EA Confirms No Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster

Electronic Arts has dashed most hope for a possible remaster or reboot of the Mass Effect Trilogy on current generation systems.

Since the release of the current generation of consoles, Mass Effect fans have been eager for a Trilogy port or remaster, but it seems Electronic Arts is not as keen on the idea. IGN.com reports that EA's Patrick Söderlund was interviewed by Game Informer and he told them that a remaster is not likely. He does confirm that Electronic Arts has examined the requests and knows about the desire for a port. "I won't lie and say we haven't looked at it. But for us, it's about weighing where we spend our resources. Is it better for them to be working on a completely new IP, which you know BioWare is, or should they be remastering a Mass Effect?" Patrick said, confirming that it would not be happening. He backed this up by stating how he wants to remember games as they were originally when he goes back to play them, rather than an upscale or remaster. This news comes in light of the recent Mass Effect: Andromeda announcement at EA's E3 Conference, the game is slated for release sometime in Holiday 2016.

post-26953-0-53698800-1434570644_thumb.png

All information and pictures are sourced from Bioware and Electronic Arts.

This post has been promoted to an article

Bioware/EA please don't screw the new Mass effect up and repeat the mistakes of DAI.

Thanks- your worst enemy- Caboose. :D

In all seriousness a ME remaster is not needed and would be a waste of resources right now. So for once I agree with EA.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

A remastering would amount to nothing more than a graphical update. Waste of time and money if you ask me.

Also Bioware wouldn't be in charge of porting the ME trilogy over to the XB1. They just have to allow its license to be used by Microsoft and then it will be run on the 360 emulation. The XB1 resources would be used to basically supercharge its performance as well so everything is alright in my book.

Heck at E3 they showed ME1 being played on the XB1, what more proof do you need?

A remastering would amount to nothing more than a graphical update. Waste of time and money if you ask me.

Also Bioware wouldn't be in charge of porting the ME trilogy over to the XB1. They just have to allow its license to be used by Microsoft and then it will be run on the 360 emulation. The XB1 resources would be used to basically supercharge its performance as well so everything is alright in my book.

Heck at E3 they showed ME1 being played on the XB1, what more proof do you need?

The X360 emulator still only works at 720/30fps.

I'm not bothered but some people are, I think Mass Effect 1's graphics have aged rather well, even if the gameplay hasn't.