Halo 5: Guardians REQ pack info

Halo 5: Guardians REQ pack info

post-11796-0-97766900-1434627338.jpg

Since the release of the Limited edition and Collectors edition information people have been wondering what those "14 REQ packs to enhance Spartan combat" are. Josh Holmes got quite a few questions via Twitter and decided to give us more info on them on Waypoint.

In the list of goodies we get with the special edition for Halo 5: Guardians are 14 REQ packs. But what are these REQ packs exactly?

REQ packs are purchasable with in-game REQ points which you earn after completing a game of Warzone or Arena multiplayer. Get enough of these REQ points and you'll be able to redeem them for REQ packs. Since the special editions feature "A Warzone REQ bundle with 14 Premium Requisition packs" we can assume that there are different types of REQ packs you can purchase. REQ packs are also obtainable by leveling up your Spartan Rank and completing commendations.

So what is within these REQ packs?

Each REQ pack has a variety of items. Including unlockable weapons, armors, skins, assassination animations and more.

Be aware that only cosmetic items obtained from REQ packs are usable in the Arena portion of the multiplayer. The weapon and vehicle cards shown in the E3 demo are restricted to Warzone.

In Warzone you'll be allowed to take your weapons and vehicle cards from REQ stations. To ensure an equal start of the match the cards are restricted by Warzone's in-game REQ level which you can level up by completing feats in the Warzone match. So no starting out with a Mantis and stomping on your enemies just because you got lucky with your REQs.

After the game's release 343i ensures us of new additions to the REQ packs so we'll always have something new to play around with.

As a matter of convenience 343i will also make REQ packs purchasable from the Microsoft Store. A part of the income from these purchases will go to the Halo Championship Series' prize pool.

Now I can hear you thinking "OMG MICROTRANSACTIONS NOOOOOOOOOO" but keep in mind that these REQ packs will not yield you anymore power on the battlefield. The weapons you'll be able to use in Warzone are still locked behind the in-game REQ level for balance sake. The only way these microtransactions are benefitial is if you don't really have the time to play Halo each and everyday but still want to keep up with some of the unlocks. 

Also remember that the Map Packs will be completely free.

What do you think of this REQ pack system?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Halowaypoint

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

REQT

If most of any of this is restricted to Warzone, I'm not really even sweating most of anything I hear about these packs. Now, I wonder how many Assassinations this game has if they are unlock-able. Couldn't they be used in Arena Also? 

• Like 1

REQT

If most of any of this is restricted to Warzone, I'm not really even sweating most of anything I hear about these packs. Now, I wonder how many Assassinations this game has if they are unlock-able. Couldn't they be used in Arena Also? 

I think it's more of a cosmetic item, so yes.

However if you can unlock an assissination that's quicker than others it's still a slight advantage.

@@Caboose The Ace Not really just for the heck of it. I can understand that with them releasing all Map Packs for free they wan't some other way of some income. Also as stated a part of the profit goes into the HCS prize pool so it serves it's purpose for the upkeep of the company and the Championship series (which could use the revive)

If you want to spend money to get your hands on something a little sooner because you don't get to play as much, why shouldn't you get to option to?

@@Caboose The Ace 

Some people don't have the time on their hands to unlock everything manually. It's just convenient for them to get their hands on it by putting down some of their money.

If they want to spend their money on it they should be able to.

Well, I actually I fine with this, especially since it will only be in Wargames. I see this as I do Battlepacks in Battlefield: free scopes, skins, and medals, boosts, and occasionally a free gun. If you are willing to pay for them in mass quantities, that's fine by me, but how much does it help? Yeah the req cards in Halo 5 will be more helpful in-game, but inside each match you still have to rank up, and you still have to plan out your use of powerweapons and vehicles. If you don't, then you are wasting your time, and your reqs. Although this has a shot at being fairly competitive, I see this being a more social playlist than anything else. 

Wait I just realised this thing includes vehicles too?!

I was already mad add this but I suppose P34nut did make a good point, tempering my rage,  but vehicles, I don't care how you put it that's just an unfair advantage. :)

I thought this was just weapon skins and different assassination animations, things that don't make any real difference in game.

@@Caboose The Ace Do you even read? The weapons and vehicles are restricted to Warzone. Within a match of Warzone each team starts out at level 1 and can only acces the basic weapons. Through in-game feats the team levels up and gets more and more acces to the arsenal untill the end-game where everything is accesible (if you have the cards).

You can't just spawn in a Tank right away...

It's really simple actually.

I don't see why people are getting their undies in a knot.

You earn credits to buy upgrades. Simple.

If you want, you can purchase the items separate. Extra simple.

343i played it smart. CoD and Titanfall do it too.

• Like 2

Caboose not understanding a simple concept, go figure.

I think it's a great idea. And considering that people on both teams have access to this, it's fair.

If you want to spend money to get REQ packs, go for it. It makes no difference as you can only use them at a certain point depending what level your item is.

I like the way 343i is taking this.

Free maps and optional REQ packs > Paid DLC and no REQ packs

• Like 2

^

No, I understand the concept just fine and I agree. Free maps and optional REQ packs > Paid DLC and no REQ packs. < This is agree with. :)

But I still disagree with it despite preferring it I would just prefer microtranactions be kept out of stuff like this. Besides, I still see some of things on offer such as the vehicle stuff as an unfair advantage, just because I disagree does not mean I don't understand, I just disagree....

• 4 months later...

I have heard that you can view and open req packs online through halo waypoint before the game is released. Is this true? If so, how would i do it?

On this page.

You get a free REQ pack for creating or joining an active Spartan Company which is, as of now, the only obtainable and openable REQ pack online.

Had an error with the link, apparently it's a problem on their end.

I'm getting the same, even when trying to log in. But then I tried it again and it worked, I don't know. Maybe Waypoint is drunk, or overloaded. xD 

EDIT: there was a link here, but same issue as before. I'd say to just wait, unless a Mod can send you a join request without you being on the page? Sorry Spartan :( 

^ Give that one a try. If that doesn't load, then I would say that the Halo 5 launch caught Waypoint off guard lol. 

Edited by Halo6 Follower