here. Lol

Well I've been redownloading the game since 9am. So it's been almost 9 hours and it's at 51% downloaded....-.- really having a rough start here. Lol

You can try a hard reset or you can go to Advanced Settings in your Network and Clear you MAC Address.

If not, what I have done is just launch MCC and if it ever pops up with that box. Just dashboard, press the menu button on the game, and select quit. Then launch the game in 30 seconds and see if it works. Or you could just eject the game, and then reinsert it. Which is a slower process, and that might not even work.

Let us know if that works or not.

Lulz what? Clear your MAC Address?!? Do you even know what a MAC is? It's not something you can clear, nor will it help with downloading issues. I believe what you may have been trying to say, is to clear the "cache" and see if that helps.

As for the above downloading issues, thats all network related. Download servers specific to your area may have high traffic, or it could be sporadic usage widespread across your ISP grid or home network.

Lulz what? Clear your MAC Address?!? Do you even know what a MAC is? It's not something you can clear, nor will it help with downloading issues. I believe what you may have been trying to say, is to clear the "cache" and see if that helps.

As for the above downloading issues, thats all network related. Download servers specific to your area may have high traffic, or it could be sporadic usage widespread across your ISP grid or home network.

No. You don't know what I mean. If you go to on your Xbox One > Settings > Network > Advance Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear > Restart

The root problem is the home network.  MAC's are unique to every piece of NIC hardware.  Using the MAC workaround provided for the Xbox One in it's advanced Settings menu is nothing mroe than helping idiots setup a "spoofed" proper Home Network for all their devices.  Spoofing the MAC by using this setting is the same as properly going into your router and setting up port forwarding and triggering like you should do anyway.  It's basic Networking 101.

Hate to say this, but statistically it is shown that almost 100% of everyone own inability to connect to the internet or other infrastructure network is the individuals own fault or lack of networking knowledge.  And yes I think I know what I am talking about since you know...bachelors in networking and Cybersecurity....just sayin

• Like 1

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game worked for me, guys. Idk why but the first download took 4 hours the second time I did it it took almost 24 hours. Not sure why...but I can play now! Feel free to send msgs and/or invited or just a friend request to my gamer tag 'c00pn' ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...